Sprites The Underground Sea

Beautiful suggestion. I almost stop myself from calling this 'the Underwater.'
While reading this, I thought of the perfect music for this biome:
Also, I would almost recommend a biome key for this, since the Ocean is a more important place than it originally seems. Good stuff overall, I support.

Beautiful suggestion. I almost stop myself from calling this 'the Underwater.'
While reading this, I thought of the perfect music for this biome:
Also, I would almost recommend a biome key for this, since the Ocean is a more important place than it originally seems. Good stuff overall, I support.
I like the music, although it is a little too upbeat for the darker theme of this biome. And I guess I could make a biome key?

I have a small idea of what the Ocean's biome chest would contain. It would be an accessory that puts a decently-sized bubble shield around the player, about the size of a low-health King Slime maybe. This would slow enemy projectiles that come into its range by a nice amount, allowing you more time to dodge. Maybe this could also lengthen underwater breathing and/or make you float more towards the surface of the water. But at least the projectile slowing.
Not sure what I would call it, I'm trying to avoid calling it the Aqua Ring for the sake of Pokemon references...

I just made a suggestion to the name of the biome chest item that @scientistB suggested. Then you asked me for a sprite and since it's a sphere I decided to think it's appearance can be like souls in 1.2(in inventory). This is almost the best thing I can make... :/
I see now, but it probably would have been better to quote the comment. xP

This is amazing! I hope that this is added into terraria in future updates!

I'm really looking foward to having that axolotl in my tree house `;)

Sorry about the fact that I am super late on this and bumped the thread :sigh:

Now I am here, and now I am delighted about the idea of undeground sea, full of darkness, kelps and monsters. And the potion is really good idea also.

The Underground Sea has been updated! Here is a changelog of all my updates to the thread.
  • Made seaweed and items with seaweed grimier and less disgustingly colorful and saturated.
  • Redid the abyssal stone sprite. It looks great now, instead of just being poorly recolored stone.
  • Made the murky slime grimier.
  • Improved minor linework in the ultimate diving gear.
I also improved on countless bits of grammar to make the text in certain areas flow smoother.

Hmm It has potential but I don't feel like it has a consistent theme they way it is now.

The aquatic inhabitants are from a mix match of environments and eras with kinda seems strange to me. Personally I think it might be more cohesive if you chose between prehistoric or deed sea or surface as right now it feels like neither. To be honest my own suggestion was also kinda guilty of that by trying to force three separate zones so I can see how you ended up with a situation like that. (part of this might also be me setting my expectations too high as when it mentioned prehistoric I though it would be all ancient ocean creatures rather than just one...

I am almost certainly biased as I have my own variation of ocean suggestion but I feel there should be a smother transition between the real ocean and any underground ocean biomes. That said you certainly have better loot ideas than I could come up with with my 1.2 based suggestion. Actually to be honest I am starting to feel that there should be two different ocean biomes one snow/dungeon side and the other desert/jungle side. This feels more like a snow/dungeon side ocean sugestion

I want this to happen to expand the thrower...

Make the Thrower a legimate class... But make it an expert mode only class, mostly to add one more pillar that's completely evil... Called Multiverse Pillar, that the attacks for it would be like.. Essentially all non homing projectile weapons that the player has, or if swords are in it, stuff like Terrablade with be thrown around with the same DAMAGE OUTPUT, mimicing the same attacks... But throwers can counter it, fight fire with fire.

I want this to happen to expand the thrower...

Make the Thrower a legimate class... But make it an expert mode only class, mostly to add one more pillar that's completely evil... Called Multiverse Pillar, that the attacks for it would be like.. Essentially all non homing projectile weapons that the player has, or if swords are in it, stuff like Terrablade with be thrown around with the same DAMAGE OUTPUT, mimicing the same attacks... But throwers can counter it, fight fire with fire.
I always thought the Thrower one would be called the Comet Pillar, and would basically be like a bullet hell.

I always thought the Thrower one would be called the Comet Pillar, and would basically be like a bullet hell.
That would be badass actually.. I feel thrower would be the hardest out of the bunch.. Bullet hell oh yes. .:D
Make it sort of the opposite of the solar and them mimicing your attacks, so if got bullet weapons.. They will use the same bullets allowing it to be the hardest for expert mode only.. I feel the thrower's pillar would be expert mode only mostly to make sure that portion can be remembered.. A ninja NPC and Demolition Man will require selling new items for it, and try to combine classes like Fisher and Miner with it, mostly alternate headpieces like the Spectre armor, but people will still like it...

I feel Terraria realisticly should have a consumbles based class due to the items don't do enough credit for an unused class.. Hell this would work legitmately, to make this class unique similar to the Summoner.

The summoner isn't the same as the mage, yet do damage and use mana.. Thrower from concept is hard to pull off, but would work as a class challange... Be a fun extra class as a fifth to make it a veteran player dream class to play as. Something different, something that is themed with as much bullets and attacks as possible.

something that i think you should know about- thorium mod adds something similar too your suggestions, at least- a biome located underneath one of the worlds oceans. whats neat is that standing in air will continuously damage you until you become submerged, so having a way to breath under water is essential- thorium mod adds some neat ways to breath underwater. i think its something sorta similar too what u are suggesting.

Back
Top Bottom