Official The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop

H O W

Is it just adding a Hex Code?
Yes! For instance, in this situation i wrote
[c/32FF82: Dano em 10% (+5.1% físico)]\n
Note the bracket where it starts and end. Also, you must do that for every line you write

Now i wanna know the hex code for modifiers so i can add them on accessories. If you know them, tell me please.

I need a bit of help with my resource pack for skeletron. If I put in the textures for the skeletron boss normally, it doesn't work. However the pieces that fly out of skeletron once he is killed do seem to have my textures, just not the boss itself. The only way I've gotten it to work is by getting a different pack that changes skeletron, and pasting my images with the same name as the ones in the downloaded pack, directly replacing them. Even then, if I changed the image in any way, such as flipping it, or even just putting an image into the folder, it doesn't work. Sorry if this is hard to understand, and I'm not even sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong, since I know I have the names and sizes right.

i made a music pack but the problem is even when i have it on the normal terraria music still plays

Are you a Mac user?

But how i upload an unzipped music resource pack then? the game only shows the resource pack as zip

There are instructions in the guide for the exact folder order and layout you need for the game to detect the pack. You need to put it in the ResourcePacks folder, with the next folder being the name of the Resource Pack you are using, and then everything below that.

I need a bit of help with my resource pack for skeletron. If I put in the textures for the skeletron boss normally, it doesn't work. However the pieces that fly out of skeletron once he is killed do seem to have my textures, just not the boss itself. The only way I've gotten it to work is by getting a different pack that changes skeletron, and pasting my images with the same name as the ones in the downloaded pack, directly replacing them. Even then, if I changed the image in any way, such as flipping it, or even just putting an image into the folder, it doesn't work. Sorry if this is hard to understand, and I'm not even sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong, since I know I have the names and sizes right.

Can you provide one of the textures which is not working for you? I can try it out on my end and see what's going on.

Yes, because i didn't modify anything related with the menu, it's still the same as the one in the downloads section, and yet the accent marks in the menu got replaced, also, another thing i noticed is that when i have the pack active, the Japanese/Chinese/Etc. Letters get replaced by "?"

I've tried to test this out, using Spanish language options, I made a number of modifications to text using the accent symbols, and I have had no issues. I very specifically copied/pasted the exact same accent variants that are already used in the localization.

Are you 100% sure you are using the EXACT same version of these characters? There are different versions. Not all of them may be supported. Try copy/pasting pre-existing versions and see if it still happens. If it continues, you will need to clarify for me in a bug report thread, and provide a copy of the json/csv file you are trying to use.

Last edited:
I'm having a slight issue with porting my custom music pack from Wave Bank format to the texture pack format. Pretty much every custom theme sounds way louder than it should when compared to when I used the Wave Bank format. Idk if this is an issue with the game or my files because those files were pretty much left unchanged (also meaning that they are .wav format).
Also, since my music pack doesn't change all the vanilla themes, literally all the custom ones are way louder than the vanilla tracks when playing in-game vs when I used to use the Wave Bank format. Back in Wave Bank format, the custom tacks and vanilla tracks all had similar volume with no real noticable difference in volume between tracks.

We are aware of an issue where tracks run through the Music Pack system are coming out louder than they would normally be.

Thus far, the cause has eluded detection, but its on our radar.

Thanks for the report, however!

If you could upload your music pack to Steam Workshop and tell me what its called, I can download it and look into it.

@herbalSeb So, this may sound like a simple thing, but is your music folder . . . "music" and not "Music"?

It doesn't register if its not capitalized.

I tried changing it to Music, and it worked fine. Try changing that, and see if it helps?

However, at least 3 of your songs are not working correctly (there is an error that will pop up saying which ones), so just a heads up.

@herbalSeb So, this may sound like a simple thing, but is your music folder . . . "music" and not "Music"?

It doesn't register if its not capitalized.

I tried changing it to Music, and it worked fine. Try changing that, and see if it helps?

However, at least 3 of your songs are not working correctly (there is an error that will pop up saying which ones), so just a heads up.
alrighty, thanks

Also, you can delete your pack now, or fix it and re-upload, whatever you like. I don't need it up on Steam anymore, I have a copy of it on my end.

I thought the game could only read resource packs as zips but seems like it can also read folders, didn't know that
thanks for the help Leinfors!!

Is it possible to add tooltips to objects that didn't already have tooltips? (like the copper shortsword)

Is it possible to add tooltips to objects that didn't already have tooltips? (like the copper shortsword)

It is not. Localization changes only allow replacing pre-existing text strings, not the addition of new ones.

Back
Top Bottom