NPCs & Enemies The United States of Planterica has awoken!

Well, that's because you have to worry about leading enemies TO the rings, as well as about said rings' constant consumption of Mana that slowly drains your supply while preventing it from regenerating. If you whiff the timing, you're going to be hurting your DPS quite a bit, so you gotta get good with the weapon for it to actually be powerful.
That is true but 400 damage is a bit high maybe change it to 200 damage so it is weaker than the post-Moon Lord gear.

That is true but 400 damage is a bit high maybe change it to 200 damage so it is weaker than the post-Moon Lord gear.
The point is that you'd be attacking so slow that, when you DO finally hit, you'd be dealing some heavy damage. If I lower the damage, the Glowva Rod would simply be seen as too much of a hassle when compared to other weapons.

The point is that you'd be attacking so slow that, when you DO finally hit, you'd be dealing some heavy damage. If I lower the damage, the Glowva Rod would simply be seen as too much of a hassle when compared to other weapons.
Well good point but maybe lower to 300

Well good point but maybe lower to 300
I should also note that Magic weapons are typically the higher-power items in the game, with the drawback of Mana. This weapon, in particular, can really eat through your mana reserves if you can't pull the attack off quickly, which is probably what's going to happen due to how unwieldy the weapon is to begin with.
If I'm gonna put a weapon this complicated to use next to weapons that you can literally just point and click with to deal easy damage, you better believe I'm gonna give it high damage. It's staying at 400.

I should also note that Magic weapons are typically the higher-power items in the game, with the drawback of Mana. This weapon, in particular, can really eat through your mana reserves if you can't pull the attack off quickly, which is probably what's going to happen due to how unwieldy the weapon is to begin with.
If I'm gonna put a weapon this complicated to use next to weapons that you can literally just point and click with to deal easy damage, you better believe I'm gonna give it high damage. It's staying at 400.
That is a lot of damage. It is doing *Checks wiki* 4x as much damage as the Last Prism.
Last Prism: 100 damage. 10 use time
Nebula Blaze: 130 damage. 15 use time
Nebula Arcanum: *Checks wiki again* 70 damage. 30 use time

Last edited:
That is a lot of damage. It is doing *Checks wiki* 4x as much damage as the Last Prism.
Last Prism: 100 damage. 10 use time
Nebula Blaze: 130 damage. 15 use time
Nebula Arcanum: *Checks wiki again 70 damage. 30 use time
Well, if that's the point you're going to make, then I'm going to assume you've, at the very least, never gotten past the Lunatic Cultist. You gotta understand that a number's just a number; it's how that number is utilized that matters. In each weapon's case:
  • The Last Prism deals EXTREMELY rapid damage in an EXTREMELY wide area; and when its beams converge into one, they cover a comparatively small area, but they deal HEAVILY-increased damage, which is paired alongside the rapid hit rate. Before you say anything, this is a weapon you get from DEFEATING the FINAL BOSS, meaning it's GOING to be supremely powerful (it would EASILY out-damage the Glowva Rod). Of course, your Mana consumption increases alongside the intensity of the beam.
  • The Nebula Blaze and Arcanum are gotten from fragments obtained by defeating enough Nebula Pillar enemies to get to and destroy the Nebula Pillar itself. You can die at any time during the Celestial Events, but your progress on a Pillar is retained between lines; these pillars are also fought BEFORE the final boss, but after Plantera (and the Lunatic Cultist), just to give you a perspective on the amount of challenge required to get these things. Now to give you a perspective on just how the Nebula weapons attack:
    • The Nebula Blaze rapid-fires damaging blasts, which have a 20% chance of doing tripled damage and having increased velocity. The projectiles also home in, to a degree, and deal decent knockback. The mana cost is pretty high, though, and you'll chew through your supply rather quickly with this.
    • The Arcanum deals less damage and fires slower, but each projectile hits twice and explodes into a bunch of smaller projectiles that rack up the damage even further. They also home in (a lot more strongly than the Nebula Blaze, I might add), and they also eat up a lot more Mana per usage.
They all hit for less damage PER HIT (at least, right away), but they also DEAL a LOT MORE HITS. They're all the opposite of the Glowva Rod, which is extremely slow to use, but deals significant damage per hit in return.

Well, if that's the point you're going to make, then I'm going to assume you've, at the very least, never gotten past the Lunatic Cultist. You gotta understand that a number's just a number; it's how that number is utilized that matters. In each weapon's case:
  • The Last Prism deals EXTREMELY rapid damage in an EXTREMELY wide area; and when its beams converge into one, they cover a comparatively small area, but they deal HEAVILY-increased damage, which is paired alongside the rapid hit rate. Before you say anything, this is a weapon you get from DEFEATING the FINAL BOSS, meaning it's GOING to be supremely powerful (it would EASILY out-damage the Glowva Rod). Of course, your Mana consumption increases alongside the intensity of the beam.
  • The Nebula Blaze and Arcanum are gotten from fragments obtained by defeating enough Nebula Pillar enemies to get to and destroy the Nebula Pillar itself. You can die at any time during the Celestial Events, but your progress on a Pillar is retained between lines; these pillars are also fought BEFORE the final boss, but after Plantera (and the Lunatic Cultist), just to give you a perspective on the amount of challenge required to get these things. Now to give you a perspective on just how the Nebula weapons attack:
    • The Nebula Blaze rapid-fires damaging blasts, which have a 20% chance of doing tripled damage and having increased velocity. The projectiles also home in, to a degree, and deal decent knockback. The mana cost is pretty high, though, and you'll chew through your supply rather quickly with this.
    • The Arcanum deals less damage and fires slower, but each projectile hits twice and explodes into a bunch of smaller projectiles that rack up the damage even further. They also home in (a lot more strongly than the Nebula Blaze, I might add), and they also eat up a lot more Mana per usage.
They all hit for less damage PER HIT (at least, right away), but they also DEAL a LOT MORE HITS. They're all the opposite of the Glowva Rod, which is extremely slow to use, but deals significant damage per hit in return.
I know all that and I have made it to that stage but if it fires slowly similar to the Arcanum. I think you should lower the Glowva rod damage at least to 390 because at 400 if it had a critical hit it could almost one shot the Brain of Cthulhu.
I also know that it the Last Prism ray covers a lot. Maybe increase some Planterica stats so it is harder than Plantera.
Also each of the separate beams from the Last Prism don't deal 100 damage that is the concentrated beam. The Glowva rod should either be lowered in damage or go even slower.

Last edited:
I know all that and I have made it to that stage but if it fires slowly similar to the Arcanum. I think you should lower the Glowva rod damage at least to 390 because at 400 if it had a critical hit it could almost one shot the Brain of Cthulhu.
I also know that it the Last Prism ray covers a lot. Maybe increase some Planterica stats so it is harder than Plantera.
Also each of the separate beams from the Last Prism don't deal 100 damage that is the concentrated beam. The Glowva rod should either be lowered in damage or go even slower.
390 is such a minimal change that I don't even know if I should bother. Critical hits only deal double damage, meaning that it would do around 800 damage in one hit without any bonuses (and by the time you'd have enough bonuses to truly one-shot the thing (if that's possible, even), you'd already be chewing through the Brain of Cthulhu anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

I, um, DID make Planterica harder than Plantera; that's what the different attacks are for.

No, beams DO deal 100 damage each; I just tested it myself. The concentrated beam also does tripled damage. Frankly, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I'm telling you, I've thought the Glowva Rod through and put it through revisions just to make sure it's as close to perfect as I can get it.

390 is such a minimal change that I don't even know if I should bother. Critical hits only deal double damage, meaning that it would do around 800 damage in one hit without any bonuses (and by the time you'd have enough bonuses to truly one-shot the thing (if that's possible, even), you'd already be chewing through the Brain of Cthulhu anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

I, um, DID make Planterica harder than Plantera; that's what the different attacks are for.

No, beams DO deal 100 damage each; I just tested it myself. The concentrated beam also does tripled damage. Frankly, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I'm telling you, I've thought the Glowva Rod through and put it through revisions just to make sure it's as close to perfect as I can get it.
The beams deal less damage but they hit 12 times per second so the damage reads 100

As a British person I am very saddened by this idea :dryadcry:
I can get behind the concept of this idea, however unlike Chirstmas or Halloween the 4th of July is only celebrated by Americans, and it would have no meaning for anyone outside of it.

However the boss itself does seem interesting and as always the sprites are great.

Reactions: Bry
As a British person I am very saddened by this idea :dryadcry:
I can get behind the concept of this idea, however unlike Chirstmas or Halloween the 4th of July is only celebrated by Americans, and it would have no meaning for anyone outside of it.

However the boss itself does seem interesting and as always the sprites are great.
*cries in egyptian*

Back
Top Bottom