• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Sprites The Tropics (Alternate Jungle)

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist

an alternate jungle

Introduction
"Long ago, the entire world was home to beasts and creatures of blood lust and savagery. Here, time hasn't changed the prehistoric landscape -- it's only made the land and it's denizens better hunters. To compound your fears, something stalks you from the peripheral -- more advanced and cunning than things in this land ought to be."
WARNING: This suggestion is MASSIVE. It spans multiple posts and includes 3 alternate biomes.

It's finally here! The Tropics! Finally the alternate Jungle has come to fruition. But there's MORE. The Tropics also comes with an alternate Beehive and alternate Temple. That's right. The entirety of the Jungle has been alternated within The Tropics! Because of this, The Tropics as a thread has been split into multiple sections to cover everything. There will be some redundancies across the thread; just be sure to use the navigation menu located at each major category to quickly jump around the thread as necessary. There may be a few overlooked sprites; I did my best to "alt" everything, but due to the size of the suggestion -- I'm bound to have missed a few things. If you spot something missing, just let me know and I'll be sure to add it's alt to the suggestion. Likewise, if you find a mistake, just let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

I know a lot of my supporters have a fondness for The River. And until now, I have favored The Infestation. But I think, after all the work and the end result, I can safely say that the Tropics may now be my favorite alt biome and I hope it will be yours too. I pulled out all the stops -- making as many unique sprites as I could, dynamically shifting class perceptions, and even animating some stuff.

The Tropics draws influence from a myriad of things. Everything from prehistoric times to Central American myths and legends has been condensed into the Tropics. And to top it off -- I made sure there are PLENTY of pop-culture references and previews to future alt biomes loaded into this suggestion. Some will be easy to spot. Some may elude you. There are so many, I honestly didn't bother to count them out this time. If you think you've spotted something, feel free to share!

That might be the wordiest intro yet. Without further ado, The Tropics awaits!

October 26th, 2016
- Reduced text size in all tables

Disclaimer

***** Please Read Before Posting *****
This is a suggestion. And as such does not assume anything definitively. This means...

Balance is a non-issue; the numbers are provided to elicit an idea of what values an object could have. If the not-set-in-stone-imaginary numbers upset you, you're welcome to suggest other numbers, but they have no bearing on the suggestion changed or not.

Sprites are a non-issue; sprites have been provided, like balance, to help imagine the suggestion as a concept. In no way are any of the sprites final. Just like the numbers, they too are not-set-in-stone-imaginary things. This means that recolored, spliced, and unique sprites have no ultimate bearing on the suggestion. If any particular sprite upsets you, you are welcome to provide one of your own to remedy the not-actually-an-issue so that I may reject it.

This is an alternate. This means that The Tropics, and associated sub-biomes, can spawn in a world instead of The Jungle and it's associated sub-biomes. It does not replace The Jungle. As an alternate, The Tropics additionally does not mirror the values or gameplay of The Jungle in a 1:1 ratio. It is it's own biome, not a recolor or reskin. The Tropics is also NOT an expansion. There is no additional content. Content included in The Tropics is a counterpart or replacement of existing content given to The Jungle and it's associated sub-biomes.

Lastly; as an alternate (and not an expansion or replacement), The Tropics does not assume to redefine class balance. I'm sorry if your favorite class isn't represented well in the suggestion. If The Jungle represented all classes equally, so too would The Tropics.

Addendum:
1. I am currently not interested in converting my suggestions into mods. Thank you for the consideration, but I'll have to pass.
2. If you wish to use my unique sprites, you MUST ask for permission first.

Blocks & Ore

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Dimensions
| Kapok | Rich Mahogany | Crafting Material | 999 |
| | | 1x1
| Kapok Wall | Rich Mahogany Wall | Wall | 999 |
|
x1 |
| 1x1
| Living Kapok | Living Rich Mahogany | Block | | | | | 1x1
| Kapok Leaf Block | Mahogany Leaf Block | Block | | | | | 1x1
| Tropical Wall | Jungle Wall | Wall | 999 |
| | | 1x1
| Solarite Ore | Chlorophyte Ore | Crafting Material | 999 |
| | | 1x1
| Solarite Bar | Chlorophyte Bar | Crafting Material | 99 |
|
x6 |
/
| 1x1
| Solarite Brick | Chlorophyte Brick | Crafting Material | 999 |
|
x2,
x1 |
| 1x1
| Solarite Brick Wall | Chlorophyte Brick Wall | Wall | 999 |
|
x1 |
| 1x1
| Jadeite | Shroomite | Crafting Material | 99 |
|
x15,
x1 |
| 1x1
| Jadeite Brick | Shroomite Plating | Crafting Material | 999 |
|
x15,
x1 |
| 1x1
| Jadeite Brick Wall | Shroomite Plating Wall | Wall | 999 |
|
x1 |
| 1x1
| Blue Stucco | Green Stucco | Crafting Material | 999 |
|
x10,
x1,
x1 |
| 1x1
| Blue Stucco Wall | Green Stucco Wall | Wall | 999 |
|
x1 |
| 1x1

Tropical Walls can be purchased from the Dryad for
10 each during Hardmode.

Environment

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Dimensions
| Tropical Grass Seeds | Jungle Grass Seeds | Crafting Material | 99 |
|
| Twilight Plume Seeds | Moonglow Seeds | Seeds | 99 |
|
| Twilight Plume | Moonglow | Crafting Material | 99 |
|
| Violet | Sky Blue Flower | Crafting Material | 99 |
| 1x2
| Blood Orchid | Nature's Gift | Crafting Material | 1 |
|
| Tropical Bloom | Jungle Rose | Vanity | 1 |
|
| Rafflesia | Beehive | Background Object | | | 2x2
| Bleeding Heart | Life Fruit | Potion | 99 |
|
| Bone Shards | Jungle Spores | Crafting Material | 99 |
|
| Wind Shrine | Plantera's Bulb | Background Object | | | 2x2
| Ancient Chest | Ivy Chest | Furniture | 99 |
| 2x2
| Tropical Chest | Jungle Chest | Furniture | 99 |
| 2x2

There is more water present in the Tropics than the Jungle, along with more naturally generated waterfalls.

Twilight Plumes only bloom at night and emit a faint yellow glow. They replace Moonglows in recipes.

Tropical Bloom has a 1% chance to be harvested from the floor of the Tropics.

