The throwable only playthrough

The hunt for the Radio still continiues, while Nageru is waiting for the day is passed, she'll look for the jungle again to find some Life Fruit. that little help might be needed.

While looking for the tasty fruit, Nageru's life detector was beeping, A Dr. Bones was nearby:
index.php

Despite he's protected with lots of moss hornets and tortoises, they're no match for Nageru's Toxic Smoke bombs:
index.php

Whew....finally, the first dr. bones since 1.3 >.> I swear that's the hardest banner to get....

Before Nageru left the room where he was housing, she noticed the detector havn't stopped beeping.
index.php

"yeah, I think he's broken, let Yoraiz0r look at it again, there's no way there can be..."
index.php

"....what...I guess that's his Twin brother......"

...yeah, so sometimes you never find him, and sometimes you find two in a minute:
index.php

Too bad not two at the same time, but this one was really rare...a Twin doctor..

Ah well, life's maximum now, time to go back fishing:
index.php

The hunt for the Radio still continiues, while Nageru is waiting for the day is passed, she'll look for the jungle again to find some Life Fruit. that little help might be needed.

While looking for the tasty fruit, Nageru's life detector was beeping, A Dr. Bones was nearby:
index.php

Despite he's protected with lots of moss hornets and tortoises, they're no match for Nageru's Toxic Smoke bombs:
index.php

Whew....finally, the first dr. bones since 1.3 >.> I swear that's the hardest banner to get....

Before Nageru left the room where he was housing, she noticed the detector havn't stopped beeping.
index.php

"yeah, I think he's broken, let Yoraiz0r look at it again, there's no way there can be..."
index.php

"....what...I guess that's his Twin brother......"

...yeah, so sometimes you never find him, and sometimes you find two in a minute:
index.php

Too bad not two at the same time, but this one was really rare...a Twin doctor..

Ah well, life's maximum now, time to go back fishing:
index.php
Yeah i got that achievement before you, because i remade my other character few weeks ago.

Good giong! only found 1 so far, but i don't mind.
Btw, did't know u were also from the Netherlands pPowersteef.

While Nageru was still in the jungle, she decided to make salads by killing Plantera around 3-4 times.
Then, this dropped:
index.php

Leaf: "Yeeeeeey, a leaf fellow! can we keep it?"
Nageru made no fuss about it since she didn't got a pet anyway, for two playthroughs...

After returning to the surface she realised something...She's fully prepared, and all she really needs before making an end about it is the Weather Radio, knowing that it's quite a low chance to get, it can takes weeks, maybe even months before she finally got one...this will take for...
index.php

......or you just get one at the next catch, that's possible too...That's a real coincidence since I just thought about it. Thank goodness that's finally over.

and now once again to realise it for sure: Thank GOODNESS that's over!

index.php
Ninja's are now going Smarthphone teleport
g34FmNu.png

And thus, a final glance at her main base, before killing the Cultists.
index.php

Those Cultists, Zach wanted to stop those people who were trying to keep the Moon Alien invincible.
Despite he passed away, Nageru can still remember him saying to bring peace everywhere. It's now her last task to complete that wish.

...Yeah, I've prepared this headcanon for a long time....
Nageru havn't slept well last night, another nightmare happened, She's still without a clue why those are happening. but she keep her eyes open for the rest of the night.

The morning happens, the day of leaving:
After saying Goodbye to her base, Nageru went to the dungeon, She saw the cultists standing there. "just a few rapid streaks and we're done".
At least, that was what she thought:
index.php

A fifth cultist appeared, Incredible shocked.
C: "Unfortunate, what have you done!"
N: "I stopped the people who tried to keep that so called 'Moon Lord' invincible"

The cultist didn't hestitate and holds his hands against the emblem:
index.php

C: "Do you even realise what you've done?"
N: "no."
C: "That Emblem is the Seal where we imprison the Moon Lord's Soul!
and we are here to keep him prisoned in the seal in order to prevent the doom of the crescent island!"
"Without anyone protecting it, the Moon Lord will be able to escape the Seal during the day of a full moon"
N: "But...I don't get it...did Zach lied to us? have he sacrificed his own life to destroy this island?"

Before the cultist could answer that question, spirits were released from the emblem, possessing the cultist:
index.php

The Seal broke, it was too late...
Nageru now have to defeat the Cultist while under possession of the Moon Lord

The fight itself was quite intense, the cultist was even able to summon a dragon and a wyvern at once, twice!
index.php

Nageru tried her best to keep her weapons at only Shadowflame knives and the Toxic flask. but the fight started to become bad.
She had no choice to use the vampire knives to survive the fight, after starting to use those, it went well.
The battle took long, but at the end, it was the cultist who gave up...

