The Ultimate Arena (AFK/non-AFK versus Moon Events, Invasions, All-Boss)

The ground the mimic spawns on is 40m above, so I think we can assume that metric & imperial have different altitudes for 0.

Yes, this is interesting. You should grab a depth meter, go to 0 altitude, and post a screenshot.

Is there a reason the blocks are staggered, instead of straight rows 2 blocks high?

The blocks are staggered to prevent any 3-tile-wide vegetation from growing. If too much of such vegetation is allowed to grow then actuating the ground will not guarantee breaking the plantera bulb.

Yes, this is interesting. You should grab a depth meter, go to 0 altitude, and post a screenshot.

I'll do that later on today, hopefully.

The blocks are staggered to prevent any 3-tile-wide vegetation from growing. If too much of such vegetation is allowed to grow then actuating the ground will not guarantee breaking the plantera bulb.

That's clever. That must have taken a lot of jungle grass seeds though. How many jungle blocks are needed?

That's clever. That must have taken a lot of jungle grass seeds though. How many jungle blocks are needed?

As many as you want. You also don't need that many seeds. You can create a continuous stretch of blocks first, wait until the jungle grass spreads, and then remove the excess blocks to create the staggered pattern.

As many as you want. You also don't need that many seeds. You can create a continuous stretch of blocks first, wait until the jungle grass spreads, and then remove the excess blocks to create the staggered pattern.

I was just thinking of ways to do that. What's the minimum number of jungle blocks needed? I want to squeeze it in between the corrupt & crimson blocks either side of it (I'm assuming that's what you've done, it's too dark to see).

I was just thinking of ways to do that. What's the minimum number of jungle blocks needed? I want to squeeze it in between the corrupt & crimson blocks either side of it (I'm assuming that's what you've done, it's too dark to see).

Well, the minimum is two blocks. This is just a probability question - the more blocks you have, the greater the chance of a spawn. In that sense, try to use as many blocks as you can.

I think I should have phrased it "how many blocks make a jungle biome?". Have you got an image of the arena showing which biome blocks you placed where?

Can any of this be achieved on console?

I'm a console user, and everything works so far. The one thing I'd say is to not actuate the top spear trap, as the spears tips fly through them into space. I'm still trying to figure out the Plantera bulb part, but that's about it.

It works 100% (yes, leave the top spears deactuated) on xbox360. I made my plantera bulb box 14x10 blocks just below(skipped 1 row of blocks between the bottom row of wires and the top row of space inside the box) the bottom row of star statues in the heath machine. works perfectly.

It works 100% (yes, leave the top spears deactuated) on xbox360. I made my plantera bulb box 14x10 blocks just below(skipped 1 row of blocks between the bottom row of wires and the top row of space inside the box) the bottom row of star statues in the heath machine. works perfectly.

Is Xbox metric? If so, what depth is the bulb spawning?

I think I should have phrased it "how many blocks make a jungle biome?". Have you got an image of the arena showing which biome blocks you placed where?

And by that I don't mean the images already on this thread, I mean where you put corruption, crimson etc. in order to summon the brain of cthulu/eater of worlds.

And by that I don't mean the images already on this thread, I mean where you put corruption, crimson etc. in order to summon the brain of cthulu/eater of worlds.

Metric? good eye... it's "M" not "F", lol. Terrarian Metric Units are Blocks. 2 Blocks = 1 M.

That's what the purple and red ice blocks are for... I just opened it up on my 360 and looked at how I did it, it's EXACTLY the same as DicemanXs except for the top spear fix.

This should help:
Biomes.jpg

Image From : http://terraria.wiki.gg/Biome

Last edited:
AHA!! Ice blocks! I couldn't make them out on the video as it's too dark. Did you just build three areas of equal size next to each other? Corruption¦¦Jungle¦¦Crimson

I find that it really helps to build DicemanXs stuff if you download the .wld file and look at it in tedit.

1.jpg

(It's sooo pretty! Damn U Dice, U Rule.)
anything you still can't figure out after that, ask here and people will always help.

Last edited:
I've still not used tedit, not even sure what it is really. I might give it a bash with this one though. I've started building all my farms etc. with Duke Fishron in mind, as we'll (allegedly) be getting him soon.

This is the farm to build then. Just need the minecart tracks(I used metal shelf platform on my 360 to hold the spaces) and the Duke(can't wait, they said before the end of the year I think some place). also one small change, I used a layer of wood platform with switches where the levers on the wall are, will fix em when the 360 will let me... lol

I'm going to use a version of my localised blade farm (link below) for all the bosses, with some spear traps in the middle. The multi-biome landscape in this arena was just what
I'm after. That image is EXACTLY was I was after by the way, thanks for posting it.

Here's the link to the localised blade farm, it takes 5 minutes to build and slays everything. I think it would work very well in this arena, especially as we don't have heartreach potion. If you fancy building it, I'd like to know how you get on with it.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ised-horsemans-blade-arena.30742/#post-685095

The credit goes to DicemanX for building such and awesome setup. All I did was post a pic of his .wld from in tedit. Glad it helps. I will check out your farm and see what I think. EDIT: It's not letting me see the images of your farm, it's saying I don't have permission to view them. lol

The credit goes to DicemanX for building such and awesome setup. All I did was post a pic of his .wld from in tedit. Glad it helps. I will check out your farm and see what I think. EDIT: It's not letting me see the images of your farm, it's saying I don't have permission to view them. lol

Unfortunately the images are in the social forum, and those images are not accessible by non-members. I wonder if that's intended or a bug. It's the reason I post two threads for most of my builds - one in this guides section, and one in the T-MEC forums since the discussions tend to be a lot different in T-MEC but I still want the information to be accessible to everyone (and entice others to build and engineer!).

Good catch there AGAIN Dice, lol. I joined the social forum, and I can see 'em now. :)

I'll see what I think and let you know ED209.

Back
Top Bottom