The Rafflesia is a trap similar to the Beehive, only it grows on the ground instead of from the ceiling. When stepped on or broken, the Rafflesia releases 1-3 (3-5 in Expert Mode) Skeeters or a Mosquito that will attack the player.

Bleeding Hearts do not begin to spawn until a Mechanical Boss has been defeated.

Bone Shards emit a faint, pulsing amber glow.

Wind Shrines emit a yellow-green glow. Once the mechanical bosses have been defeated, a message will read "An ominous wind sweeps through the Tropics" and Wind Shrines will begin to spawn in the Tropics. If destroyed, the boss, Quetzalcoatl, will be summoned to attack the player with a message reading "The fury of the Wind seeks you".

Items

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
| Blue Thread | Green Thread | Crafting Material | 99 |
|
x3 | https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/terraria.gamepedia.com/9/9d/Loom_%28placed%29.png?version=e3eeda0b68d524f3175f79ba1840e110
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qaUkRH8.png | Twilight Plume Planter Box | Moonglow Planter Box | Furniture | 999 |
| |
| Violet Petal | Sky Blue Flower | Crafting Material | 99 |
| |
| Bone Shards | Jungle Spores | Crafting Material | 99 |
| |
| Bleeding Heart | Life Fruit | Potion | 99 |
| |
| Salamander Cage | Buggy Cage | Furniture | 99 |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Snake Cage | Grubby Cage | Furniture | 99 |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Tropical Frog Cage | Sluggy Cage | Furniture | 99 |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Chameleon Cage | Frog Cage | Furniture | 99 |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Gold Chameleon Cage | Gold Frog Cage | Furniture | 99 |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Gumbo | Grub Soup | Potion | 30 |
|
x1,
x1,
x1 |
| Hunting Grounds | Do Not Step on the Grass | Furniture | 99 |
| |
| Elemental Shrine | Tiki Totem | Pet Summon | 1 |
| |
| Tropical Water Fountain | Jungle Water Fountain | Furniture | 999 |
| |

Twilight Plume Planter Boxes can be purchased from the Dryad for
1 each after The Roc has been defeated.

Violet Petals are used to make Violet Dye at the Dye Vat.

Salamanders, Snakes, and Tropical Frogs can not be used as bait.

Grants the Well Fed buff for 30 minutes when consumed.

Hunting Grounds can be purchased from the Painter for
20 while in a Tropical biome.

The Elemental Shrine can be purchased from the Witch Doctor for
2 during Hardmode while in a Tropical biome.

The Tropical Water Fountain can be purchased from the Witch Doctor for
4 after Quetzalcoatl has been defeated.

Monster Drops

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Drops From
| Sky Blue Shell | Violet Husk | Crafting Material | 99 |
| Tropical Tortoise
| Toxic Barb | Stinger | Crafting Material | 99 |
| Spine Plume, Poison Dart Frog, Pod Biter, Spine Pod
| Pelt | Vine | Crafting Material | 99 |
| Saber Tooth, Spine Pod
| Torn Mosquito Wing | Tattered Bee Wing | Crafting Material | 99 |
| Mosquito
| Wing Membrane | Butterfly Dust | Crafting Material | 99 |
| Pterosaur
| Anklyodon Plate | Turtle Shell | Crafting Material | 99 |
| Anklyodon
| Tropical Key | Jungle Key | Key | 99 |
| Any

Sky Blue Shells are used to make Sky Blue Dye at the Dye Vat

Torn Mosquito Wings will not drop until Hardmode.

As with all biome keys, the Tropical Key has a 1/2500 chance (0.04%) to drop from any coin-dropping enemy within a Tropics biome after Quetzalcoatl has been defeated.

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Obtained From | Buff | Item Sprite | Item Name | Bonus
| Mermaid | Turtle | Pet | Ancient Chest |
|
| Kelp | Slightly reduces the loss of air while underwater
| Rainbow Serpent | Tiki Spirit | Pet | Witch Doctor |
|
| Elemental Shrine | Slightly increases health regen while out of combat
| Monkey | Seedling | Pet | Quetzalcoatl |
|
| Silver Monkey Shrine | Slightly increases pick up range
| Triceratops | Bee Mount | Mount | Quetzalcoatl |
|
| Earth Standard | Negates fall damage, reduces damage, and has charge attack

The Rainbow Serpent always remains above the player's head. It emits a faint light that cycles between all colors.

The Triceratops mount negates fall damage. Double tapping left or right will make the Triceratops charge in that direction -- knocking enemies back significantly while causing damage. The Triceratops is a slow mount that gets a small move speed bonus when the player takes damage. Damage dealt to the player while riding the Triceratops is reduced by 5%.

Though it is an alternate to the Bee Mount, the Earth Standard that summons the Triceratops has been moved to the Quetzalcoatl (Plantera equivalent) drop pool.

Last edited:

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist

• DMG = damage
  • HP = health
  • DEF = defense
  • KBR = knock back resistance
  • Spawns during the day
  • Spawns during the night
  • Spawns during full moon
  • Spawns during blood moon
  • Spawns on surface
  • Spawns underground
  • Spawns in water

Standard Enemies

Sprite | Name | Drop 1 | Drop 2 | DMG | HP | DEF | KBR | Inflicts | AI | Spawn |
Banner​
| Salamander | | | 0 | 5 | 0 | 0% | | Critter |
|
| Snake | | | 0 | 5 | 0 | 0% | | Critter |
|
| Tropical Frog | | | 0 | 5 | 0 | 0% | | Critter |
|
| Chameleon | | | 0 | 5 | 0 | 0% | | Critter |
|
| Gold Chameleon | | | 0 | 5 | 0 | 0% | | Critter |
|
| Skeeter | | | 15 | 10 | 2 | 50% |
| Flying |
|
| Leech |
3% | | 22 | 25 | 2 | 0% |
| Swimming |
|
| Albino Bat |
1% | | 25 | 35 | 4 | 25% | | Flying |
|
| Tropical Tortoise |
100% | | 10 | 60 | 15 | 20% | | Fighter |
|
| Tropical Slime |
100% |
0.01% | 20 | 50 | 6 | 0% |
| Slime |
|
| Poison Dart Frog |
33% |
1%| 30 | 70 | 7 | 10% |
| Slime |
|
| Spine Plume |
50% | | 35 | 60 | 8 | 100% |
| Antlion |
|
| Mosquito |
0.67% | | 23 | 75 | 10 | 50% |
| Flying |
|
| Anaconda |
1% | | 30 | 80 | 12 | 60% |
| Fighter |
|
| Saber Tooth |
55% | | 33 | 85 | 13 | 70% |
| Fighter |
|
| Hunter Pelt |
100% | | 45 | 50 | 8 | 60% | | Fighter |
|
| Headhunter Skink | | | 40 | 70 | 8 | 65% |
| Fighter |
|

Hardmode Enemies

Sprite | Name | Drop 1 | Drop 2 | DMG | HP | DEF | KBR | Inflicts | AI | Spawn |
Banner​
| Electric Eel |
0.4% | | 50 | 180 | 28 | 10% |
| Swimming |
|
| Pod Biter |
50% | | 95 | 320 | 25 | 70% |
| Plant |
|
| Spine Pod |
33% |
33% | 100 | 400 | 30 | 100% |
| Antlion |
|
| Pterosaur |
50% | | 70 | 1000 | 28 | 70% | | Flying |
|
| Water Guardian |
1% | | 85 | 900 | 25 | 90% | | Hovering |
|
| Warrior Skink | | | 75 | 700 | 30 | 65% |
| Fighter |
|
| Anklyodon |
5% | | 90 | 1200 | 35 | 80% |
| Fighter |
|
| Raptor | | | 95 | 1000 | 30 | 70% |
| Unicorn |
|

They say if the beasts don't kill you in the Tropics, the skeeters will. They like to make nests in putrid flowers and swarm their victims to consume as much blood as possible.

Skeeters replace bees and spawn from Rafflesia. They can cause bleeding with their attacks.

One of the more horrifying aspects of the Tropics is that it's waters are filled with carnivorous, blood-thirsty leeches. Unprepared adventurers have been seen consumed alive -- disappearing beneath the waters in a red murk.

Leeches can inflict Bleeding with their attacks. They are much faster than piranhas, swimming almost instantly to a player if they enter the water.

So long have Albino Bats gone without any sort of light, that their bodies have abandoned all of their pigmentation. Locally, they are known as harbingers of Death and are thought to be terrible omens.

Albino Bats are faster than other bats. They cause Feral Bite in Expert Mode with their attacks.

The Tropical Tortoise was once thought to be extinct. They were often hunted because their shells could be used for dye materials.

Tropical Tortoises move slowly and stick to one surface, unable to jump or "drop" down.

Slimes used to consume and endanger the flora of the Tropics. But the toxins of the Tropics changed the slimes to form a symbiotic relationship. Tropical Slimes now act as a digestive initiative to liquidate animals and adventurers so that the Tropics may consume the remains.

Tropical Slimes are slower than traditional slimes. They can inflict Poisoned with their attacks.

The Poison Dart Frog is mostly left alone by other animals, but they are highly sought after by adventurers to make use of their toxic barbs. However, the frogs are left alone for a reason, and some adventurers never survive their encounter with them.

Poison Dart Frogs behave like Spiked Slimes, but the make smaller "hops". The projectiles they fire are less affected by gravity and travel faster. They occasionally pulse with a faint pink light and cause Poisoned with their attacks.

If the animals of the Tropics weren't enough to worry about, the very Tropics themselves may be an adventurer's end. Spine Plumes are deadly flowers that fire toxic barbs at unsuspecting intruders, letting the grass and plants of the Tropics to claim the body for it's roots after the poison has done it's grim work.

Spine Plumes behave like Antlions, remaining stationary and firing at nearby players. They fire a quick series of 3 toxic spines every few seconds which can additionally inflict Poisoned. The spines travel in much the same way as the projectiles of the Poison Dart Frog.

When Skeeters have consumed enough blood, they eventually grow into the deadly Mosquito. While harmless to some of the larger denizens of the Tropics, they are fatal to adventurers.

Mosquitoes are slightly faster than Hornets and can cause Bleeding with their attacks. They have no ranged attack.

The Anaconda is one of the more feared creatures of the topics. After crushing the life out of it's prey, the Anaconda proceeds to slowly devouring it whole.

The Anaconda is fast and it causes Suffocation so long as the player is next to it or being attacked by it.

The Saber Tooth stalks it's prey deep in the heart of the Tropics. It utilizes darkness to strike -- and it does not relent it's attack until it or it's prey is dead.

The Saber Tooth can cause bleeding with it's attacks and can jump far horizontally.

Hunter Pelt is a man gone mad. Long ago he ventured into the Tropics seeking ever more dangerous game. Unfortunately, it seems that what he considers to be the ultimate hunt -- are now adventurers.

Hunter Pelt is a rare enemy. He attacks very slowly using a rifle that inflicts high damage.

Evolution took a twist within the Tropics, producing the Skinks. The Skinks worship great hunters from the heavens, and their society revolves around hunting and combat. The Headhunter Skinks are a particularly savage sect, utilizing a variety of poisons to weaken their prey.

Headhunter Skinks behave like Hoplites and throw spears. The spears have a chance to inflict Poisoned.

Leeches are a convenience when faced with the unfortunate luck of having to stumble upon an Electric Eel. The eels can deliver a shock so strong it's been known to damage even the strongest of armors.

Electric Eels swim very quickly, but not as quickly as Leeches. Occasionally they will shock the player, causing Electrified.

Sometimes the Tropics takes the initiative in consuming a food source. Pod Biters will spring from the vegetation in an attempt to consume prey. Those lucky enough to escape the initial attack may still be unfortunate enough to succumb to the toxins in the pod's "teeth".

Pod Biters behave just like Angry Trappers but can cause Venom with their attacks.

Spine Pods are the ultimate avatar of the Tropics. They are filled with various poisons and can command the plants around them to help ensnare unsuspecting prey.

Spine Pods behave just like Spine Plumes, but can additionally cause Venom with their attacks. Spine Pods can also spawn up to 3 Pod Biters from it's base, 1 every 10 seconds.

Pterosaurs rule the skies in the Tropics, ambushing prey from high above. It is rumored that the Skinks use Pterosaurs as scouts to help them locate new game.

Pterosaurs behave like any other flying enemy.

Though the animals, Skinks, and flora are established threats within the Tropics; the raw undying magics in the land make the Tropics well suited to beings of elemental affinity. The Water Guardian is a product of this phenomenon, viciously and efficiently dispatching intruders who would taint the waters with their presence.

Water Guardians fire a single, thin, continuous beam of water at the player that sweeps in a 15 degree arch (you can think of it as a really small, thin Moon Lord laser). If not attacking the player, the Water Guardian can heal nearby enemies.

Unlike regular beings, when a Skink gets older they become stronger, more cunning, and more savage. The oldest among the Skinks are the Warrior Skinks. The Warriors adorn themselves in the bones of their greatest hunts and are always looking for a new adversary.

Warrior Skinks behave just like Headhunter Skinks, but can additionally cause Venom with their attacks. Warrior Skinks also have a melee spear attack if the player gets too close.

Anklyodons are dangerous giants. The plating that makes up the Anklyodon's shell has been known to withstand blasts with dynamite while the clubs on their tails have been seen to outright crush adventurers.

Anklyodons are slow and cannot jump high, but have a charge attack that ends in a horizontal spin to hit the player with the club of the tail. Being hit by the Anklyodon causes Broken Armor.

Raptors are so adept at hunting that even the Skinks are weary of coming face to face with them if it can be avoided. They chase down their victims with tremendous speed and will pursue their prey as far as necessary.

Raptors are faster than Unicorns and can jump tremendously high and far.

Last edited:

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist

Kapok Weapons & Tools

Sprite | Name | DMG | Power | Velocity | Mana | KB | Use Time | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
| Kapok Sword | 7 | | | | 5 | 22 (Fast) |
|
x7 |
| Kapok Hammer | 5 | 35% | | | 5 | 32 (Slow) |
|
x8 |
| Kapok Bow | 7 | | 7 | | 0 | 28 (Average) |
|
x10 |
Kapok Armor

Sprite | Name | DEF | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Bonus
| Kapok Helmet | 1 |
|
x20 |
|
| Kapok Breastplate | 2 |
|
x35 |
|
| Kapok Greaves | 1 |
|
x25 |
|
| Kapok Armor | 5 |
|
x80 |
| Set: +1 Defense

Boneshard Weapons & Tools

Sprite | Name | DMG | Power | Velocity | Mana | KB | Use Time | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
| Barbed Whip | | | 13 | | | |
|
x12,
x6 |
/
| Slasher | 22 | | 11 | | 6 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x4,
x4,
x1,
x4 |
/
| Toxic Fang | 20 | | 14 | | 4 | 14 (Very Fast) |
|
x6,
x10 |
/
| Bonesaw | 27 | | | | 4 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x15,
x1,
x10 |
/

Has 25 reach and 2 hooks.

The Slasher has a chance to inflict Poisoned. It behaves like the Posessed Hatchet, but deals Throwing damage.

The Toxic Fang has a chance to inflict Poisoned. It acts like any other chakram and can stack twice. It does not ricochet off of surfaces and deals Throwing damage instead of melee. It is still considered a "Chakram". It has an increased crit chance of 10%.

The Bonesaw has a chance to inflict Poisoned. It replaces the Blade of Grass in recipes. It has an incread crit chance of 10%.

Boneshard Armor

| Savage Mask | 5 |
|
x4,
x4 |
/
| 10% increased throwing critical strike chance
| Savage Bone Plate | 7 |
|
x20,
x5,
x2 |
/
| 10% increased throwing damage
| Savage Tabi | 6 |
|
x10,
x1,
x4 |
/
| 15% Increased movement speed
| Savage Armor | 18 |
|
x34,
x6,
x10 |
/
| Set: 20% chance not to consume thrown item

When the full set is equipped, the player leaves a black-blue, fading after-image when moving.

Solarite Weapons & Tools

| Solarite Bullet | 12 | | 6 | | 5 | |
|
x1,
x70 |
/
| Solarite Arrow | 17 | | 5 | | 4 | |
|
x1 |
/
| Solarite Pickaxe | 39 | 200% | | | 5 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x18 |
/
| Solarite Waraxe | 65 | 115% | | | 6 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x18 |
/
| Solarite Warhammer | 82 | 90% | | | 8 | 34 (Slow) |
|
x18 |
/
| Solarite Drill | 36 | 200% | | | 1 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x18 |
/
| Solarite Chainsaw | 55 | 115% | | | 5 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x18 |
/
| Solarite Jackhammer | 40 | 90% | | | 6 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x18 |
/
| Solarite Sunwheel | 45 | | 16 | | 4 | 14 (Very Fast) |
|
x10 |
/
| Solarite Shotbow | 33 | | 11 | | 3 | 18 (Very Fast) |
|
x12 |
/
| Solarite Shotel | 70 | | 8 | | 5 | 24 (Fast) |
|
x12 |
/
| Solarite Spear | 45 | | 7 | | 7 | 22 (Fast) |
|
x12 |
/
| Tarantula Staff | 65 | | 15 | 30 | 9 | 30 (Average) |
|
x15,
x1 |
/

Solarite Bullets produce a large amount of light when fired. They will curve toward enemies in their line of fire, but can not otherwise home in on targets.

Solarite Arrows produce a large amount of light when fired. They are less affected by gravity than other arrows. When the arrow strikes a surface or enemy, it releases a short-ranged pulse of light that radiates from the impact point. The pulse knocks back and damages all enemies caught within it and produces a large amount of light.

The Solarite Sunwheel can ricochet off of surfaces. Every impact releases a short-ranged pulse of light, similar to Solarite Arrows. The pulse knocks back and damages all enemies caught within it and produces a large amount of light. It deals Throwing damage instead of Melee damage. It is still recgonized as being a "Chakram".

The Solarite Shotbow fires 3 arrows per shot for the cost of 1. Arrows fired from it can not be recovered.

The Solarite Shotel fires an arc of light in the direction of the player's cursor when swung. The arc produces a large amount of light and pierces enemies, dealing damage equal to the Shotel.

The Solarite Spear can pierce enemies it strikes. Enemies killed by the spear release a pulse of light, similar to Solarite Arrows. The pulse knocks back and damages all enemies caught within it and produces a large amount of light.

The Tarantula Staff fires a single magic bolt when used. The bolt will split into 8 smaller, bouncing projectiles when it impacts a surface or an enemy. The smaller projectiles only deal 30 damage. All of the projectiles created by the Tarantula Staff have a chance to inflict Venom on enemies.