He fell on the ground, dying.
Nageru runs towards him, he seem to have control over himself again, so she listened:
C: "You....you shouldn't have defeated me"
N: "one of us had to do die, I had no choice..."
C: "You seem to be powerful enough to be trusted with, take this"
index.php

N: "What's that?"
C: "It's an ancient manipulator, with this, you'll be able to create your ultimate weapon against...him..."
N: "Are you sure that's possible? killing him?"
C: "long ago, in ancient times, I was one of the heroes able to defeat the moon lord too, we destroyed his entire legs and sealed his soul, his body is now mindless floating around the moon. with this item, you'll be able to create one of our weapons used during that ancient time".
"Hurry up, there's not much time left, when I take my final breath, his soul will be released, and the island will be doomed, you....are....our...on..ly....hope..."

With his last words said, the Moon Lord escaped his body, looking for his own one at the moon.
Nageru looked up in the sky, and she also noticed four pillars floating down to the island.

Leaf: "Well, I guess I've to stay here a bit longer then...C'mon, we can do this!"

The Crescent Island is about to be destructed, four pillars have dropped down from the sky, send by the Moon Lord to give him time. and aliens are appearing all over the place.
If Nageru want to keep some memories of the islands, she have to fight for it.
According to the Cultist, he said a legendary throwing weapon can be crafted, so Nageru is heading to the solar pillar first:
index.php
....tonight, she don't want to hurt more innocent people. (darn floating islands)
index.php

The battle was fierce, enemies infused with solar might everywhere, even while she's using vampire knives the whole time, it's hard to survive.
Then Nageru saw the Crawltipede, and catches his attention.
After a quick dodge and throws the knives at it's tail. and her health restored greatly because of it's weak spot, she could fight again.
Finally, the first shield broke, and shortly after the whole pillar too
index.php

Nageru got a painful headache after beating the first pillar. Leaf asked if she's allright, Nageru didn't feeled well, but had to continue anyways.
She made a room for the manipulator, and used the fragments to create her ultimate weapon:
nageru_hito_and_the_daybreak_by_ppowersteef-d9e87of.png

Yoake, the Solar Spear.
With this beauty, it went much easier to take out two more pillars. though her headache became more painful and weird voices have heard too.

Nageru was about to go to the final Vortex Pillar, but then realised it went even worse, There's even a Moon Eclipse.

It needs to end, we need to end this terrible night, We're ready for this!
index.php

Last edited:
Awesome Stuff!!! I actually just beat the Moonlord myself in my own Thrower playthrough, but i'm still not quite done. I've set myself the goal of getting to Wave 15 of the 2 Moon events, but just couldn't do it with the gear i had (Full beetle Shell, all Menacing Accessories) Hoping that with Solar Armor and Daybreak i might be able to do it!

Also a question: would you consider the North Pole a throwing weapon?

Congratulations! I've tried Daybreak on my first ever try with the Moon Lord (but failed, lol). It's nice to see that thrower items can go well into endgame.

I made a backstory of Nageru.
Since it's about the main character of this playthrough, I've decided to post it here:
1.png

Steef, I want to tell you why I've become a thrower. and how my past was like.
2.png

When I was little, I used to live in a small city.
Already from our 9th age, they were teaching us to fight in combat.
So we could survive against upcoming dangers.

index.php

I would like to try it sometime too. But…
index.php
index.php

I couldn’t keep any weapon for a long period. and I've always the urge to throw it away when holding it for too long.

According to my parents, It’s a handicap that I’ve inherited from my grandma.
They said that my Grandma was a great rogue, known of her great weapon throwing skills.
However, she was perished a few years after my birth because she used her weapons too aggressive.

My dad was terrified that this could happen to me.
So he stated that throwing weapons should be banned.

index.php

Instead, they wanted to teach me for only defensive combat.
however, nobody could find a fitting weapon for me, no matter how much they have tried.

index.php

----------

2 years later, I walked to my grandma's forbidden room, out of curiousity, and managed to open it.

index.php

It was full of throwing gear. And books about how to use them. There were also books about how to use them safely, they looked dusty and unused.
index.php

Despite the weapons were forbidden, it seems like I’m associated with them. So I went reading all the books and practiced throwing them at midnight, when everyone else was asleep.
during the day, I’ve was set to only one combat training a week. Those tutors keep trying to let me use other weapons, but that has never worked out for me. they gave up after a year, but I didn't, I keep continuing reading through all the books throughout the years.

