Console The various glitches of Console Terraria

Been trying to find bloodroot on the console version every since it came out and I haven't found a single one, even after making farms for it. Teal and green mushrooms exist, but are also rarer then the PC version and I'm convinced that they only spawn at world gen.

Lime kelp is surprisingly more common than PC since it spawns in the ocean, but that's one thing they shouldn't fix. Due to a combination of it's insane rarity in normal areas as well as the fact that you can't find them using the map like you can for PC, they would be next to impossible to find on console if they were taken out of the ocean.

Sometimes afking on xbox one (not sure about the rest) if you die while on a different app/home screen (xbox can has 1 game and an app open at a time) if you died cos of a wraith it would black screen and crash without any reason, if you are on the game I don't think it happens.

I just use an invincibility box now seems to have fixed it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435784356,1435784307][/DOUBLEPOST]Also other enemies not just a wraith but its most likely to kill you while afk farming

A couple of bugs I have found (Ps Vita)

• The cloud in a bottle does not seem to be spawning in chests - 4 worlds checked and over 70 chests opened
  • The game frequently randomly crashes with an error message
  • The game will crash with no error message on a rare occasion when I open my map
  • The player will sometimes get stuck in a wall when moving to a 3+ block high wall. It is easy to escape this bug
  • A player can run through a closed door at random points, if the door is opened then closed agiain, the bug will no longer occur.
Thats all Ive found so far with starting a new character. Ill post more as soon as I find more.

Also, Ill report these to 505 as soon as I get time. If anyone else has experienced these bugs on another console, then also post it.

I may not have as much accomplished as you, but I know what you mean. I did find 2 Orange Bloodroots so far (1st one by accident, I didn't notice it was there until I broke the block it was on to get a Teal Mushroom)...and I have a few theories on how they currently spawn for consoles:

- They may only spawn on world generation and not spawn naturally after that, but I'll have to test this more. Do Green Mushrooms and Teal Mushrooms spawn naturally? I've obtained all of them in my main world and haven't seen anymore spawn after that (based on my map - they look like a bright white dot, like all other dye items, and it's easier to find using a PS Vita). But perhaps they're generally just a pretty low chance to spawn, although I'm going with none of those 3 dyes respawns.

- They might mostly appear under the surface in the underground layer, but before the cavern layer (http://terraria.wiki.gg/Underground), but perhaps that's because there's more dirt in the underground layer.

- Some might only spawn [in world gen?] under a Dirt Block with a Green Mushroom or Teal Mushroom on top. I found many Teal and Green Mushrooms in the cavern layer, but none had bloodroots under them. I can't recall how many mushrooms was found in the underground layer though...but I can say that not all of them will have a bloodroot under them, at least not if they're on a stone block.

- It's possible some might only spawn with a dirt block on the side of it, but that could just be a coincidence.

- Both Bloodroots I've found was in the underground layer and had a Green/Teal Mushroom on top of it (2nd bloodroot found: http://i.imgur.com/qGY8Ieh.jpg) - 1st one was in a large world in the center and was in a place I've been many times, but I somehow never saw it. The 2nd one was found today also in a large world that was created recently enough on the left side of the world.

- Arkonauts in this video also found a Bloodroot with a Green Mushroom on top of it and dirt on the side (check 21:13):

- Hundjäger18 found 3 with a dirt block on the side of each, but no mushroom on top (as far as I know), and the last one appears to be in the cavern: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/bloodroot-d.3598/page-2

I made a Bloodroot farm, but I've yet to see any spawn. I've previously added a few Teal/Green Mushrooms in it to see if any bloodroots would spawn under it, but that was unsuccessful. Now that I have more mushrooms, I've placed some more and we'll see what happens~ ...and I haven't had any success with this either.

I've also reported it to 505games yesterday.

yeah, I've found 3. one of those (the most recent) was growing on the same block as a teal mushroom.
the other 2 I found were a few months after the 1.2 update (after the patch-fixes.)

I CAN CONFIRM! Bloodroot DOES spwn underneath teal mushrooms. I just found my FIRST ONE EVER, and it was under the same block as a teal mushroom was on. It does NOT need to be next to another dirt block. mine was on a random underground platform with NO blocks adjacent to it.

I can confirm that you can phase through blocks on the vita when hosting sometimes and i am not sure it is a bug or not but you can go through a 1 block space if you hammer the bottom block into a up slanted block and tbe top block into a down slanted block both of which have to be facing you

Last edited:
Did a bit of testing with my version of the phasing bug-I go through blocks regardless of speed, and enemies can as well.Tends to happen a lot underground.

Also, I have another one- rarely, upon starting a world on PS4, vile spit will spawn nearby you, and be aimed torwards you.

I CAN CONFIRM! Bloodroot DOES spwn underneath teal mushrooms. I just found my FIRST ONE EVER, and it was under the same block as a teal mushroom was on. It does NOT need to be next to another dirt block. mine was on a random underground platform with NO blocks adjacent to it.

Yup but can a Bloodroot spawn after you place a Teal/Green Mushroom on top of a Dirt Block?

They probably don't increase the chance of spawning, but who knows. I'm not even sure they can spawn naturally atm, and I'm gonna go with they don't and that they only appear in world gen when you create a new world.

I can confirm that there is indeed a bug regarding the spawning of bloodroots, making them extremely rare. It will be fixed in a future update.

Was the shark statue added and forgot to add the item ID on the changelog or statue wasn't added to the previous update but misprinted on the changelog update?

Last edited:
I can confirm that there is indeed a bug regarding the spawning of bloodroots, making them extremely rare. It will be fixed in a future update.

Glad to see a developer replying!! Thank you.

I can also now confirm many of the bugs addressed in the OP exist in PS3 and Vita versions, but are not present in the Current Gen PS4 version. The invisible square holes in houses persists on PS3, Vita, and PS4, however.

I'll be updating with more info tonight.

Last edited:
Glad to see a developer replying!! Thank you.

I can also now confirm many of the bugs addressed in the OP exist in PS3 and Vita versions, but are not present in the Current Gen PS4 version. The invisible square holes in houses persists on PS3, Vita, and PS4, however.

I'll be updating with more info tonight.
Hm, any gameplay related bugs should either be present in all platforms or none, so I wonder what bugs that don't exist on PS4 but do exist on PS3 and Vita you are referring to.

Back
Top Bottom