Official The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop

I made a workshop entry, but I accidently deleted the world that the workshop page was synced to. I tried downloading a copy from the workshop and publishing it, but that made a whole new workshop page. I can't update my workshop world anymore. How can I fix this problem?

How do i make a font pack? i've ised dynamicfontgenerator to get my ttf file into xnb, but the xnb file is just the font.xnb . How do i make that znb file into those 6 required for the game?

Hello, quick question, how do I find the a dust particle I want to modify? (Nettle Burst) Do any of you know which it is, or do I just try 'em all?

This is the Dust File I'm using (Without the pallette), tried going to Piskel to see if I could just replace the nettle burst colors but uh, I do not think it worked, because ingame it doesn't work.

Attachments

• Dust.png
    Dust.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 104
Hello everyone, I have been trying to make a texture pack but I keep running into the problem of not knowing which sprite to edit/replace. I've been looking for the sprite of the teleporter animation (the little glowy dots it makes around you when you use one) for a while to no avail. I know there is the sprite spreadsheet, but while it has a lot of good info for helping with making texture packs it is missing a lot of descriptions of what the sprites are. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of a resource that will better help me (and anyone who's making a texture pack) find sprites? (I just saw DarkTheGuyFromDiscord's post and I'm thinking the teleporter animation is probably in that sprite, Dust.png, but again which part of it?)

Sorry, can't help you. I asked someone and he tried looking into the code and says that dust is coded in, so perhaps that's it for the Teleporter too...
This is untrue, I’ve tried replacing the dust image with a blank one and all dust was removed, no exceptions. I unfortunately don’t know which dust is used for the teleport particles though. Perhaps try replacing ones of similar color until you get it right?

This is untrue, I’ve tried replacing the dust image with a blank one and all dust was removed, no exceptions. I unfortunately don’t know which dust is used for the teleport particles though. Perhaps try replacing ones of similar color until you get it right?
Oh, well I am sorry I wasn't right. But uh, I'll have to check in with that friend to see why he told me the dust thing...

Yeah, I tried erasing all the dust images and it worked but I'll probably have to manually test each section to find the right one if I want to erase just the teleport effect. Thanks for trying to help!

is it possible to resprite the ghosts for when hardcore players die? (like, getting rid of the sprite entirely)

About the fact that this post says that Aseprite is paid, you can actually compile it from the Github source code for free using Microsoft Visual C++, downloaded from Visual Studio. I did this and it looks like all the features are avaliable.

is it possible to resprite the ghosts for when hardcore players die? (like, getting rid of the sprite entirely)
You probably can, the png for the hardcore ghost is just "ghost.png" it's 176 pixels tall and 34 pixels wide. To get rid of it entirely just save a blank png, that big, as ghost.png and put it in your texture pack.

I made a workshop entry, but I accidently deleted the world that the workshop page was synced to. I tried downloading a copy from the workshop and publishing it, but that made a whole new workshop page. I can't update my workshop world anymore. How can I fix this problem?
I am stuck in the same boat, unable to update an existing workshop item (map). When following the instructions to update workshop content, steam/terraria is still creating a new workshop item instead of updating the existing. Anyone figure this one out?

UPDATE - I figured it out. The file name of the world had changed, I put a "_Release" on it, once taking that off I was able to re-publish successfully.

Last edited:
i seem to be having a problem making a music pack. using this video as i guide, i followed it 1:1 but it won't work for me for some reason. i enable the pack, but there's no change.
do i have to upload to the workshop for it to work for some reason? or does the type of music file (all of them are .mp3) matter? i just don't know what i'm doing wrong

Dude, this is fantastic, in the early days it was a pain in the :red: to convert the xnb to png and viceversa and having no idea if it was the correct file, but now it only requires an image, making a texture pack has never been more easy; well... you know, ignoring the mess of the "images" folder.

I'm encountering an issue with updating my texture pack, I want to update it but It just posts a second one, I deleted the previously created folder with the workshop file in it, is there any way to update it now?

Hey, is TExtract updated yet? If this is dumb then sorry, had a custom painting on NeoTexturas and it's (logically) not working.
For TExtract you should ask the Creator of it.
wink.gif

(From what i can see it it have not been updated since 2016, Your having issues with it?)

Regrading the Painting, if your Using "Tiles_242" you need to update it as 4 new Paintings were added to it from the "Don't Starve" in the 1.4.3 Collaboration update.
It was updated among a 9 other files and 113 new texture/sprite files in the update.
And the Dimensions changed from 214x1942 to 216x1944, +2 to both Width and Hight.
So i suggest you update your extracted .png's
wink.gif

As Terraria 1.4.3 or 1.4.3.1, Won't Load this texture unless it is 216x1944 px
tongue.png

yeah ik i meant if anyone had the updated files or anything, but thanks dude!
ill add the height and the paintings since it's not hard

EDIT: btw, if you have done it, ofc, could you send it yourself so i don't mess things up 😅

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom