Casual The Weekly Tease | All Issues | Main Thread

RoboTTrustworthy

Spazmatism
index.php

ALL ISSUES | MAIN THREAD

ISSUES:

Issue #1 - Member Ran [2015-09-11]

Issue #1 2015-09-11

I todays issue we have with us the two people running the CC, @QuackersDelta and @darthmorf!

So, Quackers, how did the CC start? (answer backed up by darthmorf)

Creation Compendium, to my knowledge, began with moderator Confuzzledyma on the Terraria Online forums. Her history shows that the earliest CC was created on January 24, 2012. After she stepped down from doing CC, moderator Kane took over. Under his organisation, it was restricted to a theme each month, and eventually died due to lack of entries. A while later, user AyeAye12 remade it, this time removing the themes and allowing drawings, and therefore making it much more popular again. For a while he hosted it on his own, then Co-hosted it with me, before finally retiring as well and passing the torch onto me. Then, for the move to TCF, darthmorf joined me.

Aha, and how long do you think you can hold that torch?

Not sure about Darfmorf but I see myself doing it for as long as I can. There's simply nothing stopping me from continuing at this point short of a real life crisis.

That's the spirit! And how about you darthmorf?

For sure. It's such a pleasure seeing the community and dev team praising the creations, and the 'forum fame' and spotlights it can give to some of the entrants. It's so nice to give something back to the community, and I foresee myself continuing to organize it as long as I stay here on this forums.

Sound great! So, Quackers, on average, how many people join the CC each time?

My technomancers tell me that most CCs consist of 30 people on average. That's an average of 30 things to look at in awe.

That means a lot of great content then! Okay, over to some more personal questions

Let’s start with Darthmorf:
When did you start playing terraria?

Terraria was actually the reason I got steam in the first place. It was my first ever purchase on it, around about October 2013 (Just after the 1.2 update).
However, one of my friends had showed it to me almost a year before, but I wasn't into any other games apart from one certain all too popular PC game at that point. When another friend bought it and we decided to play it together. Since then, I've fallen in love with thus game.

What is your favourite item from any game and why?

For best ingame item? Damn, that's a hard choice. The phasesaber in Terraria is pretty good, and the drill mount is satisfying to use too. But I think that one of my favorite items comes from a Garry's Mod addon called M9K Weapons. The one I'm talking about is a really satisfying double barreled shotgun. It's shooting and reloading sounds are just so satisfying.

How did you come up with your name?

Well, when I made my account for that all to popular PC game, I originally shared it with my brother. (I later on bought the whole account off him). We wanted a Star Wars name, and a sith would be cool. For some reason we decided on 'darthmorf'. And that's a username I've used ever since.

What's your interests?

Well, of course, I really like playing video games. That's my main interest. I also love anything Star Wars. Anything.

Even Terrible bootleg star wars games?

Maybe not terrible bootleg games ;)

Do you trust me with the name RoboTTrustworthy?

Of course

And finally, Quackers:

I began playing Terraria around 2011, because my friends kept nagging me about it.

What is your favorite item from any game and why?

My favorite item is the Lunar Prism, without a doubt. It's been a while since a game gave you a bright death laser.

My usual username on the internet was Velka, and I could have used that, but I instead wanted something different because I didn't figure that people on the forums would really connect with any other place where I used the name Velka (It's actually an interesting contrast, forum-goers on steam call me Quackers while non-forum-goers call me Velka). So I picked two completely irrelevant interests I have, birds and the NATO alphabet. It also allowed me to change up my names with minimal confusion. QuackersAlpha, QuackersBeta, etc.

What are your interests?

I enjoy playing video games and not going outside to the cruel, sad world. And Axolotls. Those are really getting to be my number one interest.

I don't trust anyone with such a suspicious name. >:C

Believe it or not, we have ANOTHER person with us!
@Pixel

So pixel, when was the idea to create a member ran literature thread created?

