NPCs & Enemies The Traveling Merchant Improvements

Would this be an awesome idea?

• Yes.

• No.

• Eh.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Iamdarkbowser

Terrarian
I was thinking, in the old days, when traders come into town, their inventory is random, yes, but the last time they came by, you can ask them to try to find something. So, what I propose is that you can ask the traveling merchant for one specific item that there is a possibility of him selling at the time, and there would be a 50% chance of him selling the item you asked for the next time he comes around. He should also say something along the lines of, "Sorry, I could not find "name of item you asked for". No one was selling that in my travels." the first time you talk to him if he does not have the item in question.

Hopefully this would fix my horrible luck of getting dynasty wood, food and near-useless accessories from the Traveling Merchant and never the good things...

Support!

I think of Dwarf Fortress when reading this. In there, you can indicate your demand for any number of goods. This makes the trade wagon much more likely to bring them next year. However, they will be sold at a marked-up price.

I'm thinking the same can apply here as well: You pay more for a good that you've raised the chances for appearing. Sounds fair, I think?

Back
Top Bottom