• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC The Vault Key - A Hardmode Alternative to the Money Trough

Should this be included in the game?

• Jawohl, mein Kommandant.

• Nichts da, dummkopf!

• *mashes 'E' key*

Results are only viewable after voting.

Commander Crocket

Official Terrarian
In accordance with @Safeman's recent inclusion into the Re-Logic team, I feel as if it is only fair that they also received an in-game item in their honour. Thus, my first suggestion will be a simple and concise one. My proposed item, the Vault Key.

After defeating a mechanical boss, this item would be available for purchase from the Skeleton Merchant for the price of one platinum coin.

In a similar fashion to the Money Trough already present within the game, when used, it summons a sentient safe. In order to distinguish it from its pre-hardmode counterpart, the summoned entity is earthbound (i.e. it cannot fly), and can also function as an NPC - it strolls around the location it was summoned in, and can even be talked to.

Tooltip: Summons the Safe Man.

In-game quotes:
- "Have you heard the one about the Mimic? That joke was so funny, I could hardly contain myself. No, seriously, my chest hurt."
- "Need to stash your items somewhere secure? Leave it to me! Safe is my middle, er, first name!"
- "Full inventory? Getting bashed? Leave your things with me, and save your cash!"
- "So a rivet walked into an item store, and the manager said, "Sorry pal, we're locking up." Get it? Locking up?"

(Unintentional Fallout/Borderlands reference is unintentional.)

Sprites welcome. :)

Last edited:

MadCat

Steampunker
I like the idea of having it be a little NPC for differentiation from the month. SUPPORT

00Banshee00

Skeletron
This is a great idea!
Maybe it can be implemented in 1.3.1. to celebrate safeman's promotion to community manager

omg u lyed u sed they aded thes u lyre >;9
i wes su hapi i tht ths wuld be en gaem

Jk, I had thought of an idea similar to this, but your version is better. I actually think this could get added!

jpeg

Plantera
*mashes e key*

medic pls

y medic

Good suggestion though, would really honor safe man as the new community manager

Azu

Retinazer
I'm pretty sure if she wants anything for her in the game she'll request it herself.

Top Bottom