The throwable only playthrough

Yeah, the hood was an add on, but you can get a similar look with any of the hoods available (Nebula probably being the best for this) or an open faced helmet combined with Yoraiz0r's Spell and Scowl.
Any suggestions for the helm type?
[DOUBLEPOST=1437760618,1437760527][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, the hood was an add on, but you can get a similar look with any of the hoods available (Nebula probably being the best for this) or an open faced helmet combined with Yoraiz0r's Spell and Scowl.
Any suggestions if i use an open faced helm?
[DOUBLEPOST=1437760683][/DOUBLEPOST]Woops glitched

Allright, time to get this back up.

Nageru went to Zach, and tells him what she has to do in order to progress.
part 12.0.PNG

Nageru expected that Zach would be schocked, but instead, he nod his head and says that he saw this moment coming.
He gave the voodoo doll back to Nageru, "I find it more important that you have to become strong enough to protect the entire island, let's hope that my sarcifice would bring peace everywhere"
And with that said, He remains at his room, waiting for the moment. While Nageru sheds a tear and goes to the underworld.
part 12.1.PNG

There has a lot of water fallen, pretty much over the entire underworld, well, this saves a lot of time building bridges.

And then, the moment has arrived.
part 12.3.PNG

Farewell...Zach...

The Wall of Flesh has awoken, Nageru had to be careful, as the fossil armor is really fragile, but she had prepared ironskin potions for that.
The fight went well, using the bone knifes at the hungry and throwing the javelins at all three body parts makes its debuff really powerful.

After quite an epic fight, the wall went down
part 12.2.PNG

And directly after that, a new person named Steve visited the islands, Nageru was directly reminded of someone back home. and is going to protect Steve at all costs, as well as all other NPC's
part 12.4.PNG

Warrior emblem, awesome, the only Item she really need! this was really worth the sacrifice!

And now, hardmode, new enemies are waiting, and new techniques needs to be used to defeat those too.

Wow and here iam wondering were i have been missing out on all the fun and also
THREADROMANCY!

One Last thing
*cough* Vampries knives R the best *cough*

Nageru is doing angler quests to get the ingredients for the fish finder. and she finished the fifth quest.
index.php

well, this could be an useful mount...but she threw the carrot away, and a big bunny ate it and goes away....I guess nageru is going mountless.

More quests done, the dye trader gave her some special ones, Nageru don't find them fitting at the moment, but she keeps it anyway for later use.
index.php

And thus, it was time to open all her crates she saved.
index.php

And I forgot to save all the loot she got...doh...
Ah well, what I can remember, she got some ores and bars, but not enough to make a new set, another radar, and this:
index.php
lucky girl

Nageru was also spying some goblin scouts, they were talking about invading her town with their new leader, a master of shadowflames.
She want to challenge that master, and is going to kill the scouts and collect some of their cloths.
index.php

also a pirate map, but it will be smart to only use it when prepared.

Will Nageru be using the Shadowflame Knife? It is throwable, but counts as melee damage... :p
Like the previous playthrough (which had no throwable class at all), I'll use weapons that Nageru counts as a throwable, and doesn't focus on only the class itself, (if it was, the playthrough would be ended when killing the WoF, which happened)
I've made a list of those I allowed by the rules. those include weapons like shadowflame knife, flying knife (more or less). and vampire knifes.

She may still use her old weapons, but no longer during boss fights and invasions, to make the playthrough a little more interesting.

(PS: I allow SotC too, even though the world is crimson)

When Nageru activated the battle standard. the goblin invasion came, and directly after they've arrived. their new leader appeared.

however. Nageru has underestimated the powers of the Goblin summoner. and she got swarmed by their summons.
(now that i think about it...if it's a summoner, why does it drops weapons of every main class except summoners? weird)

Nageru had to dodge a lot, but it was too much, it was like she was stuck in a never ending nightmare.
lots of bone knifes and javelins were used too. but they're simply not effective.
part 13.5.PNG

With much effort, she defeated the nightmare haunting goblin. dropped totally nothing at all....all grinding and effort for nothing.
and during the fight with the summoner, the entire goblin army has been defeated too. Nageru don't want to try the invasion again unless the become more powerful.
Supringly, no NPC had died during the invasion, they said that Steve taught them new techniques to survive longer. that's good news.

After all goblin heads and limbs were removed, Nageru went reading a book again.
This story was about the legendary trinity knifes. A cursed knife of shadows, A holy knife of winds and the golden daggers of balance. Nageru realised that those golden daggers appears to be her own magic dagger all the time. which she lost during the impact. it could be destroyed, but if it isn't, then it might even be on this island, hiding by someone, or something. according to the book, is that the daggers of balance are needed to obtain at least one of the other knifes. and that the special knife needs to be used to obtain their counterpart. since the magic daggers can't work against invasions. Nageru has no choice to use the daggers to obtain the flying knife.

