NPCs & Enemies The United States of Planterica has awoken!

Bry

Steampunker
So this was spawned from a joke status someone made, primarily because I have too much time to waste.
Someone wanted a Plantera of the United States of America, and I delivered without thinking if it was a good idea.
I then went too far with it, and now it's a suggestion.
I'm SORRY; I just couldn't pass up this opportunity.
If the new stats seem bunk, don't worry; I scrapped this up in like three days, so stats are definitely going to be wonky.

PLANTERICA
Plantera wanted to celebrate the Fourth, so it paid the Painter in Chlorophyte Green Paint to make the BEST USA flag the world has ever SEEN!
It was not disappointed.
Planterica fights differently than Plantera, has different stats, inflicts a crap ton of different debuffs, and is now ok with fighting on the overground Jungle. It also doesn't damage the Painter NPC, because that'd be pretty mean when you consider what he did for it.

Planterica can only be fought on the 4th of July. Summoned in the same manner as usual.
Phase 1
INuWY9Y.png

Red Stats are for Expert Mode.
55 | 80 (Contact)
80 | 116 (Planterocket
7iUbS6E.png
)
60 |
87 (Poison Planterocket [Missing sprite; do this soon, me])
100 |
160 (Star Ball
ICcHz19.png
)
35 |
46 (Ale Spray [Missing sprite; will come in due time])
66 |
96 (Hook
YAMqK9R.png
)
HP: 40776 | 57086
Defense: 10
KB Resistance: 99%
Planterockets inflict On Fire! (20%) for 8-12 |
12-16 seconds. The Poison Planterockets also inflict Poisoned (100%) for 15-30 | 20-40 seconds.
The Star Ball (assuming it actually hits) inflicts Dazed (100% |
50%) for 2.5 | 5 seconds, and the Ale Spray inflicts Tipsy (100%) for 30-60 seconds | 1-2 minutes.
Immune to Poisoned, Venom, and Confused.
So, Planterica has devised a bunch of new attacks to celebrate this revered Day of Independence, which are all very flashy and in the spirit of festivities!
Its melee attack remains the same. If you were paying attention, though, you'll notice that it and its claws DO deal 10% more damage.
Yeah, Plantera's drunk as :red:. Or I guess I should say "Tipsy". Its defense is also lower as a result.

Instead of (Poison) Seeds, Planterica now fires Planterockets, which are fireworks that fly right where you were when they were fired and then explode with a slightly larger radius than a Bomb. They also explode upon hitting a block, but they go through blocks when you're playing in Expert mode, so that might be a moot point. When Planterica reaches 80% HP, it'll start firing Poison Planterockets, that, well, poison you.
Its Spike Balls are now Star Balls, which... are just Spike Balls, with even less spikes. That would be good news for you, but, uh, the spikes aren't the most painful part of the ball anymore; that's why "Spike" got replaced with "Star". When you touch the Star Balls, they explode, causing a huge star explosion that deals massive damage to anyone nearby and probably Dazing everyone in the blast, making you a lot more susceptible to follow-up hits.
Star Balls are always spit directly upwards, and will always bounce in place. They'll lose a spike for every bounce, automatically exploding after bouncing without spikes.

This next attack's a new one by me. Planterica will slowly cough up a bottle of ale from its mouth hole and begin FIRING ale at you. It's a lot more comedic than it sounds, and it temporarily stops the Planterockets from assaulting you, so honestly, it's pretty great. What kinda makes up for that, though, is the fact that you'll get Tipsy for a minute or two if you're splashed by it, which, while upping your damage output, makes you TAKE more damage, too.
PlAnTEra's hAd a LIttlE tOO mUCh to dRInK. Its tentacles move so sloppily that they might lose their grip and FALL, causing Planterica to stumble quite a bit. This SOUNDS like it'd be good for you, but I honestly think this is just gonna throw you off a LOT.
Phase 2
gx7Xfgp.png

