Official The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop

you made a mistake.
Untitled.png

Is it possible to change NPC arrival message? I'm having the following issue:
In my language, "The" can be translated between "a" or "o" depending on their gender
On the sentence "Brandon the Guide has arrived!" i found a way to change only the "has arrived!" part. I don't know where's the "The" or at least where are the NPC's role so i could change to "O Guide".

Is it possible to change NPC arrival message? I'm having the following issue:
In my language, "The" can be translated between "a" or "o" depending on their gender
On the sentence "Brandon the Guide has arrived!" i found a way to change only the "has arrived!" part. I don't know where's the "The" or at least where are the NPC's role so i could change to "O Guide".

It is unlikely this will be possible due to English not have two different gender versions.

However, to answer the specific question, the string in question is:

Category: Game
Key: NPC Title
String: {0} the {1}
In this string, {0} = the personal name of the NPC in question, and {1} = the "profession" of the NPC

The message you are changing is:
Category: Announcement
Key: HasArrived
String: {0} has arrived!
In this string {0} = the NPC Title Key

This comes together to make
{{0} the {1}} has arrived!, so for example "{{Andy} the {Guide}} has arrived!"

You CAN change the "the", but you cannot have a male/female/gender neutral variant for each. You could only pick one, and so it would be inaccurate the rest of the time.

Sorry to annoy as this is a dumb question. I've been searching the files since 1.4 came out almost trying to find the file for the Journey Inv Bg, and I can't find it... Could someone tell me the name of it... Or just send an image with it so I don't have to look around for it.

Attachments

• Sorry to annoy with this dumb question, Leinfors.png
    Sorry to annoy with this dumb question, Leinfors.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
It is unlikely this will be possible due to English not have two different gender versions.

However, to answer the specific question, the string in question is:

Category: Game
Key: NPC Title
String: {0} the {1}
In this string, {0} = the personal name of the NPC in question, and {1} = the "profession" of the NPC

The message you are changing is:
Category: Announcement
Key: HasArrived
String: {0} has arrived!
In this string {0} = the NPC Title Key

This comes together to make
{{0} the {1}} has arrived!, so for example "{{Andy} the {Guide}} has arrived!"

You CAN change the "the", but you cannot have a male/female/gender neutral variant for each. You could only pick one, and so it would be inaccurate the rest of the time.

Found it, thanks! Although i can't change the text for each gender as you said, i think i know how to bypass my issue and keep it coherent
Instead of the status message be "Jimmy the Angler has arrived!" i simply swapped the order of the name and role "Angler Jimmy has arrived!"
1617196372287.png

And with that, i think my localization fix pack is done. as if i was nearly close

Last edited:
Sorry to annoy as this is a dumb question. I've been searching the files since 1.4 came out almost trying to find the file for the Journey Inv Bg, and I can't find it... Could someone tell me the name of it... Or just send an image with it so I don't have to look around for it.

Which thing specifically are you looking for, the blue boxes that contain all of the Journey Duplication Menu and the Powers?

Yeah, the blue boxes. And the sidebar. I've got the powers done but I can't find the blue boxes.

Check out Settings_Panel, Settings_Panel_1, Settings_Panel_2, PanelBorder, PanelBackground, and PanelGrayscale.

These are all in Content/Images/UI.

Fair warning, these are used in multiple menus, so changes to them may impact other areas as well. That may be ideal for your pack, but wanted to let you know anyway.

Hey, so, I'm just here to double-check: What's the necessary metadata to inject into a WAV or OGG so songs can be looped?

I've used a test OGG, using 'LOOP_START' on one test instance, followed by 'LOOPSTART' and 'LOOPLENGTH' on another test instance.

I'm afraid that one is a bit above my head, its not something I have any documentation about.

Check out Settings_Panel, Settings_Panel_1, Settings_Panel_2, PanelBorder, PanelBackground, and PanelGrayscale.

These are all in Content/Images/UI.

Fair warning, these are used in multiple menus, so changes to them may impact other areas as well. That may be ideal for your pack, but wanted to let you know anyway.
I'm pretty sure PanelBackground wasn't. I changed that one and it was for choosing players. Didn't impact Journey Menu at all.

Attachments

• PlayerBackground.png
    PlayerBackground.png
    1 KB · Views: 64
That was just a list of assets that might have been needed, I didn't check if they were all needed.

Did you find what you were looking for, at least?

This is awesome, gonna use the new pack features a ton! (Though I miss having people know how to simply get around file/folder paths to install resource packs as it culled the weak).
Just curious, we ever gonna get full sound effect support the way you added music now? I'd love to tweak some of them (cough cough player hurt sounds).

Oh i'm totally itching to replace all the Terraria music with some enviromental ambient.
For that per biome "immersion" ;)

If you upload your pack to Steam Workshop and tell me what it is, I can download it and investigate it. Also, please make a report thread here to discuss this issue: Journey's End Bug Reports
Zelda MusicPack (Ocarina, Wind Waker, Majora Mask, Minish Cap and Link to the Past) by SkyLink.

I recently posted, curiously I am also not able to put an image inside the game when publishing, these are two problems.
Edit: I created the topic in the Bug Report to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom