The Timeless Traveler's set tweak by the concept's author

DisRicardo

Retinazer
DISCLAIMER: This texture pack is now redundant as of release of the 1.4.1.2 on November 11, 2020

The ingame texture was tweaked very close to this texture pack
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Re-Logic!!!! You are cool dudes! :) <3 :bluslime:

I'm not deleting this post for archiving purposes
If you're going to still try this texture pack on, be warned that it doesn't function properly any more
in versions newer than 1.4.1.2 as Re-Logis has moved the glow mask of the eye one pixel lower

The original post:

I'm the author or the concept for the Timeless Traveller's set.

Please, keep in mind that I'm IMMENSLY grateful to Re-Logic and the Community for adding my design into the game!!

Texture pack title.png

But I'm obsessed with little details and I've made this little texture tweak for you to judge or enjoy!

Hopefully, if enough people like it we can ask Re-Logic to patch this texture into vanilla game!

In case you've never used a texture pack before:

1. Download the ZIP file of the texture pack from the attachment to this post
2. Unzip it (on Windows 10 done by right clicking the ZIP file and choosing "extract")
3. You'll get a folder "Genuine Timeless Traveler". You need to put it in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Resource Packs
3. Open the game and in the main menu choose "texture packs" and enable this texture pack

That's it! The texture should be applied to your game now until you switch the pack off in the main menu.

Please give me your thoughts about this texture tweak and if you think it should be added to vanilla!

DOWNLOAD:

Attachments

• Tweaked Timeless Traveler.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Great job again, I'd definitely check to see if Re-Logic can implement this little tweak
again, really great job, one of my favorite vanities in Terraria

Great job again, I'd definitely check to see if Re-Logic can implement this little tweak
again, really great job, one of my favorite vanities in Terraria
Thank you so much! Hearing things like this brightens my day! I hope you have a nice day too ;)

I saw your post on Reddit, and I can see you remastered it by adjusting the lighting without a complete revamp. This is amazing, please provide more for the community (we enjoy it)!

I saw your post on Reddit, and I can see you remastered it by adjusting the lighting without a complete revamp. This is amazing, please provide more for the community (we enjoy it)!
Thank you! <3 It's very heartwarming to hear! I'm a builder and I post my Terraria builds on Reddit when I have something polished enough. Currently working on a big Dark Tower build. Stay tuned ;)

is it possible for the concept art version to be made as a texture pack or mod? Currently I feel the sprite has too much shading, and the contrast of darkness is not enough. The thickness of the horns and the lack of "void" eyes in the robe when idling does not strike me the same as the concept art. The original has a more wispy feel to it

is it possible for the concept art version to be made as a texture pack or mod? Currently I feel the sprite has too much shading, and the contrast of darkness is not enough. The thickness of the horns and the lack of "void" eyes in the robe when idling does not strike me the same as the concept art. The original has a more wispy feel to it
Yeah, I totally get that. The idling animation couldn't be added to the game for a technical reason, and the eyes turned out to be a too small of a detail to be properly "readable". That's a shame, but honestly I'm in love with the resulting ingame sprite, except for the shape of the hood
If anyone wants to try and make my original concept animation into a texture pack, I'll happily share my assets. But I'll probably won't ever do that texture pack myself (maybe if only for fun). The original concept was just that, a concept. It wasn't suited to be added as is. Now, I don't say it looked bad, it would probably fit amazingly, but into it's own game with a simmilar style, not into Terraria

Considering it is your design, I think it would be fine to PM Re-Logic about adding your changes to your sprite.

If I understand correctly, Re-Logic wants the winners to be satisfied with how the sprite looks in-game. So I think you have already the right to ask for a change if you wanted to. (Although it's better to have asked it while it was in production ;) )

from my thing.......i got a feeling there is a slight chance for relogic to fix it by 1.4.1.2.......

really makes my (CURRENT as of posting this) character's design look better (timeless traveler with teal dye and worm scarf with blue dye)

Considering it is your design, I think it would be fine to PM Re-Logic about adding your changes to your sprite.

If I understand correctly, Re-Logic wants the winners to be satisfied with how the sprite looks in-game. So I think you have already the right to ask for a change if you wanted to. (Although it's better to have asked it while it was in production ;) )
Oh, believe me, I used the same logic as you do! Unfortunately I'm not sure the NDA I've signed and also my morals allow me to speak publicly about what my communication with Re-Logic looks like

Back
Top Bottom