77 | 107 (Contact)
50 | 62 (Star Spore
flOqIvr.png
)
66 |
96 (Hook
YAMqK9R.png
)
38 |
55 (Hook Sparks [Missing sprite; this one' a bit complicated])
45 |
60 (Tentacles
V0zSCOK.png
)
HP: 20388/40776 | 28543/57086
Defense: -4
KB Resistance: 98%
Contact inflicts you with Tipsy (100%) for 30 |
60 seconds.
Star Spores will inflict Stunned (100%) for 0.25 seconds, regardless of difficulty.
The Sparkler Hooks inflict On Fire! (100%) for 12-18 |
16-24 seconds, but their sparks inflict it for 8-12 | 12-18 seconds.
Still immune to Poisoned, Venom and Confused.
Upon moving on to Phase 2, Planterica launches 4 Poison Planterockets in an X formation (Planterica's orientation applies to the rockets).
A couple of new attacks are introduced, and a few from before are changed:

Planterica's melee attack now inflicts Tipsy for 30 seconds. The Ale Spray attack is gone now, so this is the only way you're getting your fill of Ale (which is a much more questionable way of getting it).
Planterica no longer fires Planterockets or Star Balls, which is a welcome change.
The spores Planterica usually fires are replaced with Star Spores, which function COMPLETELY differently. Planterica'll cough up around thirty Star Spores at a time, sending them upwards offscreen; after two seconds, they'll start raining down on you through blocks, one to three at a time. They can be taken out in one hit, but if you mess it up and get hit by one of them, you'll be Stunned for a fraction of a second, which more so serves to trip you up than anything else. They won't trigger invincibility frames, meaning that these can screw up narrow dodges, or just chain-stun you if you're unlucky enough to have, like, four stars all flying through the same point (which, honestly, should be LUCKY for you. Learn how to attack or dodge, damnit).
The cough-up would probably just be visual, and the stars would just individually spawn over a random player until thirty or whatever stars have spawned.

Planterica's turned its Claws into SPARKLERS, which is impressive for SEVERAL reasons. One of the more painful ones is that it expands the Claws' hitboxes by quite a bit while ALSO sending spark balls in random directions, which can ALL ignite you.
Finally, the Tentacles move a little slower and don't really track you down. They can move out a lot farther, though.
...Yeah, I had the idea, originally, to have them spit more Star Spores at you, but that just seemed like a bit too much.

Drops:
Gold_Coin.png

The Axe (4th of July-exclusive paint job)
Firework Cannon
8Wf7PJL.png
(Replaces Grenade Launcher)
Planterocket
zw6ahLa.png
99 - 249 (Replaces Rocket I)
Star Shooter
egdF3n9.png
(Replaces Venus Magnum)
Firecracker
jWxBwLQ.png
49 - 149 (Replaces Nettle Burst)
Glow Rod
ijBYo6r.png
(Replaces Leaf Blower)
Suppressed State
VhVzwBN.png
(Replaces Flower Pow)
Firefly Gun
p80hcFR.png
(Replaces Wasp Gun)
American Chopper
722sdpC.png
(Replaces the Seedler)

New Planterica Drops
Firework Cannon
8Wf7PJL.png

This weapon is a pioneer the first of its kind.
Hold the attack button and your Terrarian will hold the box over their head and start launching Firework Rockets directly upwards in volleys of 3; after ascending ~10 blocks, the rockets begin plummeting down to earth. The rockets explode upon hitting blocks or enemies, and each rocket type inflicts different things:
• Every Firework Rocket has a 80% chance of inflicting On Fire! for 8-12 seconds and a 20% chance of inflicting Burning for 1-1.5 seconds.
• Red inflicts Stunned for 0.5 seconds.
• Yellow inflicts Dazed for 2 seconds.
• Blue inflicts Confused for 5 seconds.
• Green inflicts Slow for 3 seconds.
• And the Planterocket inflicts Poisoned for a whopping 30 seconds.
Now that you know all that, also keep in mind that fired rockets are affected by wind.
Type: Weapon
Damage: 80 (Ranged)
Knockback: None
CRIT Chance: 20%
Use Time: 20 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 15
Rarity:
Cyan
Sell: 5

