The Ultimate Arena (AFK/non-AFK versus Moon Events, Invasions, All-Boss)

It's possible to make oceans, they just have to be over 1000 blocks of 1 liquid type. I just woke up... I'll finish up my version of you're setup in a lil bit and post it.

I meant did he build OVER the ocean, or NEAR it. I'm trying to pick where to build my new arena, as I've only got 2 worlds; my console started deleting worlds 3-8 whenever I quit the game. Kind of annoying when my main world was in slot 3.

Looking forward to the post, I'm wondering if you've what I think you've done...

I built the arena right at the world's edge where the ocean was. However, building right at the edge isn't critical - all that matters is that you're in the ocean biome so that you can summon Fishron (once Fishron arrives on console of course). You'll still have to deal with the ocean water to make sure you block all ocean spawns. Furthermore, if your ocean is well above 0 altitude you'll have to descend down to 0 altitude so that the plantera bulbs can spawn on jungle grass below 0 altitude.

OK, thanks. So, when you "edge of the world" to summon the Duke, do we need to see the ocean background? Or is it just where we can summon King Slime?

OK, thanks. So, when you "edge of the world" to summon the Duke, do we need to see the ocean background? Or is it just where we can summon King Slime?

You don't need to actually see the ocean background if another biome supercedes it (and you need the other biomes to summon certain pre-hardmode bosses).

So you've seen a mimic spawn at 40m? Or were you perched 40m above a spawn surface, and maybe the mimic actually spawned at 0m or below? In any case you're right that wherever a mimic spawns a bulb should spawn as well.

It turns out that Plantera bulbs & mimics don't share a spawn depth on console; after a fair bit off testing I've found that while mimics spawn @40m or so, bulbs need to be at least below 0 (although I'm not sure by how much yet).

UPDATE: It's WAY below ground level for a bulb to spawn, but now the brain of Cthulu or the EoW won't spawn...

Last edited:
Attempting to emulate this arena, I came into a problem.
2015-12-12_00001.jpg
The teleporter goes two ways in 1.3 now, so I would just have too many infinite loop things and no creatures would actually stay close enough to me to hit them more than once or twice before they teleported back. I took off the middle and right pressure plate, so it doesn't activate nearly as many times, however, there are still some loops now and then. Is there a way to loophole around this, or will I just have to deal with it?

Attempting to emulate this arena, I came into a problem. View attachment 88228 The teleporter goes two ways in 1.3 now, so I would just have too many infinite loop things and no creatures would actually stay close enough to me to hit them more than once or twice before they teleported back. I took off the middle and right pressure plate, so it doesn't activate nearly as many times, however, there are still some loops now and then. Is there a way to loophole around this, or will I just have to deal with it?

In all my current builds that feature teleporters for the mobs in the spawn area I put hoik teeth above the destination teleporter to move the mobs off the teleporter as soon as possible to prevent back-teleporting. The back teleporting cannot be totally prevented this way, but it is greatly minimized, and the back-teleported mobs eventually return to the destination teleporter anyways.

Here's an example:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...n-moon-frost-moon-all-invasions-bosses.33181/

If you look at the schematics the destination teleporter has a ton of top hoik teeth above it. Incidentally, the arena in that link is now my go-to arena for all boss, event, and invasion fights after the changes to statues in 1.3. The arena cannot handle the Moon Lord, but I have two separate arenas for the Moon Lord.

There is a way of completely eliminating back-teleportation completely, but the design is a bit involved and practically speaking is not really necessary. Still, I plan to showcase it at some point down the line.

I'm trying to build the heart statue set up, but only the left-most 3 statues produce hearts every 6 seconds, nowhere near enough to prevent damage. It must be another console glitch.

I'm trying to build the heart statue set up, but only the left-most 3 statues produce hearts every 6 seconds, nowhere near enough to prevent damage. It must be another console glitch.

Can you post a pic of your set-up?

Wow,

Great work buddy! I really want to try this out. But i can't be bothered to build it myself, looks pretty dope any-ways.
Also, it's not all that boring, i bet you get those coins from the mobs you slay! :cool:

Hrm... windows 10 won't let me download this... virus protection kicks in... is there some problem with the site or some way to disable the so-called smart virus protection that won't let me get this? Thanks

Hrm... windows 10 won't let me download this... virus protection kicks in... is there some problem with the site or some way to disable the so-called smart virus protection that won't let me get this? Thanks

I cannot address your issue, but I want to point you to the most recent download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b_4cIU1vVBcnBTYVZjcVNwdGM/view

This world doesn't include the farm in this guide since it is now outdated and doesn't work on PC. It's still relevant for console though. The new world has a much stronger set of farms in it instead.

Back
Top Bottom