tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Ok so im not 100% sure if this is from thorium. Excuse me if the items are not. But since a recent update items like the Hallowed Paladins armour became craft able with a single block of dirt at the crafting bench.

-Staff of (nothing here)
-The good book
-Hallowed Paladins Breastplate
-Hallowed Paladins Helmet
-Hallowed Paladins Leggings
-Holy Staff
-Life's gift
-Staff of
-Staff of
-Staff of
I'm only playing with Thorium and Tremor, so if this is from tremor instead and im derping here let me know.
That's intentional. Diver made them craftable that way to test them out in multiplayer as part of the new Healer Class he's making.

That's intentional. Diver made them craftable that way to test them out in multiplayer as part of the new Healer Class he's making.
Ah cool. Yeah was assuming that he had accidentally/unintentionally left it in the public release version of the mod.

I guess the healer class will only be effective in multiplayer? As normally healing classes are extremely weak alone and need to have people defending them.
I'm guessing it has small defence and low damage weapons. It sounds amazing but is there any reason to play the class in single player?

A Healing class? Doesn't sound.. worth to me. Especially in SP. Instead, you could make a Buffer, which will apply all sorts of buffs to anyone without the usage of potions. Sounds OP, but it could be ballanced by low DEF/Equipment chips off HP/MP.
Can you make more of those, Flask throwing weapons? And possibly add an Alchemist throwing set? I'd really love to see it.

Well the "healer class" does both, actually. Currently, there's buff staffs with those testing items that increase things like damage, life regen, speed, defense etc. while you hold the aura over your ally. So I guess its a healer/support class. Plus, I think you guys underestimate the power of a healer class in this game...

A Healing class? Doesn't sound.. worth to me. Especially in SP. Instead, you could make a Buffer, which will apply all sorts of buffs to anyone without the usage of potions. Sounds OP, but it could be ballanced by low DEF/Equipment chips off HP/MP.
Can you make more of those, Flask throwing weapons? And possibly add an Alchemist throwing set? I'd really love to see it.
Gyrolite is adding alchemist.

I think a cool idea would be AOE potions, that function similarly to the Plague Doctor Flasks. You could add crystal shards and jungle spores to any sort of in-game potion to make a cloud effect that gives the buff to anyone inside of the cloud for a few seconds.

Another idea is an accessory that when you have buffs/debuffs, they also get applied to everyone around you or everyone on your team in that world.

I think a Healer/Support class is an amazing idea. Back when the late game armor for mage was Spectre Hood/Mask, I with a friend separated our jobs, with one playing as the healer with AoE spells and sustained damage, and the other being the damage dealer with a lot of burst. Support classes are really cool to play as.

The one thing I'm rather worried about tho, it's how well balance can you get them to be. Healers in most games that appear are almost always mandatory to have on the team, or you can play without them but you're left very vulnerable. I hope that you can get the perfect balance point for them to feel useful yet not broken.

Aside from that, I'm in love with the idea. Final Fantasy based team hype!

Hello everyone, I'm playing with thorium mod on Expert mode and I lately I've hit hard mode.
So I did what I already did on my vanilla playthrough: going for Cobalt/Mythril/Titanium ores, Wings and prepare for the hard mode's bosses.
Here what I did: farmed a hell lot of hard mode's ingots, got my melee Titanium Armor and went underground to summon The Beholder, leaving around fire places for Hp regen and stuff.
It spawned Valadium, the treasure bag with the summon's staff and its loot.
I though "ok, now the mechanical bosses might be easier with Valadium's stuff"... but I was a little, how can I say, disappointed with the Valadium set.
First of all: it's only ranged, but has melee and magic weapons. Why? It hasn't higher bonuses than a ranged Titanium set, it has slightly more armor (we're talking about 38vs34, nothing big).
My question is: why should I farm it, if it doesn't provide me with anything more than a Titanium set?
The set bonus? It's interesting, sure, but at this point I might stick with what I've already have since I don't see any major benefits.
Same thing goes for the Lodestone set.
Is it a melee set, right? More over a sort of pseudo tank set, it has accessories for keeping the aggro and stuff.. why does it have lower defense than Titanium? 11 less armor than Titanium, 4 less than Orichalcum, just +1 armor than Mythril... why?
Ok sure, it increases damage reduction the lower your hp are, but its base defense it's really low for an armor I can obtain only after I've killed a hard mode boss, and mine again after I've mined all 3 the early hard mode ores.

So, here what I personally suggest about these early hard mode armors:
Remove the specialization for both armor (by adding Magic/Melee/Ranged counterparts helmets) or power up their own specialization to a level they *really* feel like an upgrade.
[About Valadium] -> increase its bonus damage or critical chance
[About Lodestone] -> increase its defense, it should have at least more defense than Orichalcum

Personally I don't like the Valadium own gravitational potion, I would have liked more something about horizontal mobility with a bonus damage for X seconds after using it.
Like a mini-teleport with 20 seconds of internal cooldown, which is something every class could benefit from.

I think they should be worth more since they are "unlocked" after beating a boss, that's all.

Valladium you can get waaaaaaay before titanium/adamantite, that is why.
Yes and no.
It depends on what you do after gettin the pwnhammer.
I guess no one ever jumped a hard mode boss without gearing and preparing accessories/arenas, Valladium falls behind mythril/orichalcum...
What I meant with my post is that those metals can be totally skipped, instead of providing a valid alternative for mechanical bosses.
And that's a shame because they look absolutely cool and the weapons are good!

Ok I'm finally being able to tell the results on my experiments with the healing class items.

-Yes, they work. The staff of, however, doesn't outright give to your ally the buff. Instead, their cursor gets the circle thing and after they pass them around their char, they get the buff for around 3 seconds or so.
One thing however, is that sometimes the game doesn't tell you that your ally got healed and just suddenly increases their hp, without the green numbers appearing
-Yup. They healed the ammounts that they were supposed to (3 with the book, 5 with the wand)
-Too much, more about this on the last answer.
-Yes, it works properly.
-Multiple times. The Wand heals way too much since it does multiple ticks of healing, and combined with the Paladin Armor it becomes absurd. The book healing so much makes some more sense since it barely has any range, but it still needs some tuning too.

Hey since the soul cleave and ragnarok summoner weapon does thrown and summon damage shouldn't some vanilla weapon damage types be changed.
thrown
all boomerangs and chakrams, vampire knife, flying knifes, shadowflame knife, scourge of the corruptor, daybreak, magic dagger, and toxic flask
summon
beekeeper, horsemans blade, bees knees, piranha gun, crimson rod, clinger staff, nimbus rod, bee gun, wasp gun, bat scepter, and beenade

Quick question, I can't figure out how to make the Holy Aegis and didn't spot it in the contents. Can someone tell me the recipe? Thanks

Quick question, I can't figure out how to make the Holy Aegis and didn't spot it in the contents. Can someone tell me the recipe? Thanks
I think you need an Ankh Shield as part of the recipe? And maybe a Turtle Shell or Frozen Turtle Shell.

Back
Top Bottom