In the pastime. I’ve become quite experienced with making clothes, I’ve made my own set from a light, thin and fast fabric. Allowing me to move easily and fast without air resistance.

index.php

------------
index.php

A few years later, I became 16, the age where we have to join the legion for combat.
I’ve been studying and training throwing weapons a lot and I was excited to use them in combat.

index.php

However, I’ve heard the leaders talking to my parents and sensei. He said that I’m not up to join the legion, that I don’t have the combat experience and that it’s too dangerous for me.
index.php
index.php

I felt a lot of emotions coming, it was my dream to prove that I’m worthy to fight despite the “handicap”.
So…I’ve grabbed my stuff and decided to leave behind my home and region.
index.php

I’ve travelled for a long time, I cannot remember anymore where I was. I felt like I was completely alone on the world,
but I didn’t mind too much, after what I’ve seen and heard, I didn’t want to return.
I’ve set up an alias as Nageru Hito, it’s been like that for so long, it have become my new name.
index.php

So yeah, you know what has happened after, it’s been a year since I left home now, I do miss it, but I’m too afraid to return and tell the truth.
But, I'm happy with what I've reached, I've shown what thrown weapons can do, I was able to beat two different worlds with two different sets of thrown weapons.
Now all I hope is to return one day and tell my parents what I've become, a rogue, a warrior,
But mostly, a thrower.

nageru_by_ppowersteef-d9wy11q.png

Last edited:
It has been a secret for long enough,
But now it's time to reveal her origin, how I came up with the idea to create her:
It started with this Ipod game called Legendary Wars, an indie strategy game with a great gameplay, story and characters. It has been my favorite game I can remember on the Ipod.

By the time I was about to create a character for my throwable only playthrough (which is this thread), I was thinking about doing a female character, mainly because my OCs only has been males back then. I also wanted to gave her a japanese origin, because she's a ninja after all.
When I was thinking about her appearance, I thought about said strategy game. And I found it a great source for inspiration.

The units that inspired me most were the Rogue unit and the archer unit (Tier 4):
Rogue2Portrait.png Elfy4Portrait.png
The Rogue attacks with her twin daggers throwing at the enemy.
The archer uses his bow, but he had an ability with where he shadow strike a line of enemies with his dual golden swords. (it's quite similair to the solar shields ability)
Both have an appearance I really enjoyed looking at.
Therefore I was already interested in girls with blond hair and green clothes for as long as I can remember, they usually appear as sidekicks in most cliché medieval styled games. And I found that my ninja character should share the same trait as well.

So I combined the Rogue and the Archer's appearance along with some stuff to my likings. and thus I ended up with this drawing:
It looked simple to me, but I found it a good start, after all, like I did with steef, I decided to upgrade her appearance during the playthough itself.
Then DG-VR came with Nageru's first fanart, which came with several additions that I really loved. which were the knee pocket and the grenade belt.

When Nageru found the Magic Dagger, I really grew attached to the weapon. It felt statisfying to rapid clicked the magic dagger by every throw, and it really make it worth saying that effort equals to it's power, just like the phoenix blaster and Terra Blade ( before 1.2.4). So I decided to use the Magic Dagger as Nageru's primary weapon. since It's a good weapon in overall needs, and it fitted well with the Mythril hood. (It's also funny how it also fits with the Archer's golden swords)

The final tier of all units has also has something similair, most of their clothes became white, gold and light blue, and their eyes are glowing Cyan.
It's said in-game to be called the armor of Skyhaven:
Rogue5Portrait.png Elfy5Portrait-hd.png
Nageru's Spectre Kimono shares the same trait, it becomes white with gold trims and her eyes are glowing cyan as well, revealing her final tier:
Endgame Nageru.png

Nageru was shown in fierce deity armor at the end of book 1. But that's unrelevant to this one, As Nageru likes to cosplay sometimes when her quest is over.

Finally, Nageru Hito's name is a Japanese translation to "Thrower" or "Throwing Person", I found it sounding like a fitting name for her, and I couldn't wish for a better one.

And that's it so far, I really do miss this playthrough a lot, as it's one of my favorite things ever done, and I'm also thinking about a comeback someday. It's only too bad that I don't know about Otherworld's situation and progress, else she would have be returned into spotlights in no-time.

But who knows, depending on how long Otherworld will last, maybe she'll try to do another playthrough before.
Nageru Hito.png

Thank you all for reading and having interests in Nageru Hito as well.
I've never though she'll became so well known and loved when I started the run. :happy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom