Weapons & Equip The wings of Rah!

how about it?

• let's dig it up! ofcourse i want this!

• leave it in the sand..i don't care..

• cool idea! but it needs some rework.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Patano

Terrarian
okay before i get to the point i'd like to thank @Baconfry for motivating and helping me to make this thread:)

The wings of Rah
a pair of golden wings based on Rah the Egyptian god.
i got no sprite for the wings but i'm accepting any entry!(the best one wins ofcourse)
okay here it comes..

The wings of Rah nr5Bxl2.png
( by @DukePalkia_II )
flight capabilities; slightly inferior to bat wings (SLIGHTLY) due the fact that they're made of solid gold.
emits a yellow light (a bit less then the wisp does. like 75%)
leaves a small trial of flames which burns your enemies on flight with the burn debuff
they inflict a 20 base damage (not a specific class)

way to obtain; the generated pyramids (AFTER you have defeated the golem) by opening a tomb /sarcophagi
the key required to do this is a tomb key. obtainable by defeating the golem.
the pyramids need some attention re-logic, and i thought that this would help a bit.

(this section is for specific information i forgot to mention)
edit1:light only emits on flight.
edit2:the morphing idea got scrapped.
edit3:light still emits with vanity items on but won't emit if it's an vanity item itself!
edit4:the small trial of flames has NO knock back.

leave your thoughts feedback and suggestions please!
also, any offered pictures are welcome!

oh!and if you know of an cool item description for in the tooltip, don't hesitate to tell me!

Last edited:
honestly, this sounds too OP considering first that it is wings, and second everyone is going to dye it blue and gonna "gotta go fast" like sanic.
then again I like sanic.
but honestly, removing the intense light (maybe little light like other wings/ accessories) and remove the balling all together

honestly, this sounds too OP considering first that it is wings, and second everyone is going to dye it blue and gonna "gotta go fast" like sanic.
then again I like sanic.
but honestly, removing the intense light (maybe little light like other wings/ accessories) and remove the balling all together

how are these wings OP if there are much better wings? i mean..considering that they would be end game wings..with the lunar update comming re-logic probably has even more wings comming up..surprise surprise..even bypassing the fishron wings. their flight capability are just SLIGHTLY superior over ice wings.
morphing into a ball at a cost of 10 hp per second isn't OP. it's pretty capped actually.
healing traits are negated while morphed. thanks for your feedback though, I'll reconsider some things.

how are these wings OP if there are much better wings? i mean..considering that they would be end game wings..with the lunar update comming re-logic probably has even more wings comming up..surprise surprise..even bypassing the fishron wings. their flight capability are just SLIGHTLY superior over ice wings.
morphing into a ball at a cost of 10 hp per second isn't OP. it's pretty capped actually.
healing traits are negated while morphed. thanks for your feedback though, I'll reconsider some things.
I just think wings more of a, allows you to fly certain heights and thats it, I dont really think turning into balls really fits what wings are.
I mean, its a cool idea and all but I dont think it really fits wings

I just think wings more of a, allows you to fly certain heights and thats it, I dont really think turning into balls really fits what wings are.

well that's one track minded.. no offense though,

While I do agree that the pyramids need more attention I think this is a slightly flawed way to do it. I love the idea of desert wings and your sarcophagus idea is nice, the things could have a whole pool of desert loot as well honestly. What I disagree with is the "ball mode", wings are well...wings, they are for flight and not much else. I think that the ball idea would work better as a different accessory so that it could shine in its own right.

While I do agree that the pyramids need more attention I think this is a slightly flawed way to do it. I love the idea of desert wings and your sarcophagus idea is nice, the things could have a whole pool of desert loot as well honestly. What I disagree with is the "ball mode", wings are well...wings, they are for flight and not much else. I think that the ball idea would work better as a different accessory so that it could shine in its own right.

what are your thought's now?

With the changes you have made I think it would fit into the game really well and I would enjoy seeing it. Take my like!

This is a good idea but you should make the wings light up the same as the wisp. And Rah is an Egyptian god, he didnt just come straight from yugioh. And you should report one of your previous 2 posts before your last one and say they need to be merged. Double posts arent allowed in threads.

This is a good idea but you should make the wings light up the same as the wisp. And Rah is an Egyptian god, he didnt just come straight from yugioh. And you should report one of your previous 2 posts before your last one and say they need to be merged. Double posts arent allowed in threads.

thanks! :), and i know that rah is an egyptian god though. i actually meant the appearance :p and what do you mean with double posts?

thanks! :), and i know that rah is an egyptian god though. i actually meant the appearance :p and what do you mean with double posts?
double posts are when you post 2 times in a row. Its not allowed because the mods dont want spam.

Besides this being kinda op I made a sprite for this! :D
one thing if your going to have a damaging flame trail make the flight time a bit shorter so you can kyte and keep doing the same thing over and over.
Ghost_Wings.png

With the changes you have made I think it would fit into the game really well and I would enjoy seeing it. Take my like!

are these conditions still apealing/more appealing?

are these conditions still apealing/more appealing?
they are good and i think this is a legit wings suggestion now. But the flight time should be the same as the ice wings and beetle wings becuase you will probably get rah wings before beetle.

they are good and i think this is a legit wings suggestion now. But the flight time should be the same as the ice wings and beetle wings becuase you will probably get rah wings before beetle.

i did a test for myself with the wisp to find out that the wisp's actual light-radius.
i found out that it was bigger than i expected. thanks for pointing this out. and they're just slightly better..could be 5% could be 1% :p
imo re-logic should buff the beetle wings though
[DOUBLEPOST=1415162607][/DOUBLEPOST]
one thing if your going to have a damaging flame trail make the flight time a bit shorter so you can kyte and keep doing the same thing over and over.
View attachment 8922

good point!
i'll bring this into consideration!
just need to do a few tests again.
and thanks for the sprite! much appriciated :)

View attachment 8922

how about now? better?

As I've stated I don't like the idea of wings doing much more than allowing flight so...

you did say that you liked my idea:p (btw i think that you really should take a look at my new adjustments as the benefits are reduced to a certain point in which you probably don't mind anymore)

and hoverboard and ghost wings

They are all post plantera and they fly as high as ice wings and leaf wings which you can get as soon as you enter hm. Or the leaf and ice wings can be nerfed.

that's optional aswell.

Back
Top Bottom