PC The Transition from Modded to Vanilla

StevieTheEevee

Terrarian
I've watched multiple videos about tModloader and switching from Vanilla and Modded, but the one thing i came across was to uninstall Terraria. I did that, and the videos said that when I re-installed it, vanilla would be back with my worlds and players. Oh vanilla was back, but not any of the worlds or players. I've been at this for a month and I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any advice or ideas or have the same issue or know how to help? Thanks in advance!

Ive never tried this but for swapping between modded and vanilla you could try this:

If you still have the vanilla Terraria.exe file you can try opening it from there. If you deleted it and replaced it with the modded one, just rename your modded one, for example (TerrariaModded.exe) then go to steam and verify integrity of game files. It should appear back in your Terraria folder.

As for getting back your players and worlds, navigate to: documents/my games/Terraria and see if there are folders "Players" and "Worlds" (Not in ModLoader folder). This should be where your vanilla players and worlds are. If they aren't there then you may not be able to recover them. If they are still there then they should appear in vanilla Terraria.

Which Vanilla launcher should I rename?

I have one named "Terraria"

and one named "Terraria_v1.3.5.3"

I also went to the document/mygames/terraria
I had 2 folders, one named Players and ModLoader
and 2 other files, one named config.json and inputfiles.json

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom