Biomes & Nature The wasteland

A vast majority of it still puts it as a mashup of all the biomes, and even on page 2 you haven't done enough to separate it from that idea.

If I'm to be brutally honest - well. I think I should reiterate my previous suggestion at looking in other threads in Biomes And Nature. See how people format things, the types of biomes they suggest, and more importantly than either of those, the information they provide to get people interested in their suggestions. Look at the successful threads with lots of replies and likes and get a feel for the kinds of things that net a positive response.

Because you're correct that most people won't read anything past the first page, and information on your suggestion on the second page will just be lost unless you add all of it to the first post as the idea evolves. But even with the second page and all the information you've added, this suggestion is still incoherent and fails to produce new content or an idea that fully makes sense. Some of the later stuff gives a bit more focus, but also results in something that's self-contradictory and on the whole doesn't seem like you thought things out before suggesting this. If you really believe in the idea, it may be worth stepping back and trying to reorganize it after some soul-searching. But the reorganizing is key - doing it exactly the same haphazard way you've been doing is just going to get the same result.

Some questions I'd like to see answered if you're serious about this.
-Why are the biomes fighting here? ('Because they oppose each other' isn't a good enough answer, because there's clearly a lore element here with a cursed town and the crystals. What was the town - what people lived there and how long was it cursed? What are the crystals? What do they do? How are they linked to the town and the world evil? Give a good answer here - you might not realize it, but this is the part that will sucker people into your idea. You need to show vision for how this all ties into Terraria. If you say something bland like 'the town got corrupted and vanished for 1000 years, and now the hallow and corruption are fighting', people aren't going to care. Was it a threat to the corruption that provoked a brutal counterattack? Was it banished to seal the corruption, and its reappearance heralds the seals weakening and the corruption spreading over the land once more? Is it the lost Dryad stronghold, or the base of a long-ago player character? Be creative.)
-Why are the enemies stronger in this area, and why are they picking sides when they markedly don't anywhere else? Again, this is a lore question. Not as vital as the first one, but it does need an answer beyond 'because it makes the area harder/more interesting.'
-If this deadly biome is available at the beginning of the game, then how is a new player exploring the map meant to interact with it? Will it be like the Hallow in that the deadly enemies don't spawn until Hardmode, or is it endgame difficulty at the start? If so, can they get around it to reach the rest of the surface without resorting to things like sky bridges or other taxing construction?

Ok so the location is gonna be on the ocean as an island ,and
as soon as you touch it,water will start engulfing it and if it engulfed it completely then made the town,they will be merfolk and when you enter the town,you will turn to merfolk even without the neptune's shell.

And it was cursed when the dryads killed Cthulhu (read the terraria lore for further info) because when it was killed the spirits of hatred and death rained across the island and cursed the town and then when the hallow and corruption/crimson fought the curse became more potent and killed the hallow and weakened the Crimson/corruption until the spirits rose again and the hallow came back and the Crimson/corruption regained it's strength and the spirits left the island cuz they didn't want what happened

Oh and don't worry about page one,that one didn't make sense at all ._.
And they fought because they wanted to take over the whole terraria world.

And if you wanna ask any question about the biome tell me and don't hesitate to ask :D

Try to describe a trek through your wasteland. Here's an example:

The player travels 300 blocks to get here, but it can be much farther out. As the player enters this biome, The Corruption, the sky slightly darkens. In front of the player are 4 chasms, though that number can be bigger or smaller in other worlds. The trees are decaying and give Ebonwood, slightly stronger than wood. The trees grow on a purple grass. They descend down 67 blocks to reach the bottom of the first chasm, but nothing is there. The 3rd and 4th chasms have similar results, after a descent of 120 and 70 blocks.

The second chasm however, opens up into a horizontal cave full of demon altars, the room extending the full length of the corruption. While the player is descending, they fight 2 eaters of souls, who home in on the player like a demon eye, and a large worm. In the horizontal area, a few miniature chasms contain shadow orbs, giving a powerful sniper-esc gun, a small magic projectile that extends about 10 blocks and goes through walls, a weak flail, and an accessory that gives 20 extra mana.

To get to these orbs, the player uses a bomb, destroying the purple blocks in the way, which are revealed to be called ebonstone. The player happily breaks 3 orbs with these bombs, before spawning the eater of worlds, and getting hastily cornered by its massive worm body, which gets split after a part dies.

There's more to say, about hardmode, spreading, and the like, but I'm going to stop now for the sake of time.

Good question worfer,
So in the biome when you enter, your vision gets depleted (basically u got dusted, like blinded but need the dust glasses which is an optional addition to the ankh shelled making it the dust-proof ankh shield).

You see many caves constantly zigzagging all around the biome with a huge core where they all connect filled with dust altars where a bunch of dust spirits arise chasing you and you fending back until you end up in the center of that huge core, where the dust spirits jump into what looks like a bunch of spore clouds from the chlorophyte spear but brown, which is solidified dust (the wasteland counterpart of crimson hearts and shadow orbs),and when you break them you can get the dust wand, which sprays a dust cloud that blinds your opponents (32 damage,average speed),the rusty spear(27 damage, fast speed),dust gun(insanely fast speed,27 damage),solidified dust(item),and the dust glasses (which cures dusted effect).

And these trees are withered and more brittle so it’s easier to break, and drops petrified wood, but it’s sharper, so is better than all other wood types, so better bring your axe!

And then you break the solidified dust, which spawns the dust wizard, which moves very fast, and has a bunch of brittle balls, which do 23 damage on impact, and also releases third eye spirits which are stronger editions of demon eyes (by 1.5x)and when you defeat him he unleashes his one last attempts at killing you by releasing 20 forth eyes(2x stronger than demon eyes and drops dusty bars(as strong as cobalt).

And as soon as you go back,you are welcomed with a horde of dust zombies (2x stronger than regular zombies) and dust spirits.So I guess it was worth crossing the ocean with a water walking potion because when you are about to leave,a chest with a water walking boot awaits you!

Recommended armor and weapons:Best armor you can get in hardmode, probably molten armor, molten fury, night’s edge,flamarang,perhaps jester arrows to fend off the swarms of monsters awaiting you becoz of the piercing and it’s strength.

And feel free to ask any question and i’ll try my best to awnser them and worfer,ask your questions about hardmode if you want I will answer them,and i’ll One back in a while to awnser the questions and see you next time!:)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that, it was really helpful to figure out what you were saying :). Of course, giving details tends to open up more questions. What happens when I use a pwnhammer on a dust altar in hardmode? Does it release the regular ores, dusty ore, or does something else happen entirely? And the big one is definitely about the Dust Wizard. What's a brittle ball do? How does he move around (like some kind of caster, or like an ice queen, or something else)? As a final note, I love how the trees break faster. It's a small addition that just makes the biome feel real.

1.The pwnhammer releases either petrified ore or rust ore both stronger than adamantite/titanium so u better go there.
2.The brittle balls do 23 damage on impact and split into four doing 12 damage on impact,and the dust wizard launches 4 at once so dodging is critical when you don’t have such good armor.
3.The Dust wizard moves around like the sand elemental except much faster.
4.Thank you for the good compliment :)
And I’m open for more questions!

Back
Top Bottom