Sprites The Whimsy (Alternate Hallow)

I love your alternate bie suggestions, and this is my favorite following with the river. These ideas are detailed enough, they have great sprites to accompany and they just sound amazing. And I love the fact that you include the fish as well (and paintings on others).

Could we be seeing an alternate beehive soon?

I like some of the sprites but in terms of overall concept I think the cyber would be a better hallow alternative.
Cool, but this isn't the place to plug The Cyber. (It's also not a place to bash it, for anyone wondering)
A new boss for this one? I don't remember the Hallow having any biome-specific bosses. Only one I can think of would be Rainbow Slime, and that's not even a boss or really a miniboss.
As an alt, the Whimsy will not introduce a boss.

No idea if it says here, but is this connected to the Crimson? It doesn't seem like a direct opposition, so I was wondering if it would be randomly chosen, or be an anti-Crimson like the Cyber.

No idea if it says here, but is this connected to the Crimson? It doesn't seem like a direct opposition, so I was wondering if it would be randomly chosen, or be an anti-Crimson like the Cyber.
It would be randomly chosen -- it is not meant to really oppose either the Corruption or the Crimson

I... I think this is my favourite Hallow alt yet...
I also think I like the music box version of the song more than the original... :o

Wow. There are alternates for EVERYTHING in this post! I didnt even think of half of the items that there would need to be alternates for!

;( Its beautiful

Just a quick question. You made a Whimsy Key, but what's the item that would be in the Whimsy Chest? And I also hope I didn't miss it, but where's the Whimsy Chest?

Just a quick question. You made a Whimsy Key, but what's the item that would be in the Whimsy Chest? And I also hope I didn't miss it, but where's the Whimsy Chest?
The Whimsy Chest is next to the key
ZkjZSBn.png

And the item it holds is the last weapon listed in Weapons & Accessories
5xsrINr.png

Wow, this is an amazing suggestion and fits well with the game in my opinion. Seems you caught cenx's attention too! You should create a banner so we can get more people to see this suggestion!

I feel that the whimsy is just too similar to the hallow in terms of theme and color scheme. Really, if they were to add a hallow alt, it would have to be something very different from the hallow to justify it. It's not really worth the work to change a few things and end up with a pretty similar biome.

I feel that the whimsy is just too similar to the hallow in terms of theme and color scheme. Really, if they were to add a hallow alt, it would have to be something very different from the hallow to justify it. It's not really worth the work to change a few things and end up with a pretty similar biome.
I think your issue here is that you simply can't "see" it. I could try making a mock up of it -- but trust me when I say it would be visually very different, despite having similar color themes.

For a base of reference -- it would be a lot "darker" than the Hallow with a heavier focus on Purples and Blues as opposed to Mints and Pinks.

Back
Top Bottom