Planterocket
zw6ahLa.png

Dropped in groups of 99 to 249.
Hey look, it's a fifth Firework type! Neato!
It flies a little faster than the other rockets, but it also doesn't ascend as much as the other rockets when fired from the Firework Cannon. This rocket can Poison any enemies it hits along with the potential to set enemies On Fire, and it has an increased 10% chance of Burning enemies.
Explodes into various star shapes and formations.
Type: Furniture / Mechanism
Damage: 120
Placeable: Yep
Dimensions: 1 x 2
Use Time: 14 (Very Fast)
Inflicts Poison (100% chance, for 30 seconds), On Fire (80% chance, 8-12 seconds), and Burning (30% chance, 1-1.5 seconds)
Rarity: Lime
Sell:

Booth Beater Gun
egdF3n9.png

It may not look like much, but this gun is the fastest THING in the game, with a Use Time of two. As you'd expect, though, this thing doesn't do very much damage, BUUUUT that's offset by the fact that all bullets shot from this thing shred through ALL enemies in a crowd. That's right; bullets from this gun can pierce INFINITELY. They ALSO gain an extreme velocity boost!
They won't do a whole lot of damage, but your critical chance is high.

Damage: 26 (Ranged)
Knockback: 2.2 (Very Weak)
CRIT Chance: 14%
Use Time: 2 (Insanely Fast)
Velocity: 11
Extra Updates: 4
Tooltip: Shoot for the stars. You might win a prize!
Rarity:
Cyan

Firecracker
jWxBwLQ.png

Dropped in groups of 49-149, and can be bought from the Merchant once one is already in possession.
This little thing is a baby boom, with an explosion radius of only 2 blocks. The explosion is quite stunning, though; you'll be immobilized for a second on a hit, and you'll be Dazed for a couple seconds afterwards. Don't toss them haphazardly; they explode upon hitting an enemy, a block, a player, or even an NPC. They'll even explode if they hit the ground after being tossed as an item so maybe be a little careful with these things.
Damage: 34 (Throwing)
Knockback: 1.5 (Extremely Weak)
CRIT Chance: 10%
Use Time: 43 (Very Slow)
Velocity: 6.75
Tooltip: It's only fun if you aim at somebody
Inflicts Dazed (100% chance, 2-3 seconds) and Stunned (70% chance, 1 second)
Rarity:
Light Red
Buy: 7 50
Sell: 1 50

Glowva Wand
ijBYo6r.png

This thing is a really fun magic weapon.
The Glowva wand swings around you in a circle, creating a red, white and blue ring that stays in place and damages anything that touches it. You can create up to five rings at a time, and each will last 20 seconds. When you use Alt-fire, you'll summon a large shooting star for each light ring, which each fly to their ring and cause an explosion the size of the ring that deals—get this—TEN times the amount that the rings do. That's actually the BASE damage; the rings only deal 10% damage and knockback.
Attacking will cause the Glowva Wand to light up, cycling between a red, blue and white glow. This, and the rings it creates, light up the area around you.
Oh yeah, one little tip: the stars can be reflected before they reach the ring. God forbid you Nova-strike a jumping Selenian.
Damage: 400 (Magic)
Knockback: 10 (Extremely Strong)
Mana: 1 (each ring eats 1 mana per second while active; summoning the stars eats 3 mana each and stops the rings' mana consumption)
CRIT Chance: 0%; can't crit
Use Time: 20 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 11
Tooltip: Use Primary fire to summon rings of light

Alt fire sends incredibly powerful shooting stars to attack anything inside the rings
Rarity: Cyan

