Sprites The Underground Sea

How did I miss this before? But no matter. I'm here now, so I can support. :)

The underground sea is a biome that can be found underneath one of the world's oceans. The biome is approximately 300 blocks across, 150 blocks tall, and filled 3/5 with water. Water droplet blocks generate on every block of this biome's ceiling, causing lots of water to appear to drip down
I like the general design of the underground sea. Dripping water, stalactites and seaweed - all good. But 300 * 150 blocks is really small - it feels more like a lake than a sea. Try measuring it out to see what I mean, and check if you think it's big enough. I also think it should be more oval-shaped, with smoother left/right edges.

Ocean water is kept out by a background wall that generates behind abyssal stone. It can only be broken by a luminite hamaxe (or The Axe).
This feels too complicated. I think the Abyssal Stone + Molten Pickaxe is enough. Having said that, please don't completely enclose the sea with Abyssal Stone. Leave at least one edge open with sand, stone and mud so that pre-hardmode players can still visit! (Yes, Molten Pickaxe is pre-hardmode, but anyone mining hellstone is probably about to progress to hardmode. Perhaps make it about on tier with the Jungle or Dungeon.)

Seaweed slowing the player down + growing Coralstone are good! Axolotl too - I'm very much a collector of critters. Do we get a Gold Axolotl to go with it?

Fang Necklace (maybe Fangtooth Necklace?) is a good idea. Not so sure about the Wetsuit - how does it compare to the Diving Gear? The Rejuvenation Band is an interesting concept. I can see players trying to use this to make new farming strategies. But how powerful is the effect? E.g. same as standing in honey?

you edit a bright cyan glow
Slight typo; I think you mean "emit".
Rejuvination Band
Another slight typo; "Rejuvenation".

I assume all references to "Murk Chest" in Misc. should say Rusty Chest? Or is there a typo in the Rusty Chest name?

One final suggestion: How about making the Underground Sea spawn somewhere in the Cavern layer, under the ocean opposite the Dungeon? There's a risk the Jungle, a pyramid or evil biome will clash with it, but then again, there's the risk a pyramid, an evil biome or Ocean will overwrite the Dungeon too. We're running out of space to cram in more stuff. :)

So, "When underwater, you edit a bright cyan glow".
Is That Supposed To Be "Emit"?
Also, Can Abyssal Stone Be Blown Up?
By The Way, I Love This. Just Gonna Go Ahead And Support.

So, "When underwater, you edit a bright cyan glow".
Is That Supposed To Be "Emit"?
Also, Can Abyssal Stone Be Blown Up?
By The Way, I Love This. Just Gonna Go Ahead And Support.
Autocorrect loves to mess with certain words. I'll fix it.

And no, abyssal stone can't be blown up.

Reactions: Bry
How did I miss this before? But no matter. I'm here now, so I can support. :)

I like the general design of the underground sea. Dripping water, stalactites and seaweed - all good. But 300 * 150 blocks is really small - it feels more like a lake than a sea. Try measuring it out to see what I mean, and check if you think it's big enough. I also think it should be more oval-shaped, with smoother left/right edges.

This feels too complicated. I think the Abyssal Stone + Molten Pickaxe is enough. Having said that, please don't completely enclose the sea with Abyssal Stone. Leave at least one edge open with sand, stone and mud so that pre-hardmode players can still visit! (Yes, Molten Pickaxe is pre-hardmode, but anyone mining hellstone is probably about to progress to hardmode. Perhaps make it about on tier with the Jungle or Dungeon.)

Seaweed slowing the player down + growing Coralstone are good! Axolotl too - I'm very much a collector of critters. Do we get a Gold Axolotl to go with it?

Fang Necklace (maybe Fangtooth Necklace?) is a good idea. Not so sure about the Wetsuit - how does it compare to the Diving Gear? The Rejuvenation Band is an interesting concept. I can see players trying to use this to make new farming strategies. But how powerful is the effect? E.g. same as standing in honey?

Slight typo; I think you mean "emit".

Another slight typo; "Rejuvenation".

I assume all references to "Murk Chest" in Misc. should say Rusty Chest? Or is there a typo in the Rusty Chest name?

One final suggestion: How about making the Underground Sea spawn somewhere in the Cavern layer, under the ocean opposite the Dungeon? There's a risk the Jungle, a pyramid or evil biome will clash with it, but then again, there's the risk a pyramid, an evil biome or Ocean will overwrite the Dungeon too. We're running out of space to cram in more stuff. :)

Sorry I never really read this.

I will increase the underground sea size to 450 - 250. Not really sure about the shape, I think it's okay as-is.

Also, I don't think that the underground sea should be open in any way because it needs to have the abyssal background walls to prevent the water flowing in/out. Plus, its meant to be post-molten.

I'll sprite a gold axolotl. ;)

I will change the fang tooth necklace name, modify the wetsuit, and be more specific about the rejuv band.

Fixed typos.

I thought I changed all "murk chests" to "rusty chests" but I'll go through it again.

I'll say that the underground sea will spawn slightly lower and only on the side of the world the jungle is at.

Very noice! The only change I've got right now is to add a ranged weapon to the rusted chests. (preferably something effective against WOF since beenades are throwing now)

Personally I think Abyssal stone should be combustible, as other biomes with "unminable" blocks share that trait. Corruption, Crimson, etc.

Also, it may have already been asked, why does the plesiosaur drop "Quicksilver?"

Personally I think Abyssal stone should be combustible, as other biomes with "unminable" blocks share that trait. Corruption, Crimson, etc.

Also, it may have already been asked, why does the plesiosaur drop "Quicksilver?"
Abyssal stone is meant to be incombustible because... well.. it is.

And why do plesiosaurs drop quicksilver? I don't know! :D

Back
Top Bottom