Biomes & Nature The Valor (artificial biome)

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
The Valor would be and endgame artificial biome intended as a way to show off your wealth.

It would be created when 500 or more gold coins are placed in one pile, and then from the gold, start spreading through natural blocks (similar to evil biomes), so if you wish to have the biome/background but not the spreading, you can simply put a one block floor of bricks etc. Unlike regular dirt/sand, these blocks can be sold to NPCs.

Blocks changed by the Valor would be golden variants of their block, and would be called "Gilded" (ex. Gilded stone, gilded ice, gilded sand).

Also, perhaps it could rarely spawn the golden slime, as well as have a higher chance to spawn golden critters/fish up golden Carp? But otherwise I think it would be a good idea to not have any normal animals/enemies.

Edit: I suppose a "golden solution" sold by the steampunker when in the valor would be okay if it cost more than other solutions. Maybe 1 gold each? Suggested by @Mr. Spruce Tree

More ideas of what the NPCs could do by @Russ Guss Doodles below: The Valor (artificial biome)

Edit: An idea of what it could look like here: https://i.redd.it/mkkdiem7t3p01.jpg

Last edited:
an interesting idea on paper, but what would it do besides looking like king Midas paid a visit to the area?
and if it only requires 200 gold coins, that doesn't really means endgame, you can acquire that much earlier too.

an interesting idea on paper, but what would it do besides looking like king Midas paid a visit to the area?
and if it only requires 200 gold coins, that doesn't really means endgame, you can acquire that much earlier too.
yea i guess but i didnt want to make it platinum, maybe it could spawn the golden slime?

Maybe townsfolk could sell unique items when inside the Valor. These items could have a theme of money/wealth, whether that be just flashy vanity or stuff to make you more money. Adding an achievement mentioning moving people into the Valor would do stuff would help guide the player into doing it.

Dye Trader could sell dyes for bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. They would be both shiny and reflective, to be more unique.
Steampunker could sell gold solution (spreads Valor), maybe costing 2 or 3 times the amount of any other solution. You are supposed to be flexing wealth.
Clothier could sell golden clothing, like a tuxedo set or something.

I also think the money requirement should be raised a bit. If you don't want it too high, 5-10 platinum could work. If you want it to be lategame, 25-50 platinum could work. Might be a bit much. Allowing to place platinum instead of gold would make it a lot easier, but I kinda like the idea of placing a ton of gold everywhere.

I’m not a fan of the infection thing but I love the idea of a biome created by placing down coins. I could see it working more like the Graveyard biome where once you have enough coins the music changes and a visual filter is applied that makes everything sparkle and/or look golden. I also like the idea of Golden Slimes rarely spawning and Gold Critters being more common. It could be a great way to bring the Golden Slime to all worlds and would make collecting Gold Critters a lot easier.

This concept kinda sparked my creativity so here are some other ideas. The biome could…
  • Make the Pirate sell the Golden Furniture that’s normally dropped during the Pirate Invasion.
  • Make the Dye Trader sell Copper, Silver, and Gold Reflective Dye.
  • Make the Stylist sell Money Hair Dye.
  • Make the Arms Dealer sell Golden Bullets and the Witch Doctor sell Golden Flasks.
  • Make the Merchant sell a Lucky Cat Statue that either applies or suppresses the biome's visual effect.
  • Increase the Tax Collectors' happiness and the size of his money collection pool.
  • Decrease the cost of reforges.
  • Make Gold/Titanium crates, Oysters, and Golden Carp more common when fishing.
  • Cause all enemies within the biome to be inflicted with the Midas Debuff which makes enemies drop more coins.
  • Increase luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom