Sprites The Tropics (Alternate Jungle)

I'm sure there's some overlap to the references that Starbound drifts into... but there is nothing in The Tropics that intentionally references Starbound.
Well, you have a Starship based area with different animal races living in it, and one of them shares a name with a Starbound race, so it definitely seems like it was intentional.

Well, you have a Starship based area with different animal races living in it, and one of them shares a name with a Starbound race, so it definitely seems like it was intentional.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apex_predator

Apex. As in Apex Predator

oDdmV9u.gif

=============

As for the other races:

SkTKmH2.gif

4XwPoOG.jpg

Zug1Cf8.gif

=============

Just because it has multiple races and is sci-fi... does not mean it is reference Starbound.

You'll have to trust me when I say that if there is some overlap -- indeed it was *NOT* intentional.

skinkWD.png

My prototype sprite for a Skink Witch Doctor. This would replace the WD in Tropics worlds. This uses parts of the female Witch Doctor from a certain texture pack, and parts of the Skink Headhunter from this. I used the female WD because it had a slimmer frame and I wanted this to look more like a Skink than a Lihzahrd. I think I got a good balance between the two, no?

Also, I haven't finished the texture pack for it (and may simply finish and format it, then pass it along to Izzabelle), but I will be posting it on my profile, unless I hand it over to Izzabelle.

Last edited:
Love it, worth the wait. I like the Solarite ammunition, and the switch of shroomite and spectre gears roles. I would definitely use solarite arrows with my Phantasm (Or EoD equivelent, when it arrives). Also, thought that was a Indominus Rex reference. Loved the idea for Quetzalcoatl. Hate the mosquitos, though that's not your fault, damned vampire bugs... Also, as an Australian I have to ask. Is the Rainbow Serpent a reference?

View attachment 143779
My prototype sprite for a Skink Witch Doctor. This would replace the WD in Tropics worlds. This uses parts of the female Witch Doctor from a certain texture pack, and parts of the Skink Headhunter from this. I used the female WD because it had a slimmer frame and I wanted this to look more like a Skink than a Lihzahrd. I think I got a good balance between the two, no?

Also, I haven't finished the texture pack for it (and may simply finish and format it, then pass it along to Izzabelle), but I will be posting it on my profile, unless I hand it over to Izzabelle.
Cool, but I left the WD alone because he's still reptilian -- and that's all he needed to be to fit :dryadgrin:

Love it, worth the wait. I like the Solarite ammunition, and the switch of shroomite and spectre gears roles. I would definitely use solarite arrows with my Phantasm (Or EoD equivelent, when it arrives). Also, thought that was a Indominus Rex reference. Loved the idea for Quetzalcoatl. Hate the mosquitos, though that's not your fault, damned vampire bugs... Also, as an Australian I have to ask. Is the Rainbow Serpent a reference?
Yassss! The Rainbow Serpent does have some roots in Australian myth, but there's also Rainbow Serpent myths in Central / South America! :dryadsmile:

Would the drill containment unit be the same?
Yep. It would just need the alt metals.

this is awesome. how the heck long did it take you to make this?

also, i think i found a reference. is the solarite wind helm a reference to skyrim?
It took a few months of on and off work. And about a week total to format and post.

That is not one of the references :dryadsad: lol

kdcROYP.png

wzrEXxn.png

an alternate bee hive

kdcROYP.png

Introduction
divider.png

Like the Tropics, the Tar Pits carry over some similar themes; playing up the prehistoric angle of the alternate evermore. I actually had a lot of fun preparing the Tar Pits. I had always wanted to explore the theme, so I'm glad the Tropics carried over nicely into it. The Tarpits, however, can still be considered a seperate alternate! It does not have to be tied to The Tropics. Please remember that the disclaimer still applies, which you can find at the top of the suggestion.

divider.png

Blocks & Ore

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Dimensions
3wcQo9e.png
| Submerged Block | Hive Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| | | 1x1
jB9XLwc.png
| Submerged Block Wall | Hive Block Wall | Wall | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
3wcQo9e.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
| 1x1
HaL2Uvx.png
| Tar Block | Honey Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
nkbpaju.png
+
PnEqw26.png
| | 1x1
Ko1YtQl.png
| Tarfall Block | Honeyfall Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
Glass.png
x1 |
Crystal_Ball.png
+
PnEqw26.png
| 1x1
QaCaFS2.png
| Tarfall Block Wall | Honefall Block Wall | Wall | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
Ko1YtQl.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
| 1x1
eniEwTR.png
| Resin | Crispy Honey Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
HaL2Uvx.png
x1 |
Furnace.png
/
2cAA3cT.png
+
PnEqw26.png
| 1x1

Environment

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Dimensions
PnEqw26.png
| Tar | Honey | Liquid | | |
SKLdQZi.png
| Roc Roost | Larva | Background Object | | | 3x3

Items

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
m5yR8OG.png
| Tar Bucket | Honey Bucket | Misc | 99 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
Empty_Bucket.png
+
PnEqw26.png
|
4EUNJ7m.png
| Bottled Tar | Bottled Honey | Potion | 30 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
Bottle.png
+
PnEqw26.png
|
d3n8WB9.png
| Magic Tar Dropper | Magic Honey Dropper | Tool | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
Empty_Dropper.png
+
PnEqw26.png
|
Crystal_Ball.png
hSktSG3.png
| Roc Egg | Abeemination | Summoning | 20 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
3wcQo9e.png
x5,
HaL2Uvx.png
x5,
4EUNJ7m.png
x1,
Bone.png
x5 |
divider.png

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Obtained From | Buff | Item Sprite | Item Name | Bonus
Ca52XRW.png
| Rocling | Baby Hornet | Pet | The Roc |
McpetTr.png
|
Grt5TRI.png
| Roc Perch |
divider.png

Sprite | Name | Dimensions | Rarity | Max Stack | Ingredients | Crafted At
ovkn2ov.png
| Tar Platform | 1x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x1 |
vvdbahN.gif
gU0i4bW.png
| Tar Workbench | 2x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x10 |
vvdbahN.gif
tFwl75r.png
| Tar Door | 2x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x6 |
vvdbahN.gif
dV9NsQ1.png
| Tar Chair | 1x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x4 |
vvdbahN.gif
b3cy9iS.png
| Tar Chest | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x8,
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x2 |
vvdbahN.gif
EgKJBkd.png
| Tar Table | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x8 |
vvdbahN.gif
FdAfm5w.png
| Tar Lantern | 1x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x6,
Torch.png
x1 |
vvdbahN.gif
iVe586A.png
| Tar Candle | 1x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x4,
Torch.png
x1 |
vvdbahN.gif
f5gVogM.png
| Tar Lamp | 1x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x3,
Torch.png
x1 |
vvdbahN.gif
NNWpUQA.png
| Tar Piano | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x15,
Bone.png
x4,
Book.png
x1 |
vvdbahN.gif
oAmzzA5.png
| Tar Bed | 4x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x15,
Silk.png
x5 |
vvdbahN.gif
m3x3nt4.png
| Tar Dresser | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x16 |
vvdbahN.gif
v03C2jq.png
| Tar Bookshelf | 3x4 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x20,
Book.png
x10 |
vvdbahN.gif
7R21tvh.png
| Tar Bathtub | 4x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x14 |
vvdbahN.gif
AaxhZJD.png
| Tar Candelabra | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x5,
Torch.png
x3 |
vvdbahN.gif
Ci7ZnKZ.png
| Tar Sofa | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x5,
Silk.png
x2 |
vvdbahN.gif
iQtvjCZ.png
| Tar Clock | 2x5 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x10,
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x3,
Glass.png
x6 |
vvdbahN.gif
M19OFYr.png
| Tar Chandelier | 3x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x4,
Iron_Chain.png
x1,
Torch.png
x4 |
vvdbahN.gif
jojG0i7.png
| Tar Sink | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
HaL2Uvx.png
x6,
Water_Bucket.png
x1 |
vvdbahN.gif
divider.png
This concept is epic and should be added in the game

Two questions: if the Sky Blue Shell replaces the violet husk, how will players make violet dye and rainbow dye? And what is the bottled tar supposed to do, since all it is for is a potion that takes 5 damage, and a recipe for the Rock Egg. Also what happens when honey mixes with tar? will it also make resin or a new block?
EDIT: haha whoops, that's not two questions

Two questions: if the Sky Blue Shell replaces the violet husk, how will players make violet dye and rainbow dye? And what is the bottled tar supposed to do, since all it is for is a potion that takes 5 damage, and a recipe for the Rock Egg. Also what happens when honey mixes with tar? will it also make resin or a new block?
EDIT: haha whoops, that's not two questions
Sky Blue Shells replace the Violet Husk -- as a monster drop. Violet Dye can still be made from Violet Petals, which replaces Sky Blue Flowers as an environmental item. Which thus still allow for the creation of Rainbow Dye.

Bottled tar is supposed to cause 5 damage -- but it applies as though the player has been hit. I'm sure some of the more hardcore players can find a lot of ways in which that is useful.

When honey mixes with tar; nothing happens, or more tar is created. I deliberately remained vague on the subject of liquids -- because I don't think the interaction with the alt'd-liquid matters in the scheme of the overall suggestion.

:eek: Just, wow...

Just wondering, is the Hunter Pelt enemy a small reference to "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell?
That enemy is reminds me of that story.

Back
Top Bottom