tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Welp, this update is kind of a mess... But here is the second part to the previous update. I blame a serious lack of impatience and I can with 100% certainty guarantee that multiple things are wonky...

Make sure it says your version is 1.2.5.3!

Included
Arcane Armor Fabricator Equipment
- Danger, Feather and Bulb can all be obtained now!
New soul forge sprite
- Looks way better, thanks Sapharan!
Slugger
- Gun type weapon made from lead/Iron and Bones; When shot, sends you flying backwards!
Mana Berries
- Made from pixie dust and grass seeds; Its a growing plant that yields a special consumable!
Silver's Fang (Donation Item)
- Made from hellstone and fallen stars; Attacks against enemies summon molten protectors to assist you
Diver Spawning
- Killing the Queen Jellyfish ONCE will now allow him to move back in. An additional jellyfish kill is no longer needed!
Magic, Melee and Thrown projectile fixes
- Should trigger their respective effects now!
Some equipment tweaks
- Mainly for balance sake
Terrarium Crafting
- Still trying ti find out a realistic way to stop the annoyance of making it...

Last edited:
Could I suggest a idea?

Lunchbox- Maybe sold from the chef. I have two separate ideas for it

1: Can be opened and gives 3 random food items (any food items)

2: Can be like a money trough and can be carried, you can only store food items in it, (So it doesn't make the money trough obsolete.)

Is the idea ok?

So, there's a HUGE problem with the generation of thorium.
I was exploring the dungeon and doing dungeon things when I came across my jungle biome chest- or, rather, the top-left corner of it. Three out of the four blocks it occupies were replaced with thorium. It didn't say it was locked (it was just labelled as "Chest" when I rolled my mouse over it), so I decided to try to open it. No luck. I try to hit it with a pickaxe and it dropped as an item.
There's no piranha gun in my world at all.
I'm not going for a ranged playthrough anyway, but I found (what seems to be) another chest that's entirely replaced with thorium. If that's the ice biome chest, then I'm kinda screwed. I can provide pictures if needed since I took a picture of each one before touching it at all, but I don't know how to put them up atm.

EDIT: Found all other biome chests. Jungle biome chest was the only one affected.

Last edited:
I would like to report a bug: I have not summoned the Thunder Bird or killed it and the desert wanderer NPC still moved in

I suppose you guys are right... :sigh: It seemed like a unique idea in my head, but I guess not all ideas are balanced. I've updated the mod, fixed a bug I found with the Lich and changed the Spirit Bands effect to a simple 30% damage reduction. Sorry fellas.
Honestly i'd just say raise the flat max damage to 125 so your defenses are still useful and even in full warding + tank gear you'll never take 1 damage on expert mode from bosses like Moonlord, a flat 30% reduction is rather plain to me.

Honestly i'd just say raise the flat max damage to 125 so your defenses are still useful and even in full warding + tank gear you'll never take 1 damage on expert mode from bosses like Moonlord, a flat 30% reduction is rather plain to me.

Its either 30% damage reduction or cap the damage you take. Which if you can regenerate and dodge well the cap is sorta useless. Just my 2 cents dont h8 im just sayin

Its either 30% damage reduction or cap the damage you take. Which if you can regenerate and dodge well the cap is sorta useless. Just my 2 cents dont h8 im just sayin
Thats entirely the point of increasing the cap...30% damage reduction is uninteresting for a boss that is as difficult to kill as that. You see when you set the cap at 40 damage all damage over 40 is lowered to 40 then it subtracts damage from your defense lowering it below 40, and 40 is rather low so most endgame armors means you're only taking 1 damage, but with a cap of 125 you take your armor and subtract from 125 instead. You'd be taking moderately high damage from people like moonlord even on normal mode with that change short of using full solar armor with all warding accessories.

Thats entirely the point of increasing the cap...30% damage reduction is uninteresting for a boss that is as difficult to kill as that. You see when you set the cap at 40 damage all damage over 40 is lowered to 40 then it subtracts damage from your defense lowering it below 40, and 40 is rather low so most endgame armors means you're only taking 1 damage, but with a cap of 125 you take your armor and subtract from 125 instead. You'd be taking moderately high damage from people like moonlord even on normal mode with that change short of using full solar armor with all warding accessories.
I was thinking about something where it lowers the damage after initial calculation. Say you initially took 200 damage from an attack, then your defenses reduced it to 80 damage. With the item equipped, it reduces the 80 you would have taken down to a fixed amount, like 40.

Hey Diver out of curiosity is it possible to make your world terrain gen focus only on stone or something? I'm noticing way too often that some ores (thorium in particular) seems to manifest over terrain. Like glowing mushroom trees, chests, railroads, pots and underground houses. I have no idea if it's doable or not though just a suggestion to see if it can perhaps only target stone and snow.

Hey Diver out of curiosity is it possible to make your world terrain gen focus only on stone or something? I'm noticing way too often that some ores (thorium in particular) seems to manifest over terrain. Like glowing mushroom trees, chests, railroads, pots and underground houses. I have no idea if it's doable or not though just a suggestion to see if it can perhaps only target stone and snow.

I found a whole tree made of coal. Fite me

Back
Top Bottom