Console The Year Ahead & The Community "Takes Control"

keep the right and left buttons for ps3 (r1, l1, r3, l2, analog sticks) because i am all too used to them.

Thank you for the update! Being in the dark sucks!
I think the control schemes are thought out really well for the most part now that the quick buff button has been implemented.
I have only one complaint/request, please fix the use mechanic for the rod of dischord on the playstation ecosystem. I had to afk farm for just about 19 hours to finally recieve a rod of dischord on Ps4 only to realize that it's effectively useless! When you select the rod on your hot bar the auto cursor comes on and only allows you to teleport within a six block radius. I literally can not even teleport up to the second floor of my house, much less even think of using it for caving. Please, please look into this for the upcoming update!
Thank you for all of the hard work that is being done to bring these updates to console. Long live the Terraria universe!

On behalf of all the console players, thank you very, very, very much for giving us more Terraria. You guys rule.

If Start opened your inventory you couldn't pull the map back up since there is no other room on the controller. If it wasn't like this it wouldn't be a bad idea. :joy:
Oh, sorry. I only play Xbox Terraria rarely (when a friend brings it over and his Xbox as well). :/ I just found it odd that Start wasn't pause.

a glitch I encountered I had a ton of actuators in a 1.2.2 arena on xbox 360 and now after the update whenever I place a block in my arena it is turned off although there are no actuators there plz try and fix this

ahem...... if FAIR TREATMENT was a real thing console would have 1.3 already.
i believe the main reason that console gets "console only" content is because of the long wait times we have for the next update cause console terrarians (like me) constantly get let down when they click on the coin gun or any other item that was introduced in 1.2.4 or later. Plus we have to deal with the fact of (and this is the worst part), we KNOW 1.3 is out there on pc but we wont have 1.2.4 till late this year

so to answer your question..... no u may not recieve any console exculsive content XP

We have 1.3 already because Terraria came out on PC two years before going multi-platform. And before you say "we had to wait 2 years" I should remind you that Terraria for the consoles was revealed out of the blue not long before it's release. Before that nobody had any idea it was going to come to the consoles. You don't wait for something that (as far as you know) isn't going to happen, not unless you're too optimistic for your own good. So no, you didn't wait for anything.

Anyway, you're getting the updates at a faster rate than we got them, since most of the work was already done by Re-Logic and all 505 has to do is port them. If that's not true and they somehow take longer to do so than it took Re-Logic to make them, well then 505 really suck at their jobs. Either way I don't see how it's my problem, it's not my fault you're not getting your updates in time.

FYI waiting for 1.3 is temporary. Exclusive content is permanent. So no, it's not justified, not even close.

I don't want the console & mobile content. I know some of it is copyrighted by other companies, like the Android and the Worms stuff. But PC should have exclusive content, truly exclusive, of it's own to make up for it.

I want them to make a option for the cursor like PCs to make full use of the blizzard staff and rid of discord

Hi I've used my controller at my pc for I since 1.2 came out and I never had any problems.
I used a playstation and a XBox Controller. And this is how I configured it:
(I never really played the console-version so I don't know if this could work like this, but I want to share it :D)

Action \ Playstation \ Xbox
Use Held Item/Attack \ L1 \ LB
Activate Environment Object \ R1 \ RB
Inventory \ Start \ Start
Jump \ X \ A
Quick Buff \ D-Pad Left \ D-Pad Left
Left-Right-Up-Down Movement \ Left Thumbstick \ Left Thumbstick
Hotbar Selection \ D-Pad Up/Down \ D-Pad Up/Down
Map \ Select \ Back
Grapple \ L2 \ LT
Smart Cursor Toggle \ Click Right Thumbstick \ Click Right Thumbstick
Use Bound Item \ Don't know what that is :D
Jump to first Item in the Hotbar \ □ \ X
Jump to second Item in the Hotbar \ O \ B
Quick heal \ △ \ Y
Quick mount \ D-Pad Right \ D-Pad Right
Toggle mini map \ Click Left Thumbstick \ Click Left Thumbstick

I hope this somehow helps :D

So glad to see 1.2.4 is finally coming to console. :happy:`:happy::dryadhappy::merchantgrin::nursegrin:~:happy: Things I'm looking forward to...
New furniture.
New crafting stations.
Fishing.
Minecarts.
New potions, definitely gonna make fighting moon events much easier.
Duke Fishron.
And everything else.

