tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Can there be a throwing weapon that will do some serious damage against the Moonlord, because I'm having trouble trying to defeat him with the weapons given in Expert mode

mayhaps found something. using the Timewarp item doesnt trigger new quests from the fisherman on the new day. duno if thats intentional or an oversight, but figured i'd mention it ^^

mayhaps found something. using the Timewarp item doesnt trigger new quests from the fisherman on the new day. duno if thats intentional or an oversight, but figured i'd mention it ^^
hmm, i wonder if unlike the enchanted sundial, it just recycles through the current day, instead of actually changing time over, that way it wouldnt be too overpowered.

Could be like a portable sundial with a shorter recharge time or something

Could be like a portable sundial with a shorter recharge time or something
maybe, but that would mean it would at least be able to trigger the quest once. the Timewarp item cost 75 mana, thats it. no cooldown, and the fisherman doesnt seem to care. xD

maybe, but that would mean it would at least be able to trigger the quest once. the Timewarp item cost 75 mana, thats it. no cooldown, and the fisherman doesnt seem to care. xD
If I had to guess it's because you're not actually completin a day. The Time Warp just auto adjusts your time by a certain amount depending on what the in game time is. So because it doesn't naturally complete a day/night cycle like the sundial it doesn't trigger changes.

Why are the ice weapons so weak? They're barely copper tier and the arrows are a worse version of easy to make base game arrows from the same area. I wasn't expecting a whole lot but there just doesn't seem to be any reason to make them.

If I had to guess it's because you're not actually completin a day. The Time Warp just auto adjusts your time by a certain amount depending on what the in game time is. So because it doesn't naturally complete a day/night cycle like the sundial it doesn't trigger changes.

To be specific, a new day starts on 7:30. If your time isn't EXACTLY 7:30 at any point, it all counts as the same day. Even if you jump forward past it, no dice. The best you can hopefor is a time slightly before 7:30, let it pass over naturally, and then you can get a new quest.

Why are the ice weapons so weak? They're barely copper tier and the arrows are a worse version of easy to make base game arrows from the same area. I wasn't expecting a whole lot but there just doesn't seem to be any reason to make them.
They affect "Frost Burn" debuff, = more DPS, especialy the spear, i found it so useful and so powerful eary game. The bow, meh, other stuff, meh. But the Book, the Blizzard Book, is amazing, decent DPS and it's a stun-lock weapon.

Extra dps? in expert mode that's all the dps they get. That chance of an extra 6 damage from frost burn doesn't make up for the fact that they have a shelf life shorter than the time it takes to grind out the materials. I haven't tried the book because my dungeon didn't generate any surface shelves but that's still a trek to the dungeon to get a weapon weaker than a boreal wood bow and some frostburn arrows you can make 2 minutes into the game (which reliably applies frostburn with an actual duration). If I want stunlock I make some snowballs, bonus points if I find the snowball cannon.

Extra dps? in expert mode that's all the dps they get. That chance of an extra 6 damage from frost burn doesn't make up for the fact that they have a shelf life shorter than the time it takes to grind out the materials. I haven't tried the book because my dungeon didn't generate any surface shelves but that's still a trek to the dungeon to get a weapon weaker than a boreal wood bow and some frostburn arrows you can make 2 minutes into the game (which reliably applies frostburn with an actual duration). If I want stunlock I make some snowballs, bonus points if I find the snowball cannon.
Meh, you got me xD Wooden Bow with Frost Burn arrow is still better than Icy stuffs :d

For the sake of argument I started a new run and made the ice spear after a night of farming eskimo zombies with a regular spear found in a surface chest. The ice spear is worse for the most part, owing to its pitiful knockback rendering it unable to keep enemies off you while you stab. The animation just looks wrong, with about a mile of pole sticking out the back unused while the actual reach is quite short (I think it might actually be the same length as the regular spear but it doesn't feel it due to the animation). Shoulda skipped it.

Last edited:
So yesterday i tried to defeat the WoF and i died. When i respawned i was -106 of mana and it wasn't regenerating so i used coupple of mana potions and solved the issue. Then i tried to summon the WoF and it wasn't working. I'm playing in single player.

Spent a bunch of iron summoning a really easy boss who dropped materials for what appear to be copies of iron weapons (and a carpal tunnel syndrome inducing weak/fast sword) and a fast but weak bow.

Try re-logging.
Wut?! Are you talking about the Thunder Bird, cause.. Brain.exe not found
For the sake of argument I started a new run and made the ice spear after a night of farming eskimo zombies with a regular spear found in a surface chest. The ice spear is worse for the most part, owing to its pitiful knockback rendering it unable to keep enemies off you while you stab. The animation just looks wrong, with about a mile of pole sticking out the back unused while the actual reach is quite short (I think it might actually be the same length as the regular spear but it doesn't feel it due to the animation). Shoulda skipped it.
Meh, I guess people have different taste. I feel like the knockback isn't as good as the vanilla spear too, but still, for me is pretty good.

So yesterday i tried to defeat the WoF and i died. When i respawned i was -106 of mana and it wasn't regenerating so i used coupple of mana potions and solved the issue. Then i tried to summon the WoF and it wasn't working. I'm playing in single player.
What accessories and equipment did you have...?
Spent a bunch of iron summoning a really easy boss who dropped materials for what appear to be copies of iron weapons (and a carpal tunnel syndrome inducing weak/fast sword) and a fast but weak bow.
No ones making you play the mod bud. If its not to your liking, then by all means, criticize the work. But how about being a little more constructive, like providing some ideas on how to improve the issues rather than just bashing the material?

Back
Top Bottom