Console The Year Ahead & The Community "Takes Control"

Well that is excellent news. Glad to hear 1.2.4 will be complete, and the next edition for update. Awaiting so many things, especially carts and tree planting, and; ok there is a lot of stuff...:dryadgrin:

Onto the control scheme.

Actually The only thing I would like to see is just 2 buttons swapped.

Xbox
X and B button swapped.

Basically will be the same as default but with X and B button swapped.

X - activate environment object
B - Buffs

For Table change see spoiler below:
I just copied the table as a whole from the original post and modified the 2 buttons, to show what I mean.
Main Focus is the XBOX:

Action | Playstation | Xbox
Use Held Item/Attack|R1|RT
Activate Environment Object|O|X
Inventory| △|Y
Jump| X or L3|A or L3
Quick Buff|□|B
Left-Right-Up-Down Movement|Left Thumbstick|Left Thumbstick
Hotbar Selection|L2+R2|LB+RB
Map|Select|Back
Grapple|L1|LT
Smart Cursor Toggle|R3|Click Right Thumbstick
Use Bound Item|D-Pad|D-Pad

That is all I would like to see in control scheme. Simple yes, but something I would prefer; even if it is only just swapping 2 buttons. The rest is setup fine for me as is by default. Hope that was ok to copy/paste the table.:dryadsmile:

We need a better cursor

PC smart-cursor on console would be awesome. I do a lot of Terraforming/smoothing/biome (re)building to worlds before I even start building on them - sometimes this is a week long process. of pain. pain. digging up all the random blocks at the surface and replacing them with 5000+ dirt/mud/sand, etc. hurts.
It's completely necessary to make a nice-looking world though (for me.)

why dont all games just allow button mapping so people can make their own comftorable controls without having to pick from 80 different control schemes it just makes more sense than only having 3-5 :/

I would imagine they are seeking alternate scheme ideas in the event that the community would gravitate towards, say 4-5 that would cover nearly everyone.

If there were much more than that, I would then imagine that the extra effort for full custom would be worthwhile.

Pretty sure they were transparent in explaining the reason for the delay/gap vs the "fast and smaller" plan initially. Things happen in life - and game development. ;)

Ninja!

This news is about the console version, not the mobile version.
There was already an announcement about the mobile version getting all the missing content up to 1.2.4.
Also, nothing to do? You can build your own entire world in this game.

Hmmm, a new control scheme...i'll have to see if there is one that could possibly be more efficient for building.
Thanks for telling me, I wasn't sure on wether I'd have to wait to get all the recent content in the game... And along with my entire world, I can't think of anything that might be fun. But still, I've come up with a few ideas, so don't worry! :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1438880408,1438880326][/DOUBLEPOST]
then get the pc version! -.- what's so hard about just signing in on steam and buying it?
I don't have a steam account, plus I don't want to buy the game again triple price to get 2 new updates
[DOUBLEPOST=1438880604][/DOUBLEPOST]
This post pertains to the console versions only.

There have been several recent posts in regards to updates on the Mobile front.

I'm actually glad they shared the rationale behind the decision - and I mean, it sucks to wait that long I know - but I cannot fault that decision given the circumstances.

Remember guys, submit your entire controller scheme table - it will be impossible for them to pick out one line of text in what could be piles of posts. ;)
Ok, thanks for the info, wasn't entirely keen on buying the whole game again for 2 (or 3 depending on who you may be to point people out on stuff) new updates and having to build everything all over again. Like I said, thanks, otherwise I might have been burnt out on it! (And I have before, it's just not good! :) )

Thanks for telling me, I wasn't sure on wether I'd have to wait to get all the recent content in the game... And along with my entire world, I can't think of anything that might be fun. But still, I've come up with a few ideas, so don't worry! :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1438880408,1438880326][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't have a steam account, plus I don't want to buy the game again triple price to get 2 new updates
if it's your number 1 game then why would you NOT buy it twice?
Besides, i have both the PC AND mobile versions, and i'm gonna buy both the WIIU and 3DS versions when they come out.
and what's wrong with registering a steam account? it's just like the people that don't want to make Skype accounts. it's so dumb.

if it's your number 1 game then why would you NOT buy it twice?
Besides, i have both the PC AND mobile versions, and i'm gonna buy both the WIIU and 3DS versions when they come out.
and what's wrong with registering a steam account? it's just like the people that don't want to make Skype accounts. it's so dumb.
It's the fact that I don't own a computer with the prosessing ability to actually run terraria. It would just lag out all the time and I wouldn't be able to move, let alone summon a boss! ;-) but I am hopefully going to get it in the future, with it being ahead of every single other platform and all.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438880932,1438880825][/DOUBLEPOST]
We need a better cursor
There is some way of making your cur sure more visible in the games files, but I'm unsure on how to do it... There's some tutorials online on how to go and change the outline to a sleek white colour! :)

There is some way of making your cur sure more visible in the games files, but I'm unsure on how to do it... There's some tutorials online on how to go and change the outline to a sleek white colour! :)

that's for the PC version.

It's the fact that I don't own a computer with the prosessing ability to actually run terraria. It would just lag out all the time and I wouldn't be able to move, let alone summon a boss! ;-) but I am hopefully going to get it in the future, with it being ahead of every single other platform and all.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438880932,1438880825][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is a thread about console, not PC.

Until then can we get a bug fix update before 1.2.4 because i am really getting tired of my game crashing every 30 minutes or less.

Hey, sounds great! I have the PS4, Xbox360 and PC versions, but I have always preferred the Xbox360 version (probably because it was the first system I ever played it on). I always thought the controls for the PC were clunky (A, S, D keys for movement? Reminded me of playing Rogue on a mainframe back in the 70's). After a while, though, you get used to the controls... it just takes time.

I know I paid over $20 for both of the console versions... the PC version on Steam is regularly less than $10 (I got mine last year on sale for $2.99)... so yeah, based on price alone, the consoles should have first crack at all the updates.... but I don't think the devs know how to program on the consoles (I just learned how last year... took about 3 months to write a game for the Xbox360 from scratch learning XNA at the same time) so they farm that out and it takes longer... understandable... but a shame. As for putting it on mobile devices... not sure they are even advanced enough to run most stuff efficiently.

... but if this process continues, I would pay for a cool Atari 2600 version (yes, I still have my system)... and an Atari 800 version with the tAPI so I could mess with the code (just found out about the tAPI today... will definitely be working with it in the future :) )

In all reality, the devs have gone WAY above and beyond any reasonable persons expectations with the updates to this game... they rock!

~Jim

I would like a PC like cursor. If not, faster cursor speed. Another thing, is it possible to remove that teleporter wire limit?

Back
Top Bottom