tModLoader The Thorium Mod

What accessories and equipment did you have...?
No ones making you play the mod bud. If its not to your liking, then by all means, criticize the work. But how about being a little more constructive, like providing some ideas on how to improve the issues rather than just bashing the material?
So i had the Spectre Boots, the band of replenishment, the phylactery, enchanted shield and shield of cthulhu.

No ones making you play the mod bud. If its not to your liking, then by all means, criticize the work. But how about being a little more constructive, like providing some ideas on how to improve the issues rather than just bashing the material?
Just discovered that when you are in a boss fight and you are using magic weapons, somehow your mana goes in negative.

How's this for constructive: Farming mobs for copper grade junk wasn't fun and felt like a waste of content. Fighting a boss for iron grade junk wasn't much better, even if it did fail to do anything once introduced to a roof. In both cases I easily had better gear just trying to round up the materials to mess with the new content.

The Guide to Expert Throwing doesn't work very well. If the target has any defense at all it just adds 1 damage. Neat idea but the mechanics just don't support it.

How's this for constructive: Farming mobs for copper grade junk wasn't fun and felt like a waste of content. Fighting a boss for iron grade junk wasn't much better, even if it did fail to do anything once introduced to a roof. In both cases I easily had better gear just trying to round up the materials to mess with the new content.

The Guide to Expert Throwing doesn't work very well. If the target has any defense at all it just adds 1 damage. Neat idea but the mechanics just don't support it.
That isn't constructive, that's just bashing on the mod still, but more specifically.
Example of constructive criticism:
Farming mobs for copper grade junk wasn't fun and felt like a waste of content. Perhaps you could make the grind more worth it by buffing the gear they drop.
The Guide to Expert Throwing doesn't scale very well, If the target has decent defense it only seems to add 1 damage. Not sure if intentional or not, but if not, maybe buff it a bit. ^^

Much nicer, and useful to the mod dev.

So i had the Spectre Boots, the band of replenishment, the phylactery, enchanted shield and shield of cthulhu.
So I would think the issue is the enchanted shield taking away more mana than you actually have. But I made sure to fix that issue in a previous update. What version do you have, bud?

Spent a bunch of iron summoning a really easy boss who dropped materials for what appear to be copies of iron weapons (and a carpal tunnel syndrome inducing weak/fast sword) and a fast but weak bow.

Hey hey hey.

Thunderbird drops crap that might be too GOOD. There's a point to be made about icy weapons being trash, but that thunderbird gear is kind of 2good.

The summon staff (at least did, dunno if it was edited since I last posted about it) goes ABSOLUTELY BERSERK on things and murders them dead. The thundertalon sword is autoswing, projectile, AND makes light which is pretty much the holy trinity on melee weapons (the only downside is the meh damage, but it easily holds its own until you get a blood butcherer or blade of grass) the accessory is nice unless you've gotten lucky and found a bunch of other more useful toys, and that expert mode bow is pretty perfect for fighting EoC as soon as you knock thunderbird out.

To say nothing about the armor's decent defense, innate double jump (also extremely handy for EoC), and the throwing weapons being an efficient replacement for shurikens and throwing knives for quite some time.

I think you just focused too much on the tools. Literally everything else is fantastic.

Hey hey hey.

Thunderbird drops crap that might be too GOOD. There's a point to be made about icy weapons being trash, but that thunderbird gear is kind of 2good.

The summon staff (at least did, dunno if it was edited since I last posted about it) goes ABSOLUTELY BERSERK on things and murders them dead. The thundertalon sword is autoswing, projectile, AND makes light which is pretty much the holy trinity on melee weapons (the only downside is the meh damage, but it easily holds its own until you get a blood butcherer or blade of grass) the accessory is nice unless you've gotten lucky and found a bunch of other more useful toys, and that expert mode bow is pretty perfect for fighting EoC as soon as you knock thunderbird out.

To say nothing about the armor's decent defense, innate double jump (also extremely handy for EoC), and the throwing weapons being an efficient replacement for shurikens and throwing knives for quite some time.

I think you just focused too much on the tools. Literally everything else is fantastic.

i did actually use the bow on the queen jellyfish. i did also use the amber-augmented magik staff but that were just for the ichor effect which does do quite a lot in expert. just to prove a point in that the bow is quite op.
(if it did not get de-buffed in an update (i played before the lich were released please say if it were de-buffed since then))

Hey so ive beat The Ragnarok three times and havent gotten any drops. Is this intended?
have you tried staying until the death-explosion-animation stopped. if you did not then there is your problem. if you did then it must be a bug of some sorts. do you have any other mods installed?

have you tried staying until the death-explosion-animation stopped. if you did not then there is your problem. if you did then it must be a bug of some sorts. do you have any other mods installed?
Just Thorium mod installed. Ive waited by the death spot and watch the animation everytime. Im on expert mode if that makes a difference?

Just Thorium mod installed. Ive waited by the death spot and watch the animation everytime. Im on expert mode if that makes a difference?
Out of curiosity did you kill all three first? Or were all three ALIVE then killed on screen?

Hey hey hey.

The summon occasionally goes berserk but mostly spends close to a full minute dancing around with a demon eye. I was mostly commenting on the ore drop, which makes nothing terribly exciting unless I want to farm that boss to actually make the armor instead of just going ahead and killing the eye. But I spent too much time farming materials for this stuff instead of chest hunting. Maybe I'd like the bow better if I hadn't had so much surface platinum on the worlds I've generated. It seems to generate bigger veins higher up, which really skews the usefulness of other gear.

Q: We've waited and waited, and the town NPCs still haven't arrived!
A: That's because you're in multiplayer!

Q: Monsters sometime vanish when I attack them!
A: Like Bosses and Town NPC spawning, modded multiplayer does some weird things with monsters. This too is due to the buggy nature of modded multiplayer and is still being fixed as we speak.

When I played multiplayer, I wonder why none of these things happened. I guess that is a good thing.

You should add more minions. Like a hollowed minion. And maybe a healer minion. That is something terraria will always lack. Minions and throwing weapons.

Not sure if its a tmodloader or a thorium mod problem but mobs arent spawning by surface like they do in vanilla, I cleared an underground cave and tried to spawn mobs changing only surface blocks but they seem to spawn acording to the current biome and pretty much ignore the surface they are spawning on, does anyone else have this problem? Btw im using zoaklen and thorium mod.

Back
Top Bottom