Suppressed State
VhVzwBN.png
E3KRf02.png

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T LISTEN TO US!
...uh
This Flail is really good for crowd control. Every time this flail lands a hit, it loses a spike. It loses all its spikes on the fifth hit, and landing a sixth will detonate the ball. This causes a star-shaped explosion that's almost identical to Planterica's Star Ball, dealing double damage and Dazing every enemy caught in it. You can immediately throw out a new flail
head when the old one explodes, ignoring Use Time entirely.
Damage: 58 (Melee)
Knockback: 5.5 (Average)
CRIT Chance: 4%
Use Time: 45 (Very Slow)
Velocity: 14.3
Inflicts Dazed (100% chance from explosion, 3.75 seconds)
Rarity:
Yellow

Firefly Gun
p80hcFR.png

This is kinda the exact same thing as the Wasp Gun. You fire, and the Fireflies go and bounce off of things a couple of times, maybe hitting an enemy if there are any nearby. But the Fireflies don't pierce at all—instead dealing more damage to a single target—and they inflict Shine for a minute and On Fire! for 10-20 seconds, causing them to glow. The Fireflies themselves also glow like the critters usually do, so this weapon is REALLY good for spelunking underground or just adventuring late at night. Guess I lied; this thing is pretty different from the Wasp Gun.
This weapon also has an upgrade, which we'll get to in a bit. Lemme get through all the Planterica drops, first.
Oh yeah, the Fireflies can swim through water but not honey, though their light will go out, and they can't inflict debuffs.
Damage: 43
Knockback: 0.5 (Extremely Weak)
Mana: 7
CRIT Chance: 5%
Use Time: 13 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 10
Inflicts Shine (100% chance, for 1 minute) and On Fire! (50% chance, for 7-12 seconds)
Rarity:
Yellow
Sell: 10

American Chopper
722sdpC.png
ZAmGktc.png

SO IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THIS LOOKS LIKE A SWASTIKA.
I SWEAR TO GOD, THAT WAS NOT INTENTIONAL.
This is a neat weapon. You hold the attack button down, and you start twirling the flag around, like the Sky Dragon's Fury. Every second that this thing spins, another flag appears behind it. After three seconds, you'll have four flags out, and it'll look like the second sprite. And then you stare in awe as it chops up enemies like butter. Unless you have the Titan Glove on.
Then you'll knock enemies away before you can shred 'em.
Damage: 45 (Melee)
Knockback: 1 (Extremely Weak)
CRIT Chance: 0% (Can be increased with bonuses)
Use Time: 30 (Average)
Tooltip: Who knew flag twirling was this awesome?!
Rarity:
Yellow

Craftable Weapons
Firecracker Rope
4n3Eaof.png
y7ul5xM.png

Crafted with 72 Firecrackers, a Silk Rope Coil, and 20 Ectoplasm at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
...Aaaaaaand this is why I replaced the Nettle Burst with Firecrackers.
This thing.
It acts the same way as the Nettle Burst, summoning an 18-block-long Firecracker rope that goes through blocks and damages enemies. But every time an enemy touches a piece, the piece explodes, sending 3 Firecrackers at random upwards angles. This doesn't sound all that great, but with the amount of explosives sent flying around in crowds, you could rack up some serious damage. Not to mention the fact that each explosion will either Stun or Daze enemies, hindering their movement in a different manner than the Nettle Burst does.
Damage: 34 (Magic)
Knockback: 1.5 (Extremely Weak)
Mana: 15
CRIT Chance: 10%
Use Time: 34 (Slow)
Velocity: 28
Inflicts Dazed (100% chance, 2-3 seconds) and Stunned (70% chance, 1 second)
Tooltip: Summons a line of firecrackers
Rarity:
Yellow

Lightning Bug Gun
33Mn1Wm.png

Crafted with a Firefly Gun, 12 Lightning Bugs,
16 Hallowed Bars and 12 Souls of Light.
These Lightning Bugs pack a bit more punch than the Fireflies do. For one, they inflict Electrified instead of On Fire!. They also zap any adjacent enemies for 60% damage, are a little faster, and inflict Shine for twice as long. But other than that, that's pretty much it.