The idea came to me from absolutely nowhere, really. It just popped into my mind and I went with it, y'know. I had seen group collaborations and what-have-you on YouTube and the such, and thought that the idea of a live collaboration with other prolific writers would be interesting. That's where I went off from, and began The Boreal Bookshelf--my first group collaboration. I'd say at this kind of time, my literature started to become recognised; started to become more well known than it already was. And from then on, I built on these foundations. Haha, I think I strayed from the point a little.

For about how long have you been doing literature?

Ever since I moved to England, really. Growing up in the UK as a Colombian boy was difficult, I admit, but it gave me time to grow into this wonderful language and comprehend the literature they had in store. Ever since then I read and I read, whether it was on a Kindle or on paper, and experimented with my writing. Of course, moving to France kind of halted that progress, and from there on I've been self teaching. All in all; I'd say I've been writing for 14 years.

How do you look at the future of pixel’s literature workshop?

I'm not quite sure. I mean, I've expressed that I'm feeling optimistic about it, but that's all really just concealing the doubt and uncertainity threatening to pull me down. We got off to a good start and now inactivty has really started to plague and affect the literature project as a whole. I'm trying to do what I can and encourage some activity, but I'm busy, the writers are busy, and literature on these forums is an underappreciated form of art. That is unequivocal, and it's taking a major hit on our motivation and terms of preference. To sum everything up generally, I guess I could put myself between the two states. Bad Future - Good Future. It all depends. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the better, eh?

I began playing Terraria when it was first released in public in 2011. At that time I was kind of interested in the Yogscast, not much of a fan nowadays, and I found Terraria through their video showcasing the game. I started playing the game and knew there was a forums, and only joined a little bit later--got banned. Either way, I've been playing Terraria for quite some time. It's up in the top 5 favourite games, that's for sure.

Pixel? Pretty simple, y'know. I guess I kind of grew attached to the name 'Pixel' when I first used it on sites and created characters that went by that exact name. Pixel rolls off the tongue and is catchy, so I thought I might change it up a bit, and when it came down to creating my name when registrating on the Terraria Community Forums, I went ahead and typed it in. Not really much of a way I came up with it, rather a motive of why I used it, but there we go.

What is your favourite item from any game and why?

My favourite item, hm. That really is a difficult question. I'm boring a hole in the wall thinking of the answer to this. The Murumasa from Terraria, I guess. The only reason I really value it as a favourite item is because of its nostalgic value. I remember getting that weapon back in 2011 and thinking of it as incredibly awesome. Not much to add to that. If I had a second item, it would be something from the Borderlands franchise.

What are your interests?

I like reading, writing, drawing in form of traditional art, and playing football. Reading has become a major part in helping my writing, drawing has helped me visualise my characters and concepts on paper, and playing football is playing football. Apart from that, I guess I play videogames a lot, but at lot less frequently than I used to.

I'd never tell you a single secret, you untrustworthy liar!

No, no, haha. I don't really know what to think about it. I've worked with you before and nothing has really involved trust, so I suppose I can presume you're trustworthy, yeah.

A lot of great answers! I hope this will clear up things about the CC and Pixel’s literature thread for people! It sure cleared up things for me :happy:
Thank you for reading!
If you wish to help make this series grow, please read below

Artist – We need someone to make some art for the title, something to divide different part (dividers) and a support banner! I will want to check through your content first though!

Writer – Do you wish to help with the writing of the series? If so we need help with coming up with more questions, extra text and much more! I will want to check through your content first though!

Interviewer – Would you like to help and talk to people? If so we need someone extra so we can talk to even more people! I will want to check through your content first though!
[DOUBLEPOST=1442506096,1442505863][/DOUBLEPOST]About Issue #2

divider.png

Issue #2 will NOT be posted this week, but will instead come next week!

I still need to work on some things, add some more members to the team, or well, create a team.

Thanks for your patience!

divider.png

Back
Top Bottom