The User-Generated Dungeon Crawler (TUGDC)

Murphmario

Retinazer
Welcome! This is a new forum game that I'm deciding to make that's inspired by the Pit of 100 Trials and a comment someone made on a Discord. Yeah. Putting this in Forum Games for now since I'm not sure if it should go in Forum Roleplays or Forum Games.

Please read everything below before joining. Also, feel free to join in at any time! Just know that you'll be at the start of whatever floor everyone's on if you do join.
  • The areas in this are organized by levels. There's no maximum level cap; however, each level contains 10 normal floors with their various challenges and a "break floor", where you get a item from a chest as well as the possibly the chance for healing and weaker items.
  • Each floor, as well as the item inside the chest in the break floor, is designed by a different person. I'll start out with the first floor, then afterwards, someone else can go and make a floor. You cannot make more than 10 floors in a row; give other people a chance.
  • You CAN put in shortcuts to skip floors, but your characters might skip loot if you do so.
  • Each exit to a floor is either a staircase going down, a ladder going down, or an elevator going down, which is how you get to the next floor obviously. Every floor must have a staircase/ladder/elevator, though exits can be hidden or put in another room on the floor.
  • There are other limitations for the floors. These include: Don't make the floors take too long, don't make them too hard either, only one boss fight per level, and no permanent side-effects on characters unless the person controlling said character is fine with you doing so. Instant-death traps or enemies must not be unfairly placed. Normal spikes are not instant death. Other than that: enemy fights, mazes, puzzles, do what you want.
  • Asides from the chest item and what the shopkeeper sells, all break floors are the same and not dependent on the user. Whether or not there's a shopkeeper and/or a healing station is determined by RNG.
  • Of course, you need characters to conquer the dungeon with. They can be anyone, as long as they don't cheese the challenges or are otherwise overpowered.
  • Character limit of three for now.
  • Death isn't permanent; anyone who dies will get automatically revived as soon as the others reach a break floor.
  • You cannot go through your own floors, with the canon explanation being that your characters need to catch their breaths, before following everyone to your loot floor. This rule might change in the future.
  • Every character has a coin count, which is the same as Terraria's coin count. The limit of coins per floor is 15 gold coins, though platinum coins are allowed to be handed out through the break floor chests (the again, you could also come up with something more unique).
  • Every character also has an HP count; what the max HP at the start is depends on the person controlling the characters, though it cannot be more than 100. The max HP can be increased via Life Crystals or Heart Containers or whatever.

Anyways, with those rules out of the way, I'm going to start this.

Level 1, Floor 1:
There is a large, flashy sign on an arch. It says "The Dungeon Management Staff Welcome You!" The staircase to the next floor is just beyond said sign.

Last edited:
(Welcome to D&D&MD)
Coming from a village known as Grove, an adventurer and their dog searched for the ancient Dungeon Gate that leads would-be adventurers to multiple levels of fame, fortune, and of course, death. Of course, they did not find the Dungeon Gate, but instead they found... this place. Not sure what to think about the happy "Welcome" sign here. So uh...
(I wonder if anyone can get the reference here.)

Obviously, he knew that, given that it's below and behind the arch, as already said. He pulled out a hatchet in preparation of the dangers beyond the stairs.

Two kids, a boy and a girl, named Connor and Sally respectively, arrive at the dungeon.

(Connor will be a magic-user with the ability to use other weapons (he starts with a wooden sword and the ability to cast some personal spells itemless), and Sally will be a healer who can also use some weapons (she doesn’t start with a weapon, though she can cast some healing/light-element spells itemless to start).

*There's no traps as you go down into the dungeon*

Level 1: Floor 2:
There's a few slimes in this room. They all prepare to attack.

((Changed the rules a bit since who wants to make 10 rooms in a row?))

Connor (75/75 HP) throws a Frostbolt at the nearest Slime to damage and slow it.
Sally (50/50 HP) uses Shine on the nearest Slime, damaging it.

*Both of the slimes die, and the stairs to the next room open*

((Passing this off since I prefer following events over creating them.))

*Building dungeon*
*Adding some stuffs.*
*Spoofing own creation.*
*And...*
*Done.*
The next dungeon has a magma like appearance. There is a statue of some sort of being nearby, with gems that you could pry out. Goblins are here, though not completely awake. Fungi appears to be growing quite quickly over the heat, and a few pots around. Be careful, some could be trapped. Three metal gates block movement out of the room, but could easily be opened, at the cost of make some noise, which would be able to alert the goblins to come and attack.

(Most results will be RNG based so uh... Go? I guess?)

Back
Top Bottom