Console The various glitches of Console Terraria

there are more bugs for other systems (360 and vita mostly, to my knowledge) that should be posted here.

Looks like I won't update until all bugs are fixed. I don't want anything to happen to my long-played world.

Looks like I won't update until all bugs are fixed. I don't want anything to happen to my long-played world.

On Sony consoles, you can back up your save to a flash drive very easily, then update and, if your save gets corrupted, you can copy your save back over to the console. I'm sure it's just as easy on X-box.
You should definitely do this if you have any saves that you never want to lose. (If you store the saves online in your e-mail account or something you will really never lose them...unless a solar flare causes another dark ages or something...)

I have one issue: if there is a meteor biome in a mushroom biome, and you keep exploring the map (clearing black squares), the music will cut off and restart several times, if you use a magic mirror, the game will crash several seconds later. confirmed on PS4, not sure about other consoles.

System's RAM might have been overloaded from all the different stuff going on. Mushroom and Meteor are both very 'active' biomes. I'm no dev though so I'm just theorizing.
Oh, you're right about the system ram, but I still wonder how did it overload a 8GB ram.

PS Vita version crashes sometimes when you save after not saving for awhile; also, smart cursor drifts down slowly for me. I know the second one is not a hardware issue simply because other people experience this as well.

PS Vita version crashes sometimes when you save after not saving for awhile; also, smart cursor drifts down slowly for me. I know the second one is not a hardware issue simply because other people experience this as well.
Do you experience this in other games? The cursor movement I mean. I had a report of this where a member assumed terraria had planted a virus in his vita because he had this problem with terraria and then his other games. I'm quite certain it is a hardware issue but Terraria is more susceptible to it due to having more sensitive controls.

Last edited:
Do you experience this in other games? The cursor movement I mean. I had a report of this where a member assumed terraria had planted a virus in his vita because he had this problem with terraria and then his other games. I'm quite certain it is a hardware issue but Terraria is more susceptible to it do to having more sensitive controls.
No, I don't experience it in other games; it's only Terraria. Other people have had this issue as well, I've heard. Also, I stated the wrong cursor; I meant manual.

No, I don't experience it in other games; it's only Terraria. Other people have had this issue as well, I've heard. Also, I stated the wrong cursor; I meant manual.
Yes, and in the thread associated with it one of the Engine devs commented about reducing the sensitivity of your analog stick. It is my suspicion that it is a hardware issue that people are only noticing with Terraria because Terraria is more sensitive to the analog input than most other games. I'd suggest you try seeing about possible ways to clean your analog stick and check if this fixes the issue. :)

Yes, and in the thread associated with it one of the Engine devs commented about reducing the sensitivity of your analog stick. It is my suspicion that it is a hardware issue that people are only noticing with Terraria because Terraria is more sensitive to the analog input than most other games. I'd suggest you try seeing about possible ways to clean your analog stick and check if this fixes the issue. :)
I will try that, thank you very much for the help!

Hi, is this thread still getting attention?

If so, I would like to report another bug/glitch on PS3 (but I think that it might also happen on all other versions too) which I think is related to Game Mechanics, properly saying Bed Spawn/Saving.

Here it is:

I play online coop with only one friend and we play on a Large World (with me being the Host), so we build several Outposts around the world and biomes for easy fighting and exploring, but the catch is that all of our houses below Depth 0, in any Underground/Cavern biome, including Hell, will work for me to save respawn but will not work for him to save his respawn at all.

When I check those housings with the proper menu, it says that they ARE suitable and I can even allocate NPCs and set my respawn within them, but when my friend check those housings it says that they AREN'T suitable without proper detail to what feature is wrong/missing/unsuitable and he cannot move NPCs or set his respawn into them.

We used only player placed materials (bricks, walls, doors, etc) in those constructions.
We tried several ways of building those houses, even an house apart from the other (not sharing bricks/blocks), and several ways of using the bed:
Both of us building/placing materials and furniture,
only me building/placing materials and furniture,
only he building/placing materials and furniture,
only he trying to use the bed first,
He trying to use the bed after me,
the house containing an NPC or not,
etc....

The Bed shows the action button on both of our screens "O use", but only recognize my input/clicking, while it doesn't regonize his.

Both of our PS3 Systems and Terraria are up to date etc.
Unfortunately we have no pictures or footage of this issue, but I will see to get pictures/footage if needed.

And, of course, we also suffer from the 20x20 bug or something like that on our main base. But it already seems to be acknowledged out there.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also just reported this bug in an Titcket using the tools displayed at moderator Nike Leon signature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom