Console The Year Ahead & The Community "Takes Control"

personally on the Vita I like the control scheme. the only thing I can think of adding is touch support for any summoning weapons like the Nimbus and Crimson Rod or the Staff of the Frost Hydra.

YESSSSSS!!!!! MY DREAM IS FUFILLED :D (I have been waiting 4 eva :) Cant Wait (I will sharpen my blade till I meet fishron OFF TOO BATTLE!!!!

it seems that coustom controlls is a badly wanted feature and i want it too plus if you push down thy left thumstick bouttion it will quick heal and replenish your mana

Can you put like the list of pets that are on console because I need like 3 more trophies until I get the platinum trophy and I have no clue what pets are on and aren't on console except for the event pets and the exclusive pets.

I play on Xbox 360 and would love the option to toggle the smart cursor by clicking the left thumbstick instead of the right. Custom controls would be better but I'd settle for that. Also if you could sneak the coin ring in with this update I'd appreciate it ;)

Can you put like the list of pets that are on console because I need like 3 more trophies until I get the platinum trophy and I have no clue what pets are on and aren't on console except for the event pets and the exclusive pets.

Follow the list from here, should be accurate since I followed it and got it in the end:
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/terraria/194731-terraria-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

When you get them all, use them all at least once for the trophy/achievement to trigger. There's 25 in total. Honeycomb listed is actually Beeswax.

Last edited:
On PS4 the second jump button (L3 or L1 If using alternet grappling mode) could be used as quick buff and square drops the current item your holding:D:dryadgrin::merchantgrin::nursegrin:~:D`:D:joy::brain:
[DOUBLEPOST=1440015761,1440015726][/DOUBLEPOST]:joy:

While i have read many replies to the OP, i have found that many ideas need fleshing out even here. So upon further thought i wanted to possibly clarify a need many of us have on console. With the option of smart cursor and manual cursor i'd like to see more manuverability in manual cursor mode. While a few people have already asked here and probably in many other threads, id like to clarify something that might help in solidifying this idea to be more of a 'size that fits all' rather than a vague idea for you guys.
I personally would like to see the speed in manual cursor mode not only extended for some items (i.e. The blizzard staff, rod of discord) but also sped up in general. The speed in itself is something that players would ask for customization if it was implemented and this could be achieved by a 'slider bar' in the options menu (much like sound is now). E.g. Something maybe from 0-100, 0 being the base speed it is now and 100 being to dang fast. (Obviously joking but you get the point hopefully)

Another topic i'd like to get into is also cursor based and this results in some moments of losing my cursor in building and mining situations. (Very rarely combat) i think an option to change the manual cursor or even both cursors at once or seperate to different colors would be nice . I have spent a good bit of time trying to track down my cursor simply because it seems to dissapear on screen with things like the wisp in a bottle (mostly because the wisp tracks the manual cursor movement if not moving) but there are other occasions like when using an afk farm that i lost my cursor and have to track it down because of the amount of objects on screen.

To recap it all and to simplify it all down i'm recommending cursor options including (but not limited to)

Cursor speed options
Cursor outline, color, or transparency options.
Removing cursor limitations to certain items.

a note to you guys at 505 thank you for the game as it is now, and hopefully we'll see some kind of implementation of these said features.
And thank you for hopefully taking the time to read through these posts (not just mine alone)

Good Day, Terrarians!

Hot on the heels of our official Terraria on Nintendo reveal last week, we wanted to give you an update on our plans for the rest of the console platforms – and then to ask you, the community, for your invaluable input on a change we are looking to make as a part of these updates. So, without further ado, off we go:

kdcROYP.png

CONSOLE TERRARIA CONTENT UPDATE PLANS

Through a variety of issues, we wound up in a situation where the previously-launched “Additions” update did not wind up containing the