As far as control scheme goes I'm pretty happy with how the controls right now.

Be happy, the update will be here before you realize it :D

I can't wait for the update to come out on console terraria is getting better and better and better keep up the good work

Ps can't wait for terraria on the Mac to come out:golem:

Could you add the ability to take screenshots via the XMB on PS3 also, when playing the screen will randomly zoom in and out, this is barely noticable but could you add a feature which allows the player to zoom in as this could be helpful when building :)

Explicitly avoiding to filter to spread hate is unnacceptable
<Content removed due to excessive, and purposeful filter evasion>

Last edited by a moderator:
How 'bout real custom controls, where you can choose them in game, instead of multiple controller schemes?

Good Day, Terrarians!

Hot on the heels of our official Terraria on Nintendo reveal last week, we wanted to give you an update on our plans for the rest of the console platforms – and then to ask you, the community, for your invaluable input on a change we are looking to make as a part of these updates. So, without further ado, off we go:

kdcROYP.png

CONSOLE TERRARIA CONTENT UPDATE PLANS

Through a variety of issues, we wound up in a situation where the previously-launched “Additions” update did not wind up containing the entirety of Terraria 1.2.3 content. At the same time, we had started work on the next round of content – and, unfortunately, launching post-1.2.3 content into versions of the game that do not already have the full 1.2.3 update would cause all kinds of issues – for us and for you guys!

So, that leaves us at a crossroads of sorts – and here is what we have decided to do:

We will release the content below as one update – currently planned for the 4th Quarter of 2015 (Oct-Dec), though we will provide a more exact date as soon as possible
  • The remainder of the 1.2.3 content
  • Terraria 1.2.4, in its entirety, including (but not limited to):
  • Minecarts
  • Fishing
  • Duke Fishron
  • And much much more!

So, that – coupled with the recent mobile announcements – will mean that all of the existing Terraria console/mobile platforms will be up to the 1.2.4 level by the end of 2015! Nintendo being the exception, as it doesn’t launch until after the new year.

Beyond that, we have started looking into the 1.3 source code, and will share any plans there just as soon as we have them together.

kdcROYP.png

CUSTOM CONTROLS – WE NEED YOU!

As a part of the update later this year, we are looking to add some additional control schemes beyond the default that is currently in the game. These will likely be in the form of various “alternate” control setups that you would select from in the options menu.

That’s where you come in – we have listed the Default (as it exists today) below. We would love to have you – the community – propose your alternatives to us for possible inclusion in the coming update!

To submit your idea,
  • Make a post in this thread with your suggested changes.
  • Please note that we are only altering button configurations and not adding new functionality to the controller itself.
  • Also you MUST note which platform (Xbox/Playstation) you are addressing.

Action | Playstation | Xbox
Use Held Item/Attack|R1|RT
Activate Environment Object|O|B
Inventory| △|Y
Jump| X or L3|A or L3
Quick Buff|□|X
Left-Right-Up-Down Movement|Left Thumbstick|Left Thumbstick
Hotbar Selection|L2+R2|LB+RB
Map|Select|Back
Grapple|L1|LT
Smart Cursor Toggle|R3|Click Right Thumbstick
Use Bound Item|D-Pad|D-Pad
kdcROYP.png

That's it for now! We are very much looking forward to seeing what awesome control scheme ideas you come up with - and to hopefully sharing some spoilers and additional information around the update coming later this year.

Thanks for your support, your feedback, and for everything else you do!
Maybe for Xbox swap around the controls for invert toro and smart touggle

Or how about just letting us assign our own buttons, so we can have whatever button we want do whatever we want.

Back
Top Bottom