Official The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation And Use For The Terraria Workshop

I use OpenOffice Calc, and if you click the little text field at the top and then hit shift + enter, you can add a new line in csv files. Not sure about other spreadsheet programs though I assume there's similar tricks for those.
Thank you so much! I just came back to say in a text editor creating a new line in the text (pressing enter) makes it work!
- For example in the file I have typed:
ItemTooltip.GuideVoodooDoll,".....
'You are evil' "

- Ingame it comes up as:
'You are evil'

Hope these posts help others experiencing the same thing! :)

Hey @DanThePwnda, sorry for the delay on the response here!

While we were cleaning up the other resources for the thread today, I asked the artists to correct the issue you pointed out, and have updated the thread with the new zip file (which can be found here)

Appreciate the attention to detail and report!
Damn, didn't actually expect to get a response after! Thanks man! :happy:

Is there any way to possibly change npc names or switch specific names out for new names?
If there is I would love to know how to please. `:)

@Leinfors not to bother you, but,
Is there a way to rearrange the weapon modifiers so that they're after the item, or are they stuck as prefixes?
It says that languages with grammatical gender have the modifier in parentheses at the end, is that hard-coded for those specific languages?

Last edited:
@Leinfors not to bother you, but,
Is there a way to rearrange the weapon modifiers so that they're after the item, or are they stuck as prefixes?
It says that languages with grammatical gender have the modifier in parentheses at the end, is that hard-coded for those specific languages?

Do you mean changing it to do this in English?

ik this is an old thread at this point but i was wondering if it could be possible to resize sprites through the use of texture packs?
like not change the projectile it actually creates, but just the sprite? i made a lot of pixel art a while ago and i was curious to see if i could implement it into terraria but found that the specific dimensions of the items i wanted to resprite barely fit the sprites i made

I have tried to create a language pack in order to edit the text in the game, and followed your instructions precisely. However, the text I have changed does not show up in the game. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I have only changed the text of some of the achievements. I am using the provided CSV file in Microsoft Excel, and have tModLoader.

So, are only certain music tracks able to be replaced on TModLoader? because Im trying to replace the main day theme, however, whenever it attempts to play it in game, the game lags severely, after a few seconds turns off the music, and then if I turn it back on, nothing has changed. I mean, Im assuming that the turning off the music thing is a fail safe of some sort to keep the game from crashing, but it doesnt seem to be replacing it. Btw, yes I am using a .mp3 file, and yes it is the right name. And I was able to replace the Underworld theme perfectly fine, however the Overworld Day and Ice themes dont get replaced.
Edit: figured it out, it was the file size, I was able to lower the file size and it worked
Edit again: nvm that wasnt it

Last edited:
Yes, I am working on the English file. Is it possible to change it so that I could do this in English?
I did eventually figure out that it is hard-coded to put the modifier afterward if it is placed inside of parentheses.
This is fine, as even if I could place it afterward without parentheses, it would still not follow the grammar of the language I'm translating it to.
(If you are curious, I'm translating Terraria into Toki Pona.)

Sorry if this is a dumb problem, but I can’t seem to change sprite textures. I was following the guide and was changing the texture of the logo to see if it worked. The game recognizes the resource pack and I can enable it but nothing changes. I changed the name of the logo to Logo.png and enabled the pack but nothing happens. I downloaded the basic testing pack and put it in my resource packs folder but nothing is changing. my end goal is to change the texture of a vanity set but before that I need to fix this. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Edit: At this point can I just give someone the sprites and they make it into a resource pack, I can't take it anymore!!!!

Last edited:
I attempted to follow a guide that informed me to do the same things as this guide here, however the pack refuses to appear. I have put in a content folder and a pack.json folder with the correct information, yet the list in game is blank.
Edit: I have found the culprit. It was issues with saving in the program the json file editor had. It's fixed now.

Last edited:
Is there a list for all of the language keys since I want to be able to edit death screen messages but there is no list for any keys

Is there a list for all of the language keys since I want to be able to edit death screen messages but there is no list for any keys

I assume these are what your looking for?:
en-US - English (American English)
de-DE - German
it-IT - Italian
fr-FR - French
es-ES - Spanish
ru-RU - Russian
zh-Hans - Chinese (Simplified)
pt-BR - Brazilian Portuguese
pl-PL - Polish

I assume these are what your looking for?:
en-US - English (American English)
de-DE - German
it-IT - Italian
fr-FR - French
es-ES - Spanish
ru-RU - Russian
zh-Hans - Chinese (Simplified)
pt-BR - Brazilian Portuguese
pl-PL - Polish
Sorry but this isn't what I am looking for.
I am looking for a list that for keys such as ItemName and ItemTooltip

Sorry but this isn't what I am looking for.
I am looking for a list that for keys such as ItemName and ItemTooltip
Oooh!

For that you'll need the "All Localization.csv" which is attached at the bottom of the Thread Starter.

It have all the Entries for Item Names, Item Descriptions* and much more. on a Row of it's own
(* if they have one, you can't add one to one that doesn't exist.)
Followed by the original Localization entries for each countries listed above.
So you have a much easier to finding it with Ctrl+F
^.~

You can open as a plain text file in Notepad, though I'll recommend getting Notepad++

Oooh!

For that you'll need the "All Localization.csv" which is attached at the bottom of the Thread Starter.

It have all the Entries for Item Names, Item Descriptions* and much more. on a Row of it's own
^.~

You can open as a plain text file in Notepad, though I'll recommend getting Notepad++
Or a spreadsheet program. I personally recommend LibreOffice Calc, which is the one I use along with Writer for text documents.

Oooh!

^.~

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom