NPCs & Enemies The White Cultists

On a scale of 1-5, how did I do?

• Total voters

Catman8274

Official Terrarian
aGaJ1JO.png

So we all know about this guy, right? He appears in the game files with a banner and everything. Though, he is currently unspawnable. But what if... he existed a bit more officially?

Ladies and Gentlemen... I present to you...
2iZ3qNX.png
aGaJ1JO.png

The White Cultists!
While the Blue Cultists are out performing their rituals to summon the Moon Lord... The whites are found deep within the dungeon... In a room behind a locked door... Supposedly the key to the door is found within the Dungeon... In the room, they find ways of harnessing the essence of the Cosmos.

The Key
To get into the lair of the White Cultists, you will need a Rusted Key.

w7jdeW8.png

This has a 5% chance to drop from any enemy in the Post-Plantera Dungeon. (Be careful if going in after defeating Golem... We wouldn't want to prematurely trigger the Lunar Events, now would we?)

Once you get the key, you will be able to access their lair. This where the White Cultists spawn.

The Cultists

aGaJ1JO.png

We all know the White Cultist Archer.
  • Damage: 45/90 (Melee); 80/160 (Ranged)
  • HP: 210/420
  • Defense: 14
  • KB Resist: 45%/50%
CGdg5dH.png

This is a White Cultist Fighter. He attacks with Melee.
  • Damage: 55/110
  • HP: 400/800
  • KB Resist: 35%/40%
2iZ3qNX.png

And the Caster/Devote... Think Rune Wizard, just less gnarly.
  • Damage: 50/100 (Melee); 45/90 (Magic)
  • HP: 300/600
  • KB Resist: 70%/73%
Drops:
  • Medal of the White Cult: Summons the Boss
  • Any Post-Plantera Dungeon Drops

The Boss
We can't have these guys leaderless. They need a leader of their own!

yavS7wv.png

The White Cultist Leader (I don't have a good name for him atm... Feel free to suggest one.)

• Damage: 50/75 (Melee); 36/72 (Runic Fireball); 80/120 (Ancient Tempest); 95/125(Celestial Portal); 100/150(Ancient Boulder); 30/45 (Demon Sickle); 85/115 (Magnet Sphere contact); 80/128 (Lost Soul); 60/96 (Shadowbeam); 80/128 (Inferno)
  • HP: 37000/45000
  • Defense: 42
  • KB Resist: 100%
You can probably tell by the stats... It's basically fighting the Lunatic Cultist. Except, he has attacks that the Lunatic does not.
Similar AI. He teleports and uses one of several different attacks. These attacks are:

• Firing a volley of Runic Fireballs, which home in on you.
  • Summoning several Ancient Tempests... Think Sand Elemental with double (triple in Expert) the damage.
  • Summoning Portals which act as hostile Lunar Portal Staff summons
  • Throwing Boulders at you
  • Firing off a volley of Demon Sickles
  • Firing off a few Lost Souls
  • Firing off a few Shadowbeams
  • Firing off a few Infernos
At about 2/3 health remaining (24667/37000 or 30000/45000 in Expert), he will summon two Magnet Spheres (they do damage you if you make contact with them) which orbit around him. They reflect whatever you throw at them right back at you. This makes the fight more challenging, as you either have to fire around the Spheres or be really good at dodging. At about 1/3 health remaining (12333/37000 or 15000/45000 in Expert), he summons two more. This makes the fight even more challenging.

In Expert Mode, he can also summon Devotes that have the same stats as Casters... But they're healers... They will heal him if left alone. So, don't leave them alone.

Drops:

Fvhxd25.png

Of course in Expert Mode, you're gonna get a Treasure Bag for beating him! Here are the possible contents (drops in Normal Mode):
One guaranteed Post-Plantera Dungeon drop! Yay!

Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Shroomite_Bar.png
Spectre_Bar.png
Chlorophyte, Shroomite, and Spectre Bars! (5-10 of each!)(100%)
Trophy (10%) (I'm gonna let you picture this.)
ImqJ44X.png
Mask (14.29%)
Super_Healing_Potion.png
Super Healing Potion (5-10) (100%) (That could a little OP... But useful!)
Gold_Coin.png
15 Gold Coins! (Don't spend it all in one place!)

Aftermath:
The Clothier begins selling the Solar Cultist clothes!

That's it so far!
Feel free to give me your feedback! I will take everything you say and use it to improve my suggestion!

If you want to support, then put this into your signature!
QtF3VFm.png

Just paste this code right into it!
Code:
[URL=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-white-cultists.59067/][img]http://i.imgur.com/QtF3VFm.png?1[/img][/URL]

Last edited:
Luminite pre-moon lord ? the only thing that you could make with luminite alone are : luminite arrows and bullets , these are the strongest ammo in the game , you can destroy the entire lunar events with it

aGaJ1JO.png

So we all know about this guy, right? He appears in the game files with a banner and everything. Though, he is currently unspawnable. But what if... he existed a bit more officially?

Ladies and Gentlemen... I present to you...
2iZ3qNX.png
aGaJ1JO.png

The White Cultists!
While the Blue Cultists are out performing their rituals to summon the Moon Lord... The whites are found deep within the dungeon... In a room behind a locked door... Supposedly the key to the door is found within the Dungeon... In the room, they find ways of harnessing the essence of the Cosmos.

The Key
To get into the lair of the White Cultists, you will need a Rusted Key.

w7jdeW8.png

This has a 5% chance to drop from any enemy in the Post-Plantera Dungeon. (Be careful if going in after defeating Golem... We wouldn't want to prematurely trigger the Lunar Events, now would we?)

Once you get the key, you will be able to access their lair. This where the White Cultists spawn.

The Cultists

aGaJ1JO.png

We all know the White Cultist Archer.
  • Damage: 45/90 (Melee); 80/160 (Ranged)
  • HP: 210/420
  • KB Resist: 45%/50%
CGdg5dH.png

This is a White Cultist Fighter. He attacks with Melee.
  • Damage: 55/110
  • HP: 400/800
  • KB Resist: 35%/40%
2iZ3qNX.png

And the Caster/Devote... Think Rune Wizard, just less gnarly.
  • Damage: 50/100 (Melee); 45/90 (Magic)
  • HP: 300/600
  • KB Resist: 70%/73%
Drops:
  • Medal of the White Cult: Summons the Boss
  • Any Post-Plantera Dungeon Drops

The Boss
We can't have these guys leaderless. They need a leader of their own!

yavS7wv.png

The White Cultist Leader (I don't have a good name for him atm... Feel free to suggest one.)

• Damage: 50/75 (Melee); 36/72 (Runic Fireball); 80/120 (Ancient Tempest); 95/125(Celestial Portal); 100/150(Ancient Boulder); 30/45 (Demon Sickle); 85/115 (Magnet Sphere contact); 80/128 (Lost Soul); 60/96 (Shadowbeam); 80/128 (Inferno)
  • HP: 37000/45000
  • Defense: 42
  • KB Resist: 100%
You can probably tell by the stats... It's basically fighting the Lunatic Cultist. Except, he has attacks that the Lunatic does not.
Similar AI. He teleports and uses one of several different attacks. These attacks are:

• Firing a volley of Runic Fireballs, which home in on you.
  • Summoning several Ancient Tempests... Think Sand Elemental with double (triple in Expert) the damage.
  • Summoning Portals which act as hostile Lunar Portal Staff summons
  • Throwing Boulders at you
  • Firing off a volley of Demon Sickles
  • Firing off a few Lost Souls
  • Firing off a few Shadowbeams
  • Firing off a few Infernos
At about 2/3 health remaining (24667/37000 or 30000/45000 in Expert), he will summon two Magnet Spheres (they do damage you if you make contact with them) which orbit around him. They reflect whatever you throw at them right back at you. This makes the fight more challenging, as you either have to fire around the Spheres or be really good at dodging. At about 1/3 health remaining (12333/37000 or 15000/45000 in Expert), he summons two more. This makes the fight even more challenging.

In Expert Mode, he can also summon Devotes that have the same stats as Casters... But they're healers... They will heal him if left alone. So, don't leave them alone.

Drops:

Fvhxd25.png

Of course in Expert Mode, you're gonna get a Treasure Bag for beating him! Here are the possible contents (drops in Normal Mode):
One guaranteed Post-Plantera Dungeon drop! Yay!

Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Shroomite_Bar.png
Spectre_Bar.png
Chlorophyte, Shroomite, and Spectre Bars! (5-10 of each!)
(100%)Trophy (10%) (I'm gonna let you picture this.)
ImqJ44X.png
Mask (14.29%)
Super_Healing_Potion.png
Super Healing Potion (5-10) (100%) (That could a little OP... But useful!)
Gold_Coin.png
15 Gold Coins! (Don't spend it all in one place!)

Aftermath:
The Clothier begins selling the Solar Cultist clothes!

"The earth is pulsating with celestial energy..."
This means that your world has been blessed with a resource that you would normally only get from the Moon Lord. (Or prepare as much you can...)

Luminite.png

Luminite! It gets spawned in chunks of about 15-25 (20-45 in Expert Mode!)! This means that you can properly prepare yourself for the Moon Lord when you beat the Pillar that represents your class!

That's it so far!
Feel free to give me your feedback! I will take everything you say and use it to improve my suggestion!

If you want to support, then put this into your signature!
fqBcEF7.png

Just paste this code right into it!
Code:
[URL=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-white-cultists.59067/][img]http://i.imgur.com/fqBcEF7.png[/img][/URL]

Yea... no support mainly because getting lumanite pre moon lord really op.
(Plus you make endgame armors with lumanite PRE MOON LORD!

I honestly don't know why I put that in there. I'd figured that'd be a little too OP... Perhaps that should be a different suggestion... I do still think you should be able to FIND Luminite. It's kinda bad that it only drops from the Moon Lord. Alright then! Off it goes! I'll put it elsewhere! Though, something still should happen when you beat the WCL... Any ideas? (Any ideas on a better name as well?)

For example, an item that turns the Dungeon drops into alternate versions that have either different stats, or unique behaviors. For example, the Rocket Launcher could fire a 3-Rocket spread, and the Tactical Shotgun could turn into an automatic shotgun.

For example, an item that turns the Dungeon drops into alternate versions that have either different stats, or unique behaviors. For example, the Rocket Launcher could fire a 3-Rocket spread, and the Tactical Shotgun could turn into an automatic shotgun.
Hm. Interesting.

I like this suggestion... For a name for the boss, since he has a plague mask, maybe something like "Plague Master" or "Disease Lord" Or something? Maybe something like the black death/bubonic plague sorta thing. I don't know, I'm a Dungeon Master in an RPG so I usually make names like "Grubtooth" or "Ruzen-gya the unchained" so nothing like that would work for a game like terraria where the names actually make sense :p

I like the thought, but the boss is a little too like the Lunatic Cultist. Maybe give it some new/unique weapons to differentiate and distinguish it from the Lunatic Cultist.

I like the thought, but the boss is a little too like the Lunatic Cultist. Maybe give it some new/unique weapons to differentiate and distinguish it from the Lunatic Cultist.
I sorta intended it to be similar to the Lunatic Cultist. Maybe the Lore could be that the two are brothers or something, I dunno. But, if you'll notice, there are different attacks.
The idea of unique drops was suggested and... well, I'm still trying to think some up.

This is neat, but try coming up with an individual sprite for the white/solar cultist leader, instead of just a recolored lunatic cultist. I think I may have a name for him/her, though. Do you know how the lunatic cultist was originally named "Ancient cultist"? Why not call the white cultist leader that? And why are people complaining about luminite pre-moon lord? It's not like you can do anything with the ore alone. You need an ancient manipulator to make luminite bars.

Hm... Well... I kinda like that sprite... I think I could probably call it the Ancient Cultist. And I'm actually with the people concerning the Luminite. I actually moved that to a different suggestion if you want to look at that.

This is neat, but try coming up with an individual sprite for the white/solar cultist leader, instead of just a recolored lunatic cultist. I think I may have a name for him/her, though. Do you know how the lunatic cultist was originally named "Ancient cultist"? Why not call the white cultist leader that? And why are people complaining about luminite pre-moon lord? It's not like you can do anything with the ore alone. You need an ancient manipulator to make luminite bars.

All you have to do is kill the lunatic cultists just to get the ancient manipulator

I really like the idea of involving the white cultists in the game but in my opinion they only should appear if the moon lord has been defeated as a key to trigger a post moon lord event maybe set up in the underworld with even stronger opponents, new crafting materials for more armor sets.

It's a great Idea but I think the caster could drop it's own staff, like the others drop, Shadowbeam, Diablo and Spectre staffs, the caster could drop a solar staff possibly.

Back
Top Bottom