Solarite Armor

| Solarite Earth Helm | 25 |
|
x10,
x1 |
/
| Increased health regeneration, 10% increased Melee damage
| Solarite Wind Helm | 13 |
|
x10,
x1 |
/
| 20% chance not to consume ammo or throwing items, 10% increased Ranged & Throwing crit chance
| Solarite Fire Helm | 8 |
|
x10,
x1 |
/
| 15% reduced mana usage, Increases max mana by 60, 20% increased Magic critcal strike chance
| Solarite Sun Plate | 20 |
|
x25 |
/
| 7% increased damage
| Solarite Greaves | 14 |
|
x15,
x1 |
/
| 10% increased movement speed, increases jump height
| Solarite Earth Armor | 59 |
|
x50,
x2 |
/
| Set: Reduces damage taken by 5%
| Solarite Wind Armor | 47 |
|
x50,
x2 |
/
| Set: Projectiles are less affected by gravity
| Solarite Fire Armor | 42 |
|
x50,
x2 |
/
| Set: Increases mana regeneration

When the sets are equipped, the player is encircled with a rotating, glowing sun glyph. The glyph's color corresponds to the armor set (yellow, green, orange).

Last edited:

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
Anklyodon Armor

| Anklyodon Barbute | 22 |
|
x12,
x1 |
/
| Increases Hammer and Mace damage by 30%, enemies are more likely to target you
| Anklyodon Scale Mail | 28 |
|
x25,
x2 |
/
| Increases health regeneration, 10% increased Melee damage
| Anklyodon Tassets | 18 |
|
x18,
x1 |
/
| Reduces jump height, 10% increased Melee critical strike chance
| Anklyodon Armor | 68 |
|
x55,
x4 |
/
| Set: Reduces damage taken by 10%

Jadeite Weapons & Tools

| Jadeite Digging Claw | 45 | P200%, A125% | | | 5 | 11 (Very Fast) |
|
x18 |
/
Jadeite Armor

| Ceremonial Veil | 10 |
|
x15 |
/
| Increases max number of minions by 1, 15% increased minion movement speed
| Ceremonial Mask | 10 |
|
x15 |
/
| Increases max number of minions by 1, increases the attack speed of your minions by 15%
| Ceremonial Folds | 20 |
|
x25 |
/
| Increases max number of minions by 1, 20% increased minion damage
| Ceremonial Wraps | 15 |
|
x20 |
/
| Increases max number of minions by 1, 10% increased movement speed
| Ceremonial Armor (Veil) | 45 |
|
x60 |
/
| Set: Grants the Jade Ward, greatly increases the knockback of your minions
| Ceremonial Armor (Mask) | 45 |
|
x60 |
/
| Set: Grants the Jade Sentry, 15% increased minion damage

Wearing the Veil gives player the Jade Ward which does not count toward the player's minion capacity. The Jade Ward pulses with energy every few seconds, sending out a ring from the Jade Ward. The pulse rings of the Jade Ward will heal the player (and allies) and significantly knock back enemies, but causes no damage. The amount healed is determined by the player's bonus damage. The Jade Ward can be commanded to a location by tapping down twice, similar to the Stardust Guardian

Wearing the Mask gives the player the Jade Sentry which does not count toward the player's minion capacity. The Jade Sentry will fire four bursts of energy at nearby enemies in rapid succession in a manner similar to the Sky Fracture. The attack has a short-medium range. The Sentry will continue to unleash volley after volley until no enemies are within it's range of attack. The amount of damage the Jade Sentry deals is determined by the player's bonus damage. The Jade Sentry can be commanded to a location by tapping down twice, similar to the Stardust Guardian.

Hexing Armor

| Hexing Guise | 5 |
| | | Reduces mana usage by 15%, increases max mana by 60
| Hexing Robe | 20 |
| | | 12% increased Magic critical strike chance
| Hexing Threads | 10 |
| | | 20% increased movement speed
| Hexing Armor |35 |
| | | Set: Greatly increases health regeneration, has a chance to dodge attacks, Magic damage has a chance to inflict Confusion

The pieces of the Hexing Armor can be purchased from the Witch Doctor for
50 a piece after Quetzalcoatl has been defeated and the Orochi Staff is in the player's inventory.

When the full set of Hexing Armor is equipped, the player gives off a faint lavender light.

Misc Weapons & Tools

| Rainfall | 45 | | 16 | | 3 | 24 (Fast) |
| |
| Naga | 55 | | Instant | 25 | 2 | 25 (Fast) |
| |

The Rainfall has a 0.5% chance to drop from any enemy in the Tropics after a Mechanical Boss has been defeated. When the Rainfall is thrown, it creates damaging rain similar to the Nimbus Rod from the yo-yo.

The Naga fires a beam of cutting water. It is exactly like the attack of the Water Guardian. The beam will sweep in a 15 degree arc toward the players target -- the player's cursor always being at the center of the arc The beam does not go through blocks or enemies.

Vanity Armor

| Tropical Bloom | |
| | |
| Safari Helm | |
| | |
| Drifter Kabuto | |
| | |
| Snake Eater Bandana | |
|
x5,
x2 |
|
| Snake Eater Uniform | |
|
x25,
x2,
x5 |
|
| Sanke Eater Pants | |
|
x25,
x2,
x4 |
|
| Snake Eater Clothes | |
|
x55,
x4,
x11 |
|

Accessories

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Bonus
| Blood Orchid |
| | | 10% increased Magic damage
| Blood Magic |
|
x1,
x1 |
| 20% increased Magic damage, 20% reduced mana usage, Magic attacks cost 20 health
| Mosquito Wings |
|
x20,
x1 |
/
| Negates fall damage, 125% flight time
| Dactyl Wings |
|
x20,
x1 |
/
| Negates fall damage, 125% flight time
| Jadeite Wings |
|
x20,
x18 |
/
| Negates fall damage, 150% flight time
| Hexing Cloak |
| | | Negates fall damage, 125% flight time
| Hexing Conduit |
| | | Casting Magic releases a Confusion pulse, 10% increased Magic damage
| Elemental Charm |
| | | 10% increased Magic damage, Magic and Minions randomly inflict debuffs
| Arcane Spellbook |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Increases max number of minions by 1, 10% increased Magic damage, Magic and Minions randomly inflict debuffs

Hexing Cloak can be purchased from the Witch Doctor for
1 at night in the Tropics during Hardmode.

Hexing Conduit can be purchased from the Witch Doctor for
40 at night after Quetzalcoatl has been defeated and the Orochi Staff is in the player's inventory. The Hexing Conduit releases a short-ranged pulse that radiates from the player everytime a Magic attack is cast. The pulse causes enemies caught with in it to become Confused.

Elemental Charm can be purchased from the Witch Doctor for
40 while in the Tropics after Quetzalcoatl has been defeated and the Orochi Staff is in the player's inventory. Magic and Minions with the Elemental Charm equipped can randomly inflict On Fire, Poisoned, Confusion, or Slow.

Magic and Minions with the Arcane Spellbook equipped can randomly inflict On Fire, Poisioned, Confusion, or Slow.

Ancient Chests appear in shrines consisting of Mudstone Brick or Iridescent Brick and their corresponding walls. They are lit by Orange or Yellow Torches.

Ancient Chest Weapons & Tools

| Living Kapok Wand | | | | | | 14 (Very Fast) |
| |
| Kapok Lead Wand | | | | | | 14 (Very Fast) |
| |
| Pollen Staff | 7 | | | | 3 | 24 (Fast) |
| |
| Aged Fishing Pole | | 27% | 14 | | | 7 (Insanely Fast) |
| |
| Sunken Flintlock | 20 | | 6 | | 7 | 39 (Very Slow) |
| |

Places Living Kapok blocks.

Places Kapok Leaf blocks.

Grows flowers on grass when swung.

Emits a faint teal light while fishing.

The Sunken Flintlock has a 20% chance to inflict Slow on enemies. It also has a 5% chance to deal triple damage.

Ancient Chest Accessories

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Bonus
| Curupira Boots |
| Grass grows on the ground you walk on
| Saber Claws |
| 12% increased Melee speed
| Wind Crystal |
| 10% increased movement speed

Replaces Feral Claws in recipes.

Replaces Anklet of the Wind in recipes. While equipped, the crystal appears above the player's head.

Ancient Chest Misc

Sprite | Name | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Bonus | Dimensions
| Kelp | Pet Summon | 1 |
| Summons the Mermaid pet |
| Tar Boiler | Crafting Station | 99 |
| Used to craft Tar furniture | 3x3

Last edited:

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist

| Garuda | 55 | | 14 | | 10 | 18 (Very Fast ) |
| |
The Garuda has a 50% chance not to consume ammo. Arrows fired by the Garuda are not affected by gravity. When used, the Garuda fires a tornado in the direction the arrow was fired. Tornados appear as larger, green Sharknados. The Tornados last 15 seconds, will drift to and travel along the ground, and deal continuous damage equal to the arrow used to create them to all enemies it touches. The Garuda is not auto-fire.

Sprite | Name | Dimensions | Rarity | Max Stack | Ingredients | Crafted At
| Salamander Statue | 2x3 |
| 99 |
x50,
x5 |
| Snake Statue | 2x3 |
| 99 |
x50,
x5 |
| Tropical Frog Statue | 2x3 |
| 99 |
x50,
x5 |
| Chameleon Statue | 2x3 |
| 99 |
x50,
x5 |
| Kapok Platform | 1x1 |
| 99 |
x1 |
| Kapok Workbench | 2x1 |
| 99 |
x10 |
| Kapok Fence | 1x1 |
| 99 |
x1 |
| Kapok Door | 2x3 |
| 99 |
x6 |
| Kapok Chair | 1x2 |
| 99 |
x4 |
| Kapok Chest | 2x2 |
| 99 |
x8,
/
x2 |
| Kapok Table | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x8 |
| Kapok Lantern | 1x2 |
| 99 |
x6,
x1 |
| Kapok Candle | 1x1 |
| 99 |
x4,
x1 |
| Kapok Lamp | 1x3 |
| 99 |
x3,
x1 |
| Kapok Piano | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x15,
x4,
x1 |
| Kapok Bed | 4x2 |
| 99 |
x15,
x5 |
| Kapok Dresser | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x16 |
| Kapok Bookshelf | 3x4 |
| 99 |
x20,
x10 |
| Kapok Bathtub | 4x2 |
| 99 |
x14 |
/
| Kapok Candelabra | 2x2 |
| 99 |
x5,
x3 |
| Kapok Sofa | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x5,
x2 |
| Kapok Clock | 2x5 |
| 99 |
x10,
/
x3,
x6 |
| Kapok Chandelier | 3x3 |
| 99 |
x4,
x1,
x4 |
/
| Kapok Sink | 2x2 |
| 99 |
x6,
x1 |

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Height | Biome | Catch Chance | Used In
| Small Croc |
| Any | Tropics | 1:5 |
| Vampire Fish |
| Sky, Surface | Tropics | 1:7 | Ammo Reservation Potion
| Boa |
| Underground, Cavern, Underworld | Tropics | 1:7 | Summoning Potion
| Octopus |
| Surface, Underground | Tropics | |
| Dark Fish |
| Underground | Hardmode Tropics | |
| Goddess Tear |
| Surface | Tropics | |
| Ancient Fish |
| Surface, Underground | Hardmode Tropics | |

Angler said:
This many-armed jerk jumped me while I was minding my own business and it ate my cassette player! Head out to the Tropics and bring him back to me, that player was a classic!
Angler said:
I was fishing deep in the Tropics when the water turned dark and cold. I spotted a fish that wore armor and attacked the other fish! Only I'm allowed to attack fish. Bring it back to me and let's see whats in that armor!
Angler said:
There's a rumor about a fish living in the Tropics that helps adventurers escape from drowning. I can see how something like that could come in handy. Go get it for me!
Angler said:
The Tropics has a legend about a really old fish made of stone and water magic. I'm not sure I believe in such wild claims. Why don't you go get me the evidence I need to believe otherwise.

| Tropical Crate | 2x2 |
| 99 | |

Every so often, the elemental balance of the Tropics shift to an elemental dominance. Shrines are erected to appease the god of the new regime and enhance the element's power. When Wind rules, it is because of Quetzalcoatl. Such elemental imbalance is unhealthy for the world, but disturbing the Wind Shrines will invoke the fury of the Great Serpent.

Quetzalcoatl is a dangerous boss that uses wind based attacks. Getting struck by any of it's attacks causes Suffocation. Quetzalcoatl will throw twisters to the ground (which appear similar to Duke Fishron's sharknados) and will also fire wind blades outward in 6 directions that pierce blocks. Quetzalcoatl will attack faster and faster as it's health is depeleted.

