tModLoader The Wayfaring Merchant

Lavendarjosh

Eye of Cthulhu
Ne4jxkF.png

Meet the Wayfaring Merchant! Attracted by the sound of clinking gold coins in your pockets, he will take up residence in your lovely home and stop wayfaring for a while, selling to you cheap knock-off junk quality wares at a bargain price! Why wait for the Traveling Merchant to make a visit when he feels like it if the Wayfaring Merchant will offer you almost the same collection for less? And he won't even leave at night! The Wayfaring Merchant is open 24 hours a day!

But that is not all. With the Wayfaring Merchant you can...

• have one more lively resident in your town to spice up your Terraria experience!
  • collect all the hats in the game and offer them to the Wayfaring Merchant for a reward!
  • recover the Wayfaring Merchant's lost inventory from the bottom of the ocean!
  • commit warranty fraud!
  • become moderately happy!!
Don't hesitate and download the Wayfaring Merchant on the ModBrowser today! (batteries not included)

Thanks to: the TModloader Crew, and @Joost8910 for letting me use a bit of code for the RX06

I'll give it a try when I get home it sounds great! But I have a question what does it mean by all hats? Like just vanity or helmets too and would the wig count?

I'll give it a try when I get home it sounds great! But I have a question what does it mean by all hats? Like just vanity or helmets too and would the wig count?
Quoting the Wayfaring Merchant himself: "I only want hats. Not hoods, not masks, not bandanas or anything, hats. Well, maybe I'd make an exception for a truly rare piece of headgear, but don't count on it!"

Update v1.1
I finally figured out how to save events in the world, so I improved the whole "hat and key" dialog tree.
- Wayfaring Merchant's Hat can only be fished once per world now (but a little easier)
- Wayfaring Merchant will give different rewards for his Hat and the Peddler's Hat depending on what you've already given to him
- dialog will reflect this as well

If you find anything amiss, or have other feedback to give, be sure to let me know.

I have been playing with this mod for a while but I can't figure out how to get to warranty papers and I don't know what the wayfaring merchant's key does,
could you help?

I have been playing with this mod for a while but I can't figure out how to get to warranty papers and I don't know what the wayfaring merchant's key does,
could you help?
You can get the warranties from the Wayfaring Merchant's Lockboxes that you can fish up from the ocean. Each Lockbox contains one random warranty (in hardmode you only get warranties for hardmode items). Lockboxes can only be opened if you have the Wayfaring Merchant's Key in your inventory (it's not consumed on use, like the shadow key).

When you have both the warranty and the respective broken item, you need to take both to a warranty mailbox (craftable with wood and iron/lead) to receive your replacement.

I’m stuck and the internet is no help, how do I get the wayfarer’s key, and/or do I have to make a new world so I can obtain certain items since I’m playing on a world I made before I got the mod, knowing that this can cause some issues like it did for Calamity

I’m stuck and the internet is no help, how do I get the wayfarer’s key, and/or do I have to make a new world so I can obtain certain items since I’m playing on a world I made before I got the mod, knowing that this can cause some issues like it did for Calamity
There are actually three ways to get the Wayfaring Merchant's Key:
1) Fish his hat from the ocean and give it to him.
2) Kill the Travelling Merchant and give his Peddler's Hat to the Wayfaring Merchant
3) Kill the Wayfaring Merchant himself, he will drop the key

You don't need a new world for anything, I think, as nothing is generated on world creation.

There are actually three ways to get the Wayfaring Merchant's Key:
1) Fish his hat from the ocean and give it to him.
2) Kill the Travelling Merchant and give his Peddler's Hat to the Wayfaring Merchant
3) Kill the Wayfaring Merchant himself, he will drop the key

You don't need a new world for anything, I think, as nothing is generated on world creation.
Obtaining things by killing? I love it!
Seriously though thanks a bunch

How, uh, how exactly do I "trade" hats with the guy? I've got a robot hat and a wolf mask. I can sell them to him, but that just seems to be a simple sales transaction, nothing else happens. Choosing "Trade Hats" and he just keeps telling me that he trades hats, regardless of whether I've got on, in a social slot or in my inventory.

Thanks 🍻

It's a "Robot Hat" and "Wolf Mask".

EDIT: okay, I figured out I had a mod conflicting with this, namely Merchants+. For the moment I'll probably keep both and just disable Merchants+ whenever I have hats to trade.

Appreciate the response. Btw, I got one of his keys during a recent Blood Moon, do I just talk him with that in my inventory as well?

🍻

EDIT 2: well, I'd assume the key is actually for the box of his stuff in the ocean, so kay...

Back
Top Bottom