Console The various glitches of Console Terraria

Oh okay, so I guess I'm unprofessional now because I posted a smiley face to lighten up the mood? Obviously the average human doesn't want to read a wall of text and a big bright picture like that is likely to catch your eye, as it did you. It even inspired you to write a post about it.

What is your definition of 'professional' anyway? Do you think those type of people are robots or something and don't ever find anything amusing? As long as you can read the topic and it's organized well, that's all that matters.

And what's the point in quoting something from someone who posted seconds before you?

Sorry if I seem like a bit of a egghead for the rant, but I've delt with so many trolls on this site alone I have no idea which one is which.

It's definitely not bugged. I started a new character a little bit ago, got to the HM dungeon, and there were armor polish drops left and right. Lady Luck just doesn't like you, I guess :indifferent:

I've actually found plenty of those while trying to farm for Paladin's Hammer/Wisp in a Bottle. Not sure if it's 1% drop but it feels like normal to me.

Honestly I'm quite certain it's just luck. At one point out another I've had nearly every Ankh ingredient be elusive while getting half a dozen of all the rest.
Man...Sorry about the incorrect post. Lady Luck is a jackass.

I found another one. I afk a lot and tend to just leave the game running (at the main menu) if I go do something else or even when I go out to a store or something. Anyway, the game has frozen twice now because of this.
It just happened a few minutes ago, so the details are fresh.
I backed out to the main menu and ran out to the store for about an hour. When I came back, I chose a world in my list and the system froze before the loading bar displayed.
Again, this is the second time this has happened since the additions update.
It never happened before this update, and I have been afk'ing at menu forever.

It could be "just" a new problem with my PS3 though.

I found another one. I afk a lot and tend to just leave the game running (at the main menu) if I go do something else or even when I go out to a store or something. Anyway, the game has frozen twice now because of this.
It just happened a few minutes ago, so the details are fresh.
I backed out to the main menu and ran out to the store for about an hour. When I came back, I chose a world in my list and the system froze before the loading bar displayed.
Again, this is the second time this has happened since the additions update.
It never happened before this update, and I have been afk'ing at menu forever.

It could be "just" a new problem with my PS3 though.
Can you check by afk-ing with other games?

I noticed that the recipe discovery system (what i call the system that makes new recipes appear all sparkly) is a bit wonky. One character i needed all components but another i just needed one component to see it. (Both with out talking to the guide.) Any one see the same?

Can you check by afk-ing with other games?

yeah, I guess so. next time I go out for an hour i'll load up a different game and see what happens.

The leaderboard freezing might have something to do with the people who hack onto them. A couple weeks ago, a new guy, Jackbnors6, hacked himself onto the LB's (PSN) and ever since then I've been completely frozen in every category. No numbers change at all, not just rank.

Last edited:
sorry for double-post, but I wanted to see if someone would respond with advice:

ok, I've been generating a lot of worlds for the past 30 minutes or so, trying to get an interesting one for a new project. I generated 5 so far, explored and then deleted them when they didn't meet my needs. Now my game is stuck generating the 6th world.
The progress bar has been stuck on "Generating Jungle" for about 5 minutes...

Couple of 360 bugs
  • Ocram's hibox is still strange; at times bullets fired will hit him, yet when he rotates they miss in the same spot
  • Ocram also drops lesser healing potions (less a bug and more an oversight)
  • Palladium and Orichalcum (presumably Titanium too) cannot be used to create any of the console exclusive armors

Couple of 360 bugs
  • Ocram's hibox is still strange; at times bullets fired will hit him, yet when he rotates they miss in the same spot
  • Ocram also drops lesser healing potions (less a bug and more an oversight)
  • Palladium and Orichalcum (presumably Titanium too) cannot be used to create any of the console exclusive armors
I've checked, these apply to all console versions.

sorry for double-post, but I wanted to see if someone would respond with advice:

ok, I've been generating a lot of worlds for the past 30 minutes or so, trying to get an interesting one for a new project. I generated 5 so far, explored and then deleted them when they didn't meet my needs. Now my game is stuck generating the 6th world.
The progress bar has been stuck on "Generating Jungle" for about 5 minutes...
Did it ever finish?

Nope. I let it sit for a half hour and then reset the console. No damage was done. That world slot was just empty when I started up the game again.
Strange, any luck gen-ing a new world afterwards?
Can we be beta testers? From the looks of it they need our help more than ever.
Beta testing on consoles is heavily red taped. Your best chance of beta testing terraria is to get hired at a Quality Assurance company.

Yeah, I generated a world right after resetting. No problem. I probably just pissed off RNG-sus. "Why aren't you happy with any of these worlds I'm generating for you!?"

Back
Top Bottom