Sprites The Tropics (Alternate Jungle)

So i have some questions... (alot)

szHS4UC.png
What is this?
xd3Q1LL.png
And this?

And what are all the grey ones?

I know that the dungeon (the first one i suppose) is the Tower (right?)
the second one looks like ... Like the end? (pillars n'stuff)
I know you are missing the purity biome. So that must be one of them.

(unless of course you wont make a new purity as it probably should be
left as it is because it is like a neutral biombe so i dont know :/ )

And one of them looks like something moonlord themed? :O
And i guess the solar eclipse and martianmadness will be done things with?
(The goblin army?)
And oh yeah the ocean? (i dont think it can be one of the icons though :/ )
Snow biome? Desert? Marble/Granite?

(If correct in ANY of these assumptions what icons "refer" to what event/biome?)

Thanks for reading i guess! :D

Actually wrote this yesterday the forums just didnt want to let me post anything on the forums? D:

szHS4UC.png
What is this?
xd3Q1LL.png
And this?

(The goblin army?)

(If correct in ANY of these assumptions what icons "refer" to what event/biome?)

Actually wrote this yesterday the forums just didnt want to let me post anything on the forums? D:
The first one is Necropolis, which will be a Desert alt. The second one is the End of Days which will be a Lunar Event alt.

The rest of the grey stuff we don't really know.

Seems like she's working on both of them, so we can expect the whole thing when finished. Hell, not only can we get an alternate desert and Lunar Event, it's entirely possible....

we're going to get an alternate Sandstorm and Moon Lord. Buckle up. ;)

szHS4UC.png
What is this?
xd3Q1LL.png
And this?

(The goblin army?)

As @5raptorboy pointed out,
szHS4UC.png
This is the Necropolis, it will be an alternate Desert.
xd3Q1LL.png
This is the End of Days, it will be an alternate Lunar Event.

They are colored and locked to show that these are the ones currently being worked on. The other grey ones represent other alternates, but have not been revealed or started.

You can read more about the alternates and their schedule for update or release in my Alternates thread. That is also the thread for speculation regarding the Alternates.

Very well done as always.
I doubt this reference is correct considering the name is very generic, but the Beam Rifle is the starting weapon in a game called Suguri. It doesn't have the same design as this one, but a similar shape.
The octopus quest fish's dialogue sounds so specific that it has to be a reference, but I've no idea what. The Wind Waker is obvious though. Orochi Staff = Orochimaru.
As well, would the Starship be on the surface or underground? The surface makes more sense, but it would be quite a pain for new players to get around it.
Perhaps the Starship buried itself under a small amount of mud so that they could blend in more. So, perhaps right underneath the surface, but not as deep as the Lihzahrd Temple.

As well, would the Starship be on the surface or underground? The surface makes more sense, but it would be quite a pain for new players to get around it.
Perhaps the Starship buried itself under a small amount of mud so that they could blend in more. So, perhaps right underneath the surface, but not as deep as the Lihzahrd Temple.
It would spawn just as the Temple would. Underground -- as though it had been there for ages. It's also a reference.

It would spawn just as the Temple would. Underground -- as though it had been there for ages. It's also a reference.
A reference to Predator, from what I'm gathering. Not to mention, Luke crashes his ship into a swampy planet in Star Wars 5...

you seem like a good spriter, is there any possibility you could sprite for me?
You could do a few,
just click the "ayy" button and look at some of my posts.

(if it doesn't work click the comment above)

you seem like a good spriter, is there any possibility you could sprite for me?
You could do a few,
just click the "ayy" button and look at some of my posts.

(if it doesn't work click the comment above)
Sorry -- I barely have enough time to sprite my own work as it is. The Tropics took months. I only sprite if I have free time, and even then, only if my free time isn't being occupied by something else in my life. I wouldn't be able to take on another person's project and still have time for my own. Not unless you were willing to pay me for the sprite work.

Sorry -- I barely have enough time to sprite my own work as it is. The Tropics took months. I only sprite if I have free time, and even then, only if my free time isn't being occupied by something else in my life. I wouldn't be able to take on another person's project and still have time for my own. Not unless you were willing to pay me for the sprite work.
well I don't have money so im gonna just walk away now.

Yet again, Izzabelle easily succeeds in blowing up our astonished minds.
index.php

You deserve it, as usual.

Wow this is incredible! There was only one thing in this entire page that did not seem perfect and that is that the theme music for the tropics needs to sound more relaxing. The jungle theme music was relaxing and peaceful and I thought the tropics need to sound calm as a counterpart. Great work!

Wow this is incredible! There was only one thing in this entire page that did not seem perfect and that is that the theme music for the tropics needs to sound more relaxing. The jungle theme music was relaxing and peaceful and I thought the tropics need to sound calm as a counterpart. Great work!
It was actually a distinct design choice to provide concept music that wasn't relaxing. My alternates, in general, are on occasion -- darker counterparts to their source biomes. I use the concept music to set the tone, so if you read through it thinking things were supposed to be a little more low key -- then you may have gotten the wrong impression. :dryadwink:

Edit: This was supposed to be the original concept music: https://soundcloud.com/statronika/amazon-goddess but it was removed from YouTube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom