tAPI The Unobtainable Weapons mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you need to make a new sprite for it, it picks the sprite of the projectile from the vanilla game
(unless it's sprite isn't the space gun projectile sprite)

I've worked with .json too, and i got this to shoot a space gun projectile:

"shoot": 20,
"shootSpeed": 7,

So i think this will work for you too

ah thank you! finally i can realese the Zapinator.. btw do you know a good recipe for it ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1417428791][/DOUBLEPOST]ive got a bug.. the shoot speed is 7 BUT its extremely slow in the game..

I've used the Shoot Speed for the water bolt, so it may indeed be too slow. oops

change it to this:

"useTime": 19,
"useAnimation": 19,
"shootSpeed": 10,

The useTime and useAnimation is how long it takes before it shoots another shot.
The shootSpeed is the speed the projectile travels through the air.

I'm thinking about a possible crafting recipe

You do realize you can't add SDMG and the Steampunk Wings? They're actual items in-game, existing in the code. Rules of this forum state that you are NOT ALLOWED to post anything allowing you to get them as normal content.
I guess cheat menus are an exception, because it's annoying to remember each item not in the game.
(even though I did add a check so it won't display dev armor and some other stuff)

You do realize you can't add SDMG and the Steampunk Wings? They're actual items in-game, existing in the code. Rules of this forum state that you are NOT ALLOWED to post anything allowing you to get them as normal content.
I guess cheat menus are an exception, because it's annoying to remember each item not in the game.
(even though I did add a check so it won't display dev armor and some other stuff)
tAPI and vanilla Terraria are two different things, you can't drag them over to your main world, and the only way to do multiplayer with it is when all mods are loaded on the same PCs.

for some stupid reson the gun dose not apear in the game..
have you a texture of the zapinator and used this code:
"texture": "Item/[name of texture]",

tAPI and vanilla Terraria are two different things, you can't drag them over to your main world, and the only way to do multiplayer with it is when all mods are loaded on the same PCs.
That's what you think, but that's still the rule of this forum - links WERE removed and threads WERE closed in the past.
Also your argument won't be valid anymore the moment someone writes a converter, which isn't that hard really.

i thought this was a troll mod that just added cheater-only items but you actually added the weapons that were removed from the code back! however i'm not gonna download it since i'm not sure if it breaks the rules about unobtainable/console exclusive items, as Shockah said.

i thought this was a troll mod that just added cheater-only items but you actually added the weapons that were removed from the code back! however i'm not gonna download it since i'm not sure if it breaks the rules about unobtainable/console exclusive items, as Shockah said.
It is allowed! but the SDMG and the Steampunk wings are not allowed to MOD in because there already in the vannila code but "unobtainable" but these weapons were removed completed and i just coded them in again.

I hate my life! i can't get the Zapinator to show up in-game! i dubble checked everything and remade the code! i set the recepie to one Dirt block at a workbench cause i have not played that much in tAPI. let me remake it again... uhh..

i just installed "r14a" of tAPI and i had r10 the mod did work ingame when i had r10 and now it dose not work.. i don't know i think i have to redo the whole mod again.. wont take long tho ;) BUT if anyone is so kind to download and test if its actually craftable then please do cause i dont have stuff to make the weapons atm.. they did work when it was crafted by one dirt but i dont know now..

This mod violates the rules and policies of this forum regarding unobtainable items:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...culture-please-read.53/#rulesPiracyAndModding

You may not advertise or provide download links to this or similar mods on this forum (or on TerrariaOnline).

That's not what i meant. anyway, i double checked it and there is no problem with your items. The thing is that no one is allowed to create mod that gives you acces to unobtainable items. However items that you add were removed from the game, so it's not any problem.

That is not so. Any mod that adds any of these items is not permitted.

This action has been taken at the specific request of one of the developers. If there are any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom