tModLoader The Xoveron Mod

Is the content of this mod the kind of thing that interests you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cylent Nite

Terrarian
You see it quite often- Players fresh into the world of Terraria modding who want the most they can get; So they install all the major mods at once and go nuts with it!

logo_by_cylent_nite-dby9v4u.png

Welcome to the Xoveron Mod! This is a relatively minor content mod pack that I've been working on in private that I've since decided to share publicly. It is a mod that aims to promote and enhance upon the experience of playing multiple heavy game content mods at once! More specifically, Xoveron supports and crosses over elements from the duo of major Terraria modding when installed:
When you have all of them together, the mod enhances the prominent modded content by utilizing their existing items the mods offer together as crafting materials to create a sense of streamlined unity and adding fresh and exciting new content to keep you invested in this already very addicting game sphere!

Disclaimer: Xoveron does not promise to balance gameplay- but it will aim to keep you having fun!!

Find below a preview of some of the things that have been implemented so far and things that are being worked on.

Here you'll see a chart of content I've so far implemented into the mod, as well as notes for things that I have planned for later as I go along with development further along the line.

xoveronchart_by_cylent_nite-dcmhyos.png

For those who remember the original chart, I've since overhauled some ideas after reviewing some concerns, so I've scaled back to focusing on just Thorium and Calamity, with the earlier Spirit and Tremor support ideas coming back later in a standalone companion mod.

Most of what I'm doing here is focusing on core Thorium and Calamity elements, particular with the Legendary series, where Calamitas drops are focused on along with items created out of Thorium as well as Grand Thunder Bird drops. The Combination series focuses on pairing up items from nearly every boss between Thorium and Calamity and creating fresh items out of combinations between the two.

Currently the major brunt of what's being working on are the crafting materials, where I've devised a few different Bars that are created from materials from both mods, while also drawing back reference to Vanilla content, with the bars in question being used to craft various Vanilla drops and limited loot.

The idea with some of the item creation is to allow for some items that would otherwise be accessed later to be utilized much sooner, optimizing the use of particular items that would otherwise be ignored at the point of the game they're found. Bringing the materials together there are also alternative means of accessing Hallowed Bars and Luminite Bars, by having them crafted out of combinations between the customized bars.

Aside from the crossover content in mind, I'm using the mod as a side project for some "expansion" items, as seen with the Thorium "ultimate sword" crafting tree, and Calamity-based Bard items.

xoveronnpcs_by_cylent_nite-dby9hqo.png

General Town NPCs - Xoveron adds several Town NPCs that still work even without the other mods installed. They appear after the defeats of major vanilla bosses and offer some interesting new items and activities.
  • Cursed Shinobi - Appears after the defeat of King Slime. A ninja from a faraway clan who was forced to leave his village due to a curse he had received from an mysterious source. Sells various Slime/Gel-based items, with planned "Master Ninja Gear" to be provided from him in the future.

• Hive Princess - Appears after the defeat of Queen Bee. The heiress of the Hive Colonies of the Jungle who joins the human society out of curiosity for the one who defeated her mother. Sells various Bee/Honey-based items, with planned "Royal Drone Gear" to be provided from her in the future.

• Lost Girl? - Appears when a Metal Detector is in the player's inventory. The mysterious girl you encountered in the caverns has appeared amongst your people. Provides the Concentrated Plasma Quest, where different types of Concentrated Plasma (food-based items crafted from different types of item drops from across the four mods) are given to her in exchange for Xoverite Ores.

• Strange Botanist - Appears after Plantera is defeated. From a faraway land, she is the younger sister of the Dye Trader who became a botanist due to his interest in Strange Plants. Investigating Plantera remains, she offers Plantera-based items with a planned minor crafting quest in the future.

• Lihzahrd Technician - Appears after the Golem is defeated. A member of the lost Lihzahrd race, he has come to the surface after their protector sentry was dismantled. Only caring about building machinery, he offers to salvage Golem remains for items with a planned minor crafting quest in the future.

• Famished Duke - Appears after Duke Fishron is defeated. The Duke himself is back, and he is hungry. Rather hungry for more of the elusive Truffle Worms, instead of waiting out for the hero to fish him out for more he has decided to join the human civilization. He offers the hero Angler Quest Fish of choice in exchange for Truffle Worms.

• Dark Mage - Appears after Betsy is defeated. After the Etherian Army was shamed with the defeat of their Dragon trump card, the Dark Mage appears amongst the humans. He offers the hero various Hoarded Bags of Essences/Fragments/Souls in exchange for Defender Medals. He doesn't value the Medals, but merely revels in the irony of the hero exchanging their rewards in exchange for services from their enemy.
The Biome Quest NPCs are currently put on hold, so they're not in the current version of the mod, however they are planned to be brought back later if I ever get around to working on the companion mod. In place of the Biome Quest NPCs is a special guest NPC who can be found in the current build.

dawnmaiden_by_cylent_nite-dby9hqz.png

The Dawn Maiden

One of the few bosses I hope to integrate into the Xoveron Mod as I learn more about C# programming (which may take a while since I'm basically learning from scratch, haha). Obviously very Moon Lord-esque in nature, she serves in story as I guess, "the Moon Lord's ex", haha.

Design-wise I've based her design on the Baphomet in a similar manner that the Moon Lord is modelled after Cthulhu. Upon defeat drops a necessary material required for the planned Moon Lord Revival Quest.

At the present this is just something I'm doing solo for fun, so it's pretty slow moving as far as all the big stuff is involved. I've had a lot of experience spriting, so it's been fun creating the assets and making them usable in-game! While I've got all the weapons and items on the chart here modded in so far, I'm still working balancing and making the weapons seem a bit more interesting. I hope to have a published upload of the mod once I've got some decent framework of a boss established! And many more item combinations are worked out for further equipment!

If you'd like to offer any help or suggestions or would like to be involved in any way, or just wanting to hang out and talk Terraria- then feel free to join in at the Xoveron Mod Discord Channel! For now, enjoy looking at the pretty pictures!

Last edited:
So the other day I uploaded an initial version of the mod on the Mod Browser, didn't finish as much as I anticipated before I did but it was nice getting it out there at least! The first release includes:

- 4 of the 11 planned Town NPCs: Cursed Shinobi, Lost Girl, Famished Duke and Overseeing Angel (Lost Girl and Overseeing Angel have yet to have full relevance as of yet and Cursed Shinobi will have more stuff for sale later as I work on the new relevant gear; Famished Duke is finished and working properly however!)

- 11 weapons: The entire 'Will of the People' line is complete, which is made up of 5 melee weapons which are then fused to create the Will of the People. And the Xoverite Sword line is integrated also, which eventually evolves into the Gaea Blade line, and I've included a preview of the Terraxis, a major late game item planned out.

- 2 Armor sets: The Xoverite Armor set is integrated, although as I continue play testing I'll add ways to make it more interesting, as well as it's upgraded form. The upgrade is integrated, however still a minor recolour at this stage, I'll soon update it with it's tweaked design as featured in the Content Chart.

- All the Biome Essences, Crystals and Cores are integrated and able to craft, however their purposes towards gear crafting is still yet to be put in, but the framework is there at least for the moment.

---

Currently I'm trying to get at least a simple boss added in for the first proper version actually worth playing, haha.

unknown.png

Still very early stages as I'm still struggling with getting the hang of some coding facets, it's basically just behaving like the Eye of Cthulhu right now. But this is the Guide of Flesh, one of the few bosses I have planned out. Still tinkering with the design, but the overall idea is apparent.

If anyone is interested in helping out in any way, I'd love to have you on-board! Particularly in the coding department, it would be great to find someone who could help point me in the right direction for things, as I'd still love to learn how to do things myself as well.

This mod certainly seems like it's going to be well worth it! I'm going to spend some time on the mod, but just one question...if I may...What does that strange amulet actually do? I just want to make sure if it does anything, because it DOES take some ingredients you can never get ever again, so like, I want to make sure I'm not investing in something that I can't use, haha.

I'm loving the looks of this! The Dawn Maiden looks pretty badass so far, and the Guide of Flesh, despite sounding a little silly, has a nice sprite. Keep up the good work :D

Depsite your mod based around other mods your very creative with your own content and I enjoy that, you certainly set an ideal example for all mods.The mod helps the other mods really fit better seamlessly. Hopefully I can see more of this stuff from you!

Last edited:
I'm guessing this mod needs all four of the content mods active? Or can i play it with only Calamity and Thorium and get only content related to those two?

I'm guessing this mod needs all four of the content mods active? Or can i play it with only Calamity and Thorium and get only content related to those two?
it requires all 4, much to my annoyance. if we could get a version that doesn't require calamity, that'd be great. i can actually bear tremor because it doesn't f:redspin:ing break the game and add in stupid-hard bosses to compensate.

To be perfectly honest, my opinion on this, is that it's not a very good idea to combine all 4 of these mods and then add more content on top of that. The balancing of all of these mods is very incompatible, as Calamity equipment will always be best, and there will be very little reason to fight any other mod bosses. It wouldn't be a good experience for a player who wants to get into mods, as said person will be overwhelmed by the amount of content and balancing of each individual mod's enemies. Personally, I see that the best experience a new player can have is by playing one or two mods at a time. Having 4 different huge mods can get messy in terms of content too, I don't know about Tremor or Spirit mod, but Thorium and Calamity both add new biomes, so the world might be overfilled with different biomes with varying difficulties if all 4 add new biomes.

I think that you should finish up on your own content, and then combine your mod with one or two more balance-compatible mods. But, that's just my opinion as a player.
The content independent of other mods that you made looks awesome so far btw!

To be perfectly honest, my opinion on this, is that it's not a very good idea to combine all 4 of these mods and then add more content on top of that. The balancing of all of these mods is very incompatible, as Calamity equipment will always be best, and there will be very little reason to fight any other mod bosses. It wouldn't be a good experience for a player who wants to get into mods, as said person will be overwhelmed by the amount of content and balancing of each individual mod's enemies. Personally, I see that the best experience a new player can have is by playing one or two mods at a time. Having 4 different huge mods can get messy in terms of content too, I don't know about Tremor or Spirit mod, but Thorium and Calamity both add new biomes, so the world might be overfilled with different biomes with varying difficulties if all 4 add new biomes.

I think that you should finish up on your own content, and then combine your mod with one or two more balance-compatible mods. But, that's just my opinion as a player.
The content independent of other mods that you made looks awesome so far btw!

I believe your main point, regarding the balance of the mods, is something that this mod seeks to address. By adding in stuff that connects different tiers of difficulty it has the potential of creating a better flow between the mods.

Though to do this effectively I believe there needs to be a decent number of armors/weapons/bosses etc. One set of armor and two or three bosses won't change much. Unless, of course, the content is strictly designed to be post-Calamity level of difficulty.

Personally I love the idea of adding in some content to bridge the gap between the big mods. I would, however, like to see a version of this mod that doesn't require any extra content (in which case the equipment would be scaled down to match Vanilla scaling).

Keep up the good work!

GAH! The Guide of Flesh looks terrifying. In a awesome way, of course.

Great job so far on this mod! ;)

I really love using this mod in my playthrough, it's really fun so far... however I have a single complaint and that's with the health of the No'Xu Watchers. They have 12000 health, and since they spawn in at any time I had trouble killing them my first day. I'd recommend halving their health as they have more than most bosses in prehardmode

I really love using this mod in my playthrough, it's really fun so far... however I have a single complaint and that's with the health of the No'Xu Watchers. They have 12000 health, and since they spawn in at any time I had trouble killing them my first day. I'd recommend halving their health as they have more than most bosses in prehardmode
Yeah yeah! The No'Xu Watchers are bothering me in my world! I don't even defeated King Slime yet..

Back
Top Bottom