Damage: 43
Mana: 7
CRIT Chance: 5%
Use Time: 11.5 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 11.5
Inflicts Shine (100% chance, for 2 minutes) and Electrified (50% chance, for 4-6 seconds)

Rarity: Cyan
Sell: 14

Last edited:
Plantericaaaa, :redmunch: yeah!

The suggestion looks nice, but it needs more america related drops.
I suggest that it should drop a 999 stack of blocks that are the hardest to mine and call it "The Great Wall"

Reactions: Bry
ohhh say cAN YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT
IT'S A GIIIIIIANT :red:ING PLANT
COMING FOR ALL OF OUR SOULS

Jokes aside, this is a pretty good idea, even if it started out as a joke. :)

ohhh say cAN YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT
IT'S A GIIIIIIANT :red:ING PLANT
COMING FOR ALL OF OUR SOULS

Jokes aside, this is a pretty good idea, even if it started out as a joke. :)
agreed. and funnily enough, I didn't cringe at all reading this thread and it would certainly be cool to see. but as ppowersteef said, it would be cooler if it had more america related drops

agreed. and funnily enough, I didn't cringe at all reading this thread and it would certainly be cool to see. but as ppowersteef said, it would be cooler if it had more america related drops
Didn't get to it in time.
If it makes up for it I'll add more stuff now, even if it's the 5th now.
Plantericaaaa, :redmunch: yeah!

The suggestion looks nice, but it needs more america related drops.
I suggest that it should drop a 999 stack of blocks that are the hardest to mine and call it "The Great Wall"
*COUGH* The Wall of Trump boss confirmed

Last edited:
The fact that i found this suggestion makes me happy.

Anyways support ive allways wanted 4th of july themed content in terraia

PLANTIRICA :red: YEA BROTHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS

I was really hoping nobody would think that.
My sister was looking at my screen and pointed this out and I hadn't noticed.
Lol, oh well
I see you've updated it and added the planterockets Neato.
this may have been a joke suggestion but it actually sounds better than quite a lot of serious suggestions

Lol, oh well
I see you've updated it and added the planterockets Neato.
this may have been a joke suggestion but it actually sounds better than quite a lot of serious suggestions
Still planning on adding more weapons. 2 new items isn't enough.

Alright, added the Suppressed State, Glow Rod and the Firework Cannon!
I, uh, still gotta replace the Venus Magnum, Nettle Burst and the Wasp Gun, but after I do that, I'm gonna add new fireworks!
...I'm working on this way more than I should be, and it's already past the 4th.
VhVzwBN.png
ijBYo6r.png
8Wf7PJL.png

Star Shooter
egdF3n9.png

Dropped by Plantera.
Doesn't look the part, but this thing is the fastest thing in the game, with a Use Time of 2. As you'd expect, though, this thing doesn't do very much damage, and bullet damage is halved. But the bullets get stuck on enemies, and if you get 10 bullets stuck on an enemy, they'll all burst through the enemy, dealing 1000% damage.
1000%
If you go 2 seconds after hitting with the first bullet and don't reach 10, though, the bullets stuck on the enemy just disappear.
Damage: 30 (50% Bullet damage)
CRIT Chance: 14%
Use Time: 2 (Insanely Fast)
Velocity: 40
Tooltip: Trust me, you're not winning the shooting gallery.
Rarity:
Lime
Just saying, you can't have an item with a use time of 2. Items with use times of 1 or 2 don't even work.

That's not true. For example, the Uzi has a use time of 8, while the Sniper Rifle has a use time of 39.

oh yeah..
but the megasharks use speed is 7. which is insanely fast. but if 39 is very slow.. maybe 7 or 6 are the fastest firing speeds and anything more or less than that fires slower?

Back
Top Bottom