A hard choice, but once all three are obtained, She becomes powerful enough.

Nageru got a present from the Traveling Merchant, he said that a good friend has given it to him, to send it to hers. It was the legendary Scowl of the mighty Yoraiz0r.
Nageru gladly accepted the present and drops the long lasting black blindfold, for good this time. (Once again, Thank you DG-VR)

index.php
index.php

After that, it was time to throw her pwnhammer at some altars, (absolutely no better way to break them :dryadtongue:)
index.php

hm, no mythril this time, meaning no hood...ah well, that means she can enjoy the Scowl longer.

So, While mining for palladium, she found more marble biomes, She killed some Medusa before she killed her. and then.
index.php

"Yes! I've got your flipping stinky annoying bone-breaking ugly :Red:head!" //had to say it, they bring back memories.

Gotta Like the Paladium set, now it's suddenly a twist from fragile bones to armor that makes you want to love fights :p
So yeah, the throwing class ended almost here, but not the playthrough. there's still boomerangs and new throwing knifes that deals 'melee' damage (why couldn't it be throwing though >_>)

She also went doing fishing quests again...this time she found even an awesome weapon that I don't even own yet...dang..
index.php
A flipping Bladetongue

She almost forgot that, despite the rest of the playthrough is melee based, she still needs to be a mage to use the golden daggers in order to get the melee weapons. So she finally freed the wizard, after like 2 hours of ignoring him.
index.php

Last edited:
Nageru was looking what more she can make with the palladium set.
index.php

She sighed, as one of the things she really hoped for was hardmode throwables, like a palladium Javelin.

But the moment of rest soon ended with a blood moon, despite been more dangerous, it's also a small change for the Bananarangs to drop, as she never have never seen them before, let alone using them.
Clowns appears to be pretty rare during a blood moon however, but instead, a whole ICE GOLEM invaded the home.
index.php

However....he was stuck...=w= so it was even easier to defeat than on the plain snow fields.
She got a money through from the blood moon however, not really needed, as her pockets aren't always filled, but still useful sometimes.

The next morning, the Traveling merchant went visiting her town again, this time, as promised, he got the needed materials to make the Cellphone, both of them, nice!

Nageru has also found some mimics in the crimson farmplace, but sadly, those are frozen and thus they doesn't contain the loot she need.
index.php

she was able to kill them with flamerangs and Javelins, which dropped the star cloak.

Current setup, including the items she got already to make the cellphone.
index.php

Is this an Expert Mode world?
I just defeated expert mode with my all around char, which was hard enough for me >_> So far no 'limited items expert mode' planned.

This however has a rule that you may not use weapons used in the previous run against bossess and invasions, So It won't be too similair with the other one.

While mining titanium, Nageru was looking to retrieve her magic dagger again, after a few mimics in the jungle (which seems to be the best place to farm, since the biome mimics) She got her trusted weapon back.
part 16.1.PNG

Been kept in the mimic for so long made it broken however, but She's sure the goblin can fix that.
One of the trinity knives obtained.

Nageru went to the Jungle to find the Magic Dagger, since the stronger biome chests seems to be replacing the original one (to me), and since the jungle has a larger spawnrate anyway.
after a few mimics, she got her mighty dagger back.
index.php
(fitting hearts :p)
The knife was however broken, but after two fix, it's returned to an even better weapon than it formely was...After he broke it again...
index.php

Well then, with the magic Dagger in hands, it's time to collect some souls of light, to summon an own hallowed chest, seems to be much safer as you can show it anywhere you want.
Then....this happens....
index.php
Palladium armor doesn't generate enough hearts to show her love to it. now she can really use smoke bombs to hide away :dryadtongue:

Ah well, after she collected the souls, the fight with the hallowed mimic started....and suprisingly, the very first one dropped the weapon she need. (Now compare that with the ~2 hours I've spend in expert mode to get the stormbow >.> )
index.php

However, the good luck didn't lasted forever, she wants to get her ankh shield back too, and grinding to the items is a real pain now.
Cursed skulls rarely spawns, Goblin scouts seems to be deserted.

And the worst, two blood moons, great arena, AND NO BLINDFOLD!:
index.php
Nageru regrets dropping her black one.....

Anyway, A little good news, She got the fin wings as reward, which means no need to farm souls for now, despite been the weakest wings though, but they still help a lot.
index.php

Time to show her current setup...Ah...great....another blood moon >_> She's still not aiming for bananarangs though, and rather want to get the ankh shield pieces.
index.php

Back
Top Bottom