Official The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop

My custom texture pack/resource pack doesnt work, im trying to replace the bunny with the lop bunny, is there anything wrong with the resolution or anything?

Attachments

• NPC_46.png
    NPC_46.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 101
  • NPC_46.png
    NPC_46.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 98
My custom texture pack/resource pack doesnt work, im trying to replace the bunny with the lop bunny, is there anything wrong with the resolution or anything?
seems to be that you used a completly different layout of the bunny than copying over it i got it to work, here is the file.

Attachments

• NPC_46.png
    NPC_46.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 95
Love the new workshop integration!
Though i have one problem...
I tried replacing the normal music with the otherworldly music but it wont play the title and the day music, all others are woking... Any fix to this? ^^'

Updating Your Workshop Content

If at any point, you've made changes to your World or Resource Pack, and wish to update what is available for players to download on the Workshop, you will need to republish the content. Don't worry - the process is very simple! All you have to do is follow the same process that you did initially in order to publish the content for a second time, and the new version will replace the original version (without erasing any of its Steam-side information, such as ratings or comments, etc). This update will then be propagated to any users who have subscribed to your content, automatically updating their versions to match the latest and greatest. Note that this will NOT update a user's imported world file, as these are no longer connected to the Workshop system. It will, however, update their Workshop download of the world file, which they can then freely import whenever they desire.

Cant get this to work, republishing a world just keeps creating a new item in the workshop.

Edit: Working now, hope it was just something dumb on my side.

Last edited:
I can now finally change EoL's theme to Genos's theme from One Punch Man, and all I can say that I LOVE THIS UPDATE.

It gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling to simply run around dodging EoL without fighting just to listen to that theme. Holds so many memories of listening to it while grinding out Terraprisma as Summoner in Master Mode.

Love you devs!

I am so confused about the texture pack stuff, so if I wanna start editing sprites where do I go? I downloaded the pre-formatted pack and now I'm lost even after reading the advanced texture pack section.

Damn there is so much in packed into that "All Localizations.csv"!
^.^

sadly there is something i could not find, the random names Townies are given when they spawn (and respawn)
would they not had need to be translated for non-latin Alphabet like Serbian and Hanzi?
or am i just missing something?
<.<;

Uploading to Steam Workshop

How do I publish content to the Steam Workshop?

To publish content to the Steam Workshop, first head on over to Workshop Menu within Terraria's in-game menus.

View attachment 313958

From here, you can select either Publish Worlds or Publish Resource Packs, depending on the type of content you are looking to share with the world. Once you select which type of content that you desire to publish, you should see a menu pop up.

View attachment 313959

Simply select the World/Resource Pack you want to share from this menu, and you will then be taken to the Submission Screen.

View attachment 313962

The Submission Screen is where you will provide a lot of necessary and important information about your content. To maximize player enjoyment and to make your content really stand out, we suggest that all content creators take the time and care to make this as accurate and amazing as possible. The Submission Screen has several options and features available, including:
- A link to the Workshop Terms of Service, which must be accepted on your Steam account before you can use it. You can check if you agreed to it or not here (must be logged into Steam on your browser).
- A section that allows content creators to select an image preview for their content, which will be visible on Steam. Image previews must be no larger than 512x512 pixels, and use the .png or .jpg image format. This image is the first thing people will likely see in relation to your content - so make it representative of what you have created and make it awesome!
- Privacy settings specific on whom is allowed to see/download your content (Public, Friends Only, or Private)
- A section where you can set descriptive Tags for your content. These can help people quickly identify the type of content you are uploading as well as the overall intent. These tags are used in the Workshop page on Steam as filters to assist other players in narrowing down their searches for new content to download.

Each of these options may be set once per upload. If you made a mistake or just want to improve upon your choices, don’t fret! You may adjust these options as many times as you wish by republishing the content, which will update the settings on your content's Steam Workshop page. In addition, there are other ways to customize the way your content is displayed on the content's page, where you'll be able to adjust the title and description, and even include screenshots of your content. This is your chance to make sure that your content stands out among the crowd, so take the time and attention to fully/accurately describe what you have created, and provide a few attractive pictures to draw the eye! We will dive into all of this in a later section, so let’s get back to the publishing process itself for now . . .

Once you are satisfied with all of your selections, simply hit the Publish button and the process will start! There will be a brief animation/audio cue as the upload progresses. Particularly large Music Packs or Texture Packs may take several minutes to upload; note that shutting down terraria in the middle of an upload will abort that upload - so make sure that you give things time to properly finish.

As soon as your upload is complete, a Steam window will pop up via the Steam overlay, showing the Workshop page for your content. However, it is important to note that this will only happen if Steam overlay is enabled.

What happens if something goes wrong? Well, sometimes an attempt to publish content may fail, so we've added a "Logs" menu - found in the Steam Workshop menu - where you can read & understand what caused the failure, as well as how to potentially resolve it! The "Logs" section will show a brief description/explanation of every failed upload during the current play session - so be sure to get any information that you need from these logs before you close the game. Some examples of potential reasons why an upload might fail include:
- the user has not properly accepted the Steam Workshop ToS
- the user's preview image for the Resource Pack is too large
- the user's internet connection has been lost, or they have lost connection with Steam

Modifying Your Content on the Steam Workshop Page

Once your content has been successfully published through Terraria, you can now view your published content via the Steam Workshop page itself.

From the Terraria Workshop page, look on the right side for your avatar and a link that says "Your Workshop Files". This will take you to your personalized Content page, filtered specifically for Terraria content. You can also access this page more directly by simply going to your user content page on Steam and selecting "Workshop" - though this will show all Workshop content tied to your account across all games that you own on Steam, rather than being limited to only Terraria content.

You now see all of your currently published Workshop files, and if you click on one of them, you will have access to a number of related features. Remember those additional customization options that we mentioned earlier? This is where you will find all of these options, each incredibly useful not only towards making/maintaining the best content possible, but also making sure that your content stands out from the pile for other players. This is the “cover” of your content here – so we really encourage everyone to take the time to make this as accurate and attractive as possible (as we have suggested in earlier steps).

View attachment 313964

Features available on your Workshop page for each content item that you have uploaded include, but are not limited to:

- A description page, which can be updated with a full description of your choosing
- A dedicated discussion forum for your content
- A comments page
- A changelog page for updates you've made
- A variety of metrics and rating system information for Workshop files
- An option to change the name of the content (it uses the file name of the uploaded item by default)
- Options to attach additional screenshots or even videos to demonstrate your content in action
- A visibility toggle (the same as the visibility option you set when publishing)

We encourage you to explore the full options available on the Workshop page, as there is a ton of potential for content creators to utilize here to make their content really pop and to create a community and following all your own!

Updating Your Workshop Content

If at any point, you've made changes to your World or Resource Pack, and wish to update what is available for players to download on the Workshop, you will need to republish the content. Don't worry - the process is very simple! All you have to do is follow the same process that you did initially in order to publish the content for a second time, and the new version will replace the original version (without erasing any of its Steam-side information, such as ratings or comments, etc). This update will then be propagated to any users who have subscribed to your content, automatically updating their versions to match the latest and greatest. Note that this will NOT update a user's imported world file, as these are no longer connected to the Workshop system. It will, however, update their Workshop download of the world file, which they can then freely import whenever they desire.

We highly recommend that when you make significant changes to any existing Workshop content, you provide a changelog note on the file's content page. This is a good best practice to follow, as it lets your subscribers know what to expect and gets them excited for what's new.

I have tried to update my TexturePack but it creates a whole new item on the Steam Workshop showing my author stats dropped back to 0. I deleted my previous TexturePack folder and replaced it with a new one because I thought that's how it worked. Little did I know there was a workshop.json file in there which presumably had my publicity score in it? I want to know if there's a way to update the pack without the json, or will I have to start over with 0 publicity?

Damn there is so much in packed into that "All Localizations.csv"!
^.^

sadly there is something i could not find, the random names Townies are given when they spawn (and respawn)
would they not had need to be translated for non-latin Alphabet like Serbian and Hanzi?
or am i just missing something?
<.<;

Apparently, only SOME of the Town NPCs use the Localization system for their names, mostly some of the newer ones (I think its everyone since Tavernkeep, including Town Pets).

The rest of them have a hardcoded list of names that is not found in the Localization files.

I'm having an issue with getting a music pack to work. I have made the root folder, and called it MyResourcePack for simplicity. I then made the Content folder inside of the MyResourcePack folder alongside the pack.json file. I then made the Music folder inside of the Content folder. Then I placed a music file which I named Music_50.mp3 in the Music folder. I started the game and enabled the file, but nothing changed. I also tried renaming the music file to Music_51.mp3 instead, no change. This is a test pack but I still can't get it to work. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Apparently, only SOME of the Town NPCs use the Localization system for their names, mostly some of the newer ones (I think its everyone since Tavernkeep, including Town Pets).

The rest of them have a hardcoded list of names that is not found in the Localization files.
Ah that was what i was afraid of...
:/

So Tavernkeep and Beyond is: Tavernkeep, Golfer, Zoologist, and the Pets. not that many
Assume people on steam will still believe my Gender-bend Townies to be Transgender or crossdressing
<.<;

Switching the names like from Daniel to Daniela for the Guide, would have been neat.

Thanks for the answer though!
^.~

Ah that was what i was afraid of...

So Tavernkeep and Beyond is: Tavernkeep, Golfer, Zoologist, and the Pets. not that many
Assume people on steam will still believe my Gender-bend Townies to be Transgender or crossdressing
<.<;

Switching the names like from Daniel to Daniela for the Guide, would have been neat.

Thanks for the answer though!
^.~

Princess as well, but otherwise, you got it.

I'm discussing with Yoraiz0r about the plausibility of updating them to the modern system, but some of this naming goes back to reaaaally old code so it will depend on workload and consequences as to whether we can do it or not.

I'm having an issue with getting a music pack to work. I have made the root folder, and called it MyResourcePack for simplicity. I then made the Content folder inside of the MyResourcePack folder alongside the pack.json file. I then made the Music folder inside of the Content folder. Then I placed a music file which I named Music_50.mp3 in the Music folder. I started the game and enabled the file, but nothing changed. I also tried renaming the music file to Music_51.mp3 instead, no change. This is a test pack but I still can't get it to work. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Would it be possible for you to screencap your folder's directory path here? The bar at the top that shows the order of folders leading to the current folder.

It would tell the most information if you take it from the Music folder itself. :)

I'm discussing with Yoraiz0r about the plausibility of updating them to the modern system, but some of this naming goes back to reaaaally old code so it will depend on workload and consequences as to whether we can do it or not.
Oh snap your right i did forgot to mention Her...
<.<;

Ouh!, that would be lovely!, here's to hoping it goes smoothly!
^.^

I'm trying to make a workshop mod to give the player black sclera by default and I'm certain the sprite to edit this is "Player_0_1".

I used TConvert to get this file as a png, edited it in Photoshop, then packaged the re-converted xnb file in "ResourcePacks\Black Sclera\Content\Images" with the same name and it's not showing up in-game like my previous 3 sound mods. Is there something I'm not understanding?

Last edited:

Would it be possible for you to screencap your folder's directory path here? The bar at the top that shows the order of folders leading to the current folder.

It would tell the most information if you take it from the Music folder itself. :)
Sure, here it is (also the name of the music file itself is currently changed to 1 instead of 50 like I had it before but I think I changed that last night just before I went to bed)

Screenshot 2021-04-08 153615.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-08 153615.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-08 153615.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 78
I'm trying to make a workshop mod to give the player black sclera by default and I'm certain the sprite to edit this is "Player_0_1".

I used TConvert to get this file as a png, edited it in Photoshop, then packaged the re-converted xnb file in "ResourcePacks\Black Sclera\Content\Images" with the same name and it's not showing up in-game like my previous 3 sound mods. Is there something I'm not understanding?

Attached the whole file if anyone wants to pick through it.
I had a look at your pack. and i found the issue.
you were missing a line in the .json code
Code:
 "Version": {
Worked just fine when i fixed it!
Here is the fixed .json code for you
^.~

JSON:
{
    "Name": "Black Sclera",
    "Author": "Polarctico",
    "Description": "Replaces the white of your eyes to black, cause humanity is overrated.",
    "Version": {
        "major": 1,
        "minor": 0
    }
}

Back
Top Bottom