Console The various glitches of Console Terraria

Hi, is this thread still getting attention?

If so, I would like to report another bug/glitch on PS3 (but I think that it might also happen on all other versions too) which I think is related to Game Mechanics, properly saying Bed Spawn/Saving.

Here it is:

I play online coop with only one friend and we play on a Large World (with me being the Host), so we build several Outposts around the world and biomes for easy fighting and exploring, but the catch is that all of our houses below Depth 0, in any Underground/Cavern biome, including Hell, will work for me to save respawn but will not work for him to save his respawn at all.

When I check those housings with the proper menu, it says that they ARE suitable and I can even allocate NPCs and set my respawn within them, but when my friend check those housings it says that they AREN'T suitable without proper detail to what feature is wrong/missing/unsuitable and he cannot move NPCs or set his respawn into them.

We used only player placed materials (bricks, walls, doors, etc) in those constructions.
We tried several ways of building those houses, even an house apart from the other (not sharing bricks/blocks), and several ways of using the bed:
Both of us building/placing materials and furniture,
only me building/placing materials and furniture,
only he building/placing materials and furniture,
only he trying to use the bed first,
He trying to use the bed after me,
the house containing an NPC or not,
etc....

The Bed shows the action button on both of our screens "O use", but only recognize my input/clicking, while it doesn't regonize his.

Both of our PS3 Systems and Terraria are up to date etc.
Unfortunately we have no pictures or footage of this issue, but I will see to get pictures/footage if needed.

And, of course, we also suffer from the 20x20 bug or something like that on our main base. But it already seems to be acknowledged out there.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also just reported this bug in an Titcket using the tools displayed at moderator Nike Leon signature.
Honestly, it sounds like your friend has a bad connection.
I srieosly need <removed by staff>
That item is not obtainable in the game because it's not supposed to be. It's against our rules here to ask for unobtainable items. Continuing to do so may result in loss of access to your account.

Honestly, it sounds like your friend has a bad connection.
How come? Care to explain in further details, please, please?

Like, you and your friends don't suffer it at all?
All of you can save respawn below Depth 0?
Why would this only occurs to him in our houses below Depth 0 while all others above 0 work just fine if its an connection problem? Shouldn't it affect all houses/beds if so?

We sometimes suffer from lag, sure, but we have good ISP's and formidable Speed, and although we live relatively far (~900 Km I guess), still, we are from the same country which should count for something on the manner we Connect with PSN Servers and stuff.
Despite the common glitches, we play Terraria and many others coop games too just fine.

I've searched around the web for any ways to solve this particular problem, but I barely found anyone relating or suffering from it.
Only response I got was some other player at Gamefaqs saying "Yeah, I can't get it right either" when I started a topic there about it, but this response just says to me that he may suffer the same problem but didn't bother to look for ways to solve it at all.

Please remember I'm talking about the Ps3 Version mainly.

Thanks for replying and Thanks again, in advance, for your attention.

Edit: Typos. There may be more out there.

Last edited:

Why would this only occurs to him in our houses below Depth 0 while all others above 0 work just fine if its an connection problem? Shouldn't it affect all houses/beds if so?

We sometimes suffer from lag, sure, but we have good ISP's and formidable Speed, and although we live relatively far (~900 Km I guess), still, we are from the same country which should count for something on the manner we Connect with PSN Servers and stuff.
Despite the common glitches, we play Terraria and many others coop games too just fine.

I've searched around the web for any ways to solve this particular problem, but I barely found anyone relating or suffering from it.
Only response I got was some other player at Gamefaqs saying "Yeah, I can't get it right either" when I started a topic there about it, but this response just says to me that he may suffer the same problem but didn't bother to look for ways to solve it at all.

I've never experienced this nor heard of it until now. I guessed it was connection because I have experienced issues with things like doors not opening which uses the same button. I could be wrong. Have you tried deleting your games and reinstalling them? You should be able to do this without losing your saves.
You can file a support ticket directly with 505 here http://support.505games.com/ please be as detailed as possible.

NEW BUG
Glass Wall looks glitchy as of the update released yesterday.

The only problem is, I'm not sure if any glitches were patched. So, I don't know what I should be removing from my giant list.

I've never experienced this nor heard of it until now. I guessed it was connection because I have experienced issues with things like doors not opening which uses the same button. I could be wrong. Have you tried deleting your games and reinstalling them? You should be able to do this without losing your saves.
You can file a support ticket directly with 505 here http://support.505games.com/ please be as detailed as possible.

I added the link you provided so others will hopefully use it more.

Got the new update on the Vita today the first thing i noticed is a terrain glitch while digging/exploring. It seems that sometimes i cannot fit through gaps 3 blocks high to drop down to a lower level. 3 or 4 block high steps would be the best way to explain it. A space im well used to fitting through on all the other versions i have played.

I will report back here if i notice it on PS4/X1 too once i get around to playing them.

Got the new update on the Vita today the first thing i noticed is a terrain glitch while digging/exploring. It seems that sometimes i cannot fit through gaps 3 blocks high to drop down to a lower level. 3 or 4 block high steps would be the best way to explain it. A space im well used to fitting through on all the other versions i have played.

I will report back here if i notice it on PS4/X1 too once i get around to playing them.
Are you sure that is not being caused by half bricks?

I was thinking that but then i took a run at it without digging out anymore blocks and got through. I will grab a screenshot if it happens again.
half bricks sometimes let you slip by. Next time it happens go into precision mode and check to see if there's any half bricks in your way. :)

Palm trees planted in the ocean biome are not growing.. Will go mine in other parts of the world for multiple ingame days and still not growing.

nice icon I can name it bulbsor

When I have a truffle worm in my inventory, and I place mine-cart tracks (but you place them on air) truffle worms come out. TONS of worms. (Happens with seeds too) Palm trees don't grow.
Also, spear traps that you actuate "still" don't work correctly. (The spears flies up past where the traps are)

There are a few things happening on my game as well.

I started a new world after downloading the new update, and anytime I swing the Pwnhammer when I'm not hitting a block, it will spawn Cardinals. Also, I was trying to burn through the mechanical bosses quickly, and I started with the worm. He spawned and everything was fine, but when I tried to summon the Twins directly afterwards, the mechanical eye disappeared, and no twins came. I thought maybe it was just a one time thing, so I used my mechanical skull as well, and the same thing happened.

I'm on Xbox One by the way. Also, can confirm the glass panes don't look right. Haven't noticed the palm tree thing, but I haven't spent too much time at the beach yet.

Please don't go spamming the same question over multiple threads. There's already a thread asking about that http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/anyone-found-these-items-legit.14637/

Well, Thank you. I didn't know a thread existed.
I have not been playing the game much anymore, so I am not sure. I heard sometimes you can find them on rare occasions. I have plenty of them on PS4, though.

Is it legit. Not modded and nobody gave them to you?

Back
Top Bottom