tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I don't know if anyone has reported this here or not, but...
This mod doesn't like the "Auto ammo belt" that comes from the Auto Tools mod, which is sad because I wanted to use
the Lethal Injection
to keep healing my allies constantly without using mana in the rare case I can't use my
Pocket Guardian
to keep them alive.
1599427978738.png

The image above shows the belt fully loaded, which is the requirement for the belt to function.
1599428013123.png

This shows that the ammo is detected, but when I fire using it, it goes "click click click" and nothing comes out. I would really appreciate a fix, this was also reported to the other mod.

I'm a huge fan of the Thorium mod - unlike Calamity, it really feels like the expansion to vanilla Terraria - and I'm looking forward to it be updated for 1.4.

About what I would like to see in the mod - I feel the lack of Hardmode Summoner armor. Yes, the summoner has plenty of it, maybe even more than any other class if we count all possible Tavernkeep armor, but all other classes did get new armor sets. The only sets that were added just filled empty places in the game progress - post-mechs and post-Primordials, while other classes did get alternative sets. It would be nice to get sentry-focused Hardmode armor that isn't half-class, or armor that gives you both normal summons and sentries.

Also, I'm a huge fan of two-class armor, and I like how it is implemented in vanilla Frost and Forbidden armor sets, and it would be nice to see more, for different stages of the game and different class combinations. Mage/Melee, Summoner/Ranger, Thrower/Melee, Mage/Healer, etc.

Last edited:
Has anyone else been having issues loading any worlds that have thorium content? I use only a handful of mods and Thorium seems to be the one causing my game to crash before I can load a world. It is incredibly frustrating and has been going on for about a month now.

I'm just gonna toss this one out there because I don't really see why this was changed:
Is there a reason that Ragnarök was renamed? That name has been iconic for a long time with Thorium, at first I thought it was just because the boss got a big rework but than I noticed even the older update names like the one that first added the boss were renamed as well, which is giving me the idea that the choice was alot more personal and there's a deeper meaning behind it, but I clearly can't find anything out in the open about it without joining the discord server

I'm just gonna toss this one out there because I don't really see why this was changed:
Is there a reason that Ragnarök was renamed? That name has been iconic for a long time with Thorium, at first I thought it was just because the boss got a big rework but than I noticed even the older update names like the one that first added the boss were renamed as well, which is giving me the idea that the choice was alot more personal and there's a deeper meaning behind it, but I clearly can't find anything out in the open about it without joining the discord server
I'm interested as well. Ragnarök really fit the nordic theme of the endgame.

I love the mod, I only wish that it was balanced with calamity. Calamity makes this mod obsolete if you play with them together :/
That's the problem of the already stupid unbalanced Calamity.

I'd have to agree with @TE_0 here.

You can't randomly cherry-pick one mod, especially not Calamity and then go (insert mod here) is useless because (mod you're comparing it against) makes it obsolete.

That is a good sign that said mod is stupidly unbalanced. It's among the many reasons I won't touch it.

Thorium adds extra content in sideways directions, and tries to keep more or less in line with Re-Logic's existing content while Calamity just does whatever the frick it wants, and adds stupidly overpowered items and tries to justify it with ridiculous bosses that don't really fit with the rest of the game to the point that you can just trash the Moon Lord in seconds with some of the stuff in Calamity.

EDIT: It is true that certain items in Thorium play with the progression a bit, but I haven't seen anything in Thorium yet that screams "what the frick is this!?" in an overpowered way. So obviously any mod that adds stupidly OP junk is going to make Thorium "seem obsolete".

The only possibly "op" items in Thorium that I can remember off the top of my head are the donator items that can only be made once you beat Thorium's final boss. Even then, those items still don't completely make you a "camp in one spot and own all." Favorite is the bow and even that will get you killed if you just spam it during the solar pillar.

Last edited:
I'd have to agree with @TE_0 here.

You can't randomly cherry-pick one mod, especially not Calamity and then go (insert mod here) is useless because (mod you're comparing it against) makes it obsolete.

That is a good sign that said mod is stupidly unbalanced. It's among the many reasons I won't touch it.

Thorium adds extra content in sideways directions, and tries to keep more or less in line with Re-Logic's existing content while Calamity just does whatever the frick it wants, and adds stupidly overpowered items and tries to justify it with ridiculous bosses that don't really fit with the rest of the game to the point that you can just trash the Moon Lord in seconds with some of the stuff in Calamity.

EDIT: It is true that certain items in Thorium play with the progression a bit, but I haven't seen anything in Thorium yet that screams "what the frick is this!?" in an overpowered way. So obviously any mod that adds stupidly OP junk is going to make Thorium "seem obsolete".
In all honesty, Thorium used to have a few unbalanced items that were good in any situation, but I am happy to see them getting balanced every now and then. It is such a mod that you can just throw at any modpack and be fine, because it is SO respectful to the vanilla balance.

And about calamity, I don't think a goddamn MLP mount or overly shaded hit sponge bosses fit the main game.

Look at this. What even here fits the main game?

The only possibly "op" items in Thorium that I can remember off the top of my head are the donator items that can only be made once you beat Thorium's final boss. Even then, those items still don't completely make you a "camp in one spot and own all." Favorite is the bow and even that will get you killed if you just spam it during the solar pillar.
There used to be the unnerfed darksteel armour which gave you god tier armor piercing and amazing mobility with nice defense. Thank lord it got nerfed because no pre HM armor could be compared to it.

Last edited:
In all honesty, Thorium used to have a few unbalanced items that were good in any situation, but I am happy to see them getting balanced every now and then. It is such a mod that you can just throw at any modpack and be fine, because it is SO respectful to the vanilla balance.

And about calamity, I don't think a goddamn MLP mount or overly shaded hit sponge bosses fit the main game.

Look at this. What even here fits the main game?

Just. WTF.

5 *bleeeeeeeeeeeeep*ing million health? Who thought that was a good idea!? That's some FF13 levels of "MOAR NUMBERS GOTTA HAVE BIG NUMBERS" syndrome right there that many modern RPGs end up falling into. No, you don't need thousands and thousands of health/damage/etc in a properly balanced game.

Just. WTF.

5 *bleeeeeeeeeeeeep*ing million health? Who thought that was a good idea!? That's some FF13 levels of "MOAR NUMBERS GOTTA HAVE BIG NUMBERS" syndrome right there that many modern RPGs end up falling into. No, you don't need thousands and thousands of health/damage/etc in a properly balanced game.
Ahem... Zenith.

Ahem... Zenith.

Zenith is kinda up there, but it's the "You beat the game, congratulations, here have a developer item".

Because it's kind of, you know, you beat everything in the game and there's nothing left to do other than build so you might as well have a god item.

Calamity, on the other hand, just keeps stacking OP items ontop of OP items ontop of OP items and keeps trying to add bosses that you need these new OP items for and it just gets silly in a hurry.

Think people usually call it "Exponential Power Creep". E.G. Warframe and WoW before they started with stat and level squishes.

Back
Top Bottom