During Expert Mode: Quetzalcoatl moves much faster, can draw players toward it, it's twisters will lift the player (potentially trapping them in the twister), fires wind blades in 8 directions, and causes double damage to flying players.

Health| Damage | Defense | Knock Back Resist
35,000 | 65 | 30 | 100%
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

14.29% | 14.29% | 14.29% | 14.29% | 14.29% | 14.29% | 14.29% | 14.29% | 14.29% | 5% | 2% | 10% | 100% | 14.29% | 10% | 100%
Concept Music

Quetzalcoatl Drops

| Bloom Hook | | | 30 | | | |
| |
| Tactical Grenade Launcher | 50 | | 11 | | 6 | 29 (Average) |
| |
| Sonic Gun | 48 | | 15 | 5 | 8 | 6 (Insanely Fast) |
| |
| Orochi Staff | 36 | | 16 | 6 | 3 | 9 (Very Fast) |
| |
| Wind Waker | 30 | | 10 | 10 | 2 | 27 (Average) |
| |
| Hurricane Force | 70 | | 14 | | 3 | 38 (Very Slow) |
| |
| Twister Tome | 25 | | 8 | 10 | 2 | 28 (Average) |
| |
| HF Blade | 40 | | 17 | | 4 | 28 (Average) |
| |
| Slicing Fan | 30 | | 13 | | 4 | 14 (Very Fast) |
| |
| Wind Shuriken | 50 | | 15 | | 3 | 24 (Fast) |
| |

| Quetzalcoatl Mask | |
| | |

| Starship Key | Key | 99 |
| Opens the Starship |
| Silver Monkey Shrine | Pet Summon | 1 |
| Summons the Monkey pet |
| Earth Standard | Mount Summon | 1 |
| Summons the Triceratops mount |
| Quetzalcoatl Trophy | Furniture | 99 |
| | 3x3

| Fujin's Earrings | Rainbow | 20% increased Throwing damage, 50% chance not to consume Throwing items, Enhanced Throwing

The Bloom Hook has 30 reach and 3 hooks.

Functions almost identically to the standard Grenade Launcher, but has a stronger knockback and creates larger explosions.

Fires a continuous stream of expanding sonic waves. The waves cause damage and Slow.

The Orochi Staff is required for the Witch Doctor to sell specific items. It fires a steady stream of white snakes that inflict damage and Venom.

Summons Wind Sentries. Wind Sentries will rapidly fire tiny beams of air continuously at their targets.

The Hurricane Force, when swung, grows in size and pulls enemies in -- dealing continuous damage.

The Twister Tome is used to create twisters similar to those that Quetzalcoatl uses. The twisters remain in place and cause continuous damage.

The HF Blade appears as the Arkhalis when swung. It slices 3 times in rapid succession until it must be swung again. It is not auto-swing. When swung, the HF Blade fires 3 piercing wind blades.

The Slicing Fan stacks up to 2 times and causes Throwing damage. When thrown, it leaves a wind trail behind it which increases a player's movement speed while traveling through it. The Slicing Fan is still recognized as being a "Chakram".

The Wind Shuriken causes Throwing damage and behaves similarly to the Daybreak. When thrown, it will curve toward enemies. When it hits a surface or enemy, the shuriken creates a explosive vortex that causes continuous damage to enemies caught in the area. The Wind Shuriken is still recognized as being a "Chakram".

Fujin's Earrings allow Enhanced Throwing. Enhanced Throwing has a 15% chance to throw 3 Throwing items (including Chakrams) instead of 1. When this is done with an ammo-based Throwing item, only 1 item is consumed. Objects thrown with Enhanced Throwing travel faster and are less affected by gravity.

Last edited:

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist

an alternate bee hive

Introduction
"The Tar Pits of the tropical zones have claimed more lives than the predators that inhabit them. Within these pits rests the bones of all those unfortunate enough to drown slowly in the muck of tar. But some creatures thrive when surrounded by such harsh conditions..."
Like the Tropics, the Tar Pits carry over some similar themes; playing up the prehistoric angle of the alternate evermore. I actually had a lot of fun preparing the Tar Pits. I had always wanted to explore the theme, so I'm glad the Tropics carried over nicely into it. The Tarpits, however, can still be considered a seperate alternate! It does not have to be tied to The Tropics. Please remember that the disclaimer still applies, which you can find at the top of the suggestion.

Blocks & Ore

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Dimensions
| Submerged Block | Hive Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
| | | 1x1
| Submerged Block Wall | Hive Block Wall | Wall | 999 |
|
x1 |
| 1x1
| Tar Block | Honey Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
|
+
| | 1x1
| Tarfall Block | Honeyfall Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
|
x1 |
+
| 1x1
| Tarfall Block Wall | Honefall Block Wall | Wall | 999 |
|
x1 |
| 1x1
| Resin | Crispy Honey Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
|
x1 |
/
+
| 1x1

When destroyed, will turn into Tar, drop a few Bones, or drop like a regular item.

Tar Blocks are similar to Honey Blocks in that they slow the movement of players walking on them and greatly reduce jump height.

Environment

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Dimensions
| Tar | Honey | Liquid | | |
| Roc Roost | Larva | Background Object | | | 3x3

Causes the Suffocation debuff if entered and lasts for 5 seconds after the player leaves the Tar

Destroying the Roc Roost will summon The Roc with a message reading "Your bones shudder as The Roc approaches".

Items

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
| Tar Bucket | Honey Bucket | Misc | 99 |
|
+
|
| Bottled Tar | Bottled Honey | Potion | 30 |
|
+
|
| Magic Tar Dropper | Magic Honey Dropper | Tool | 999 |
|
+
|
| Roc Egg | Abeemination | Summoning | 20 |
|
x5,
x5,
x1,
x5 |

Causes 5 damage to the player if used. The damage caused will trigger on-damage effects as if the player were hit by an enemy.

Can only be used and consumed in the Tropics or Underground Tropics. When used, it summons The Roc.

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Obtained From | Buff | Item Sprite | Item Name | Bonus
| Rocling | Baby Hornet | Pet | The Roc |
|
| Roc Perch |

| Tar Platform | 1x1 |
| 99 |
x1 |
| Tar Workbench | 2x1 |
| 99 |
x10 |
| Tar Door | 2x3 |
| 99 |
x6 |
| Tar Chair | 1x2 |
| 99 |
x4 |
| Tar Chest | 2x2 |
| 99 |
x8,
/
x2 |
| Tar Table | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x8 |
| Tar Lantern | 1x2 |
| 99 |
x6,
x1 |
| Tar Candle | 1x1 |
| 99 |
x4,
x1 |
| Tar Lamp | 1x3 |
| 99 |
x3,
x1 |
| Tar Piano | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x15,
x4,
x1 |
| Tar Bed | 4x2 |
| 99 |
x15,
x5 |
| Tar Dresser | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x16 |
| Tar Bookshelf | 3x4 |
| 99 |
x20,
x10 |
| Tar Bathtub | 4x2 |
| 99 |
x14 |
| Tar Candelabra | 2x2 |
| 99 |
x5,
x3 |
| Tar Sofa | 3x2 |
| 99 |
x5,
x2 |
| Tar Clock | 2x5 |
| 99 |
x10,
/
x3,
x6 |
| Tar Chandelier | 3x3 |
| 99 |
x4,
x1,
x4 |
| Tar Sink | 2x2 |
| 99 |
x6,
x1 |

Last edited:

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Height | Biome | Catch Chance | Used In
| Hexxus Fish |
| Any | Any (From Tar) | 1:1 |
| Bone Feeder |
| Any | Any (From Tar) | |
Angler said:
There's a fish made of bone and tar. Go fish it up for me so I can see if I can pick it apart!

The Roc is a massive bird of prey with powerful wings that can sweep away tar effortlessly. They are considered avatars of the Fire element, chosen warriors of the Fire god. Champion Skinks sometimes train Rocs from chicks to be powerful war mounts. Together, they become one of the more formidable predators in the land and the sky.

The Roc behaves similarly to the Queen Bee. Instead of firing bees at the player, it will fire a flurry of explosive feathers. The Roc will still rush the player multiple times. The Champion Skink on the Roc's back will hurl deadly spears at the player.

In Expert Mode, The Roc has significantly more health. The explosions the feathers create leave a lingering area of embers that will cause damage and On Fire! to the player. Likewise, when The Roc rushes the player, it will leave similar embers in it's wake.

Health| Damage | Defense | Knock Back Resist
4000 | 32 | 10 | 100%
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

33% | 33% | 33% | 75% | 33% | 11% | 11% | 11% | 100% | 100% | 33% | 7% | 14.29% | 19% | 100%
Concept Music

The Roc Drops

| Submerged Wand | | | | | | 14 (Very Fast) |
| |
| Shaman Staff | 10 | | 10 | 10 | 3 | 21 (Fast) |
| |
| Tomahawk | 24 | | 13 | | 5 | 21 (Fast) |
| |
| Roc Tooth | 10 | | 13 | | 4 | 11 (Very Fast) |
| |
| Egg Bomb | 13 | | 6 | | 2 | 14 (Very Fast) |
|
x1,
x1 |
/
| Roc Javelin | 14 | | 11 | | 6 | 14 (Very Fast) |
|
x1,
x1 |
/

| Roc Mask | |
| | |
| Champion Skull | |
| | |
| Champion Bone Plate | |
| | |
| Champion Cloth | |
| | |
| Champion Armor | |
| | |
| Roc Crown | 5 |
|
x8 |
/
| 10% chance not to consume thrown item
| Roc Bone Plate | 6 |
|
x12 |
/
| 10% increased throwing damage
| Roc Tassets | 5 |
|
x10 |
/
| 10% increased movement speed, increases jump height
| Roc Armor | 16 |
|
x30 |
/
| Set: 50% chance not to consume Egg Bombs when thrown

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Bonus
| Ember Earrings |
| | | Releases embers when damaged
| Burning Heart |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Increases movement speed when damaged, leaves a trail of embers when damaged
| Cinder Balloon |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Increases jump height, releases embers when damaged
| Cinder Horseshoe Balloon |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Negates fall damage, increases jump height, releases embers when damaged
| Fire Cloak |
|
x1,
x1 |
| Causes stars to fall and explode leaving embers when damaged

| Roc Feather | Crafting Material | 99 |
| |
| Roc Perch | Pet Summon | 1 |
| Summons the Rocling pet |
| Roc Trophy | Furniture | 99 |
| | 3x3

| Ember Amulet | Rainbow | Immune to On Fire!, constantly emit embers, embers deal more damage

Places Submerged Blocks.

The Shaman Staff summons Roc Chicks to attack enemies. The chicks run and hop to attack enemies via melee jumps. When Roc Chicks attack, they cause small explosions that have a chance to inflict On Fire!.

When thrown, the Tomahawk leaves embers in it's wake that will damage enemies that pass through them. The Tomahawk deals Ranged damage.

The Roc Tooth functions almost identically to the Shadowflame Knife. It has a high chance of inflicting On Fire! when it hits an enemy. The Roc Tooth does not ricochet.

Egg Bombs create small explosions that leave embers behind.

When thrown, the Roc Javelin drops feathers that drift slowly to the ground. If an enemy comes into contact with any of the feathers, the feathers explode -- causing damage and leaving behind small areas of embers.

When the full set of Roc Armor is equipped, it gives off a faint orange glow.

The player can spread the embers released by the Burning Heart by moving through them.

Last edited:

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist

an alternate temple

Introduction
"Cold-blooded and cunning. The hunters from the stars have shaped the tropical zones in their vision. From their ship they oversee the hunting of prey and the collection of grim trophies. Their latest interest for their dark gallery... is you."
Just like the Tar Pits, the Starship continues the theme set by the Tropics. But the Starship, just like Tar Pits, is also it's own stand alone alternate suggestion I certainly hope I don't have to explain my influences here, as they should be painfully obvious. Regardless, the Starship still contains it's own unique references and takes on the temple. Please remember that the disclaimer still applies, which you can find at the top of the suggestion.

Blocks & Ore

| Hunter Conduit Plating | Lihzahrd Brick | Crafting Material | 999 |
| | | 1x1
| Hunter Conduit Plating Wall | Lihzahrd Brick Wall | Wall | 999 |
|
x1 |
| 1x1
| Spectrumite Bar | Spectre Bar | Crafting Material | 99 |
|
x2,
x1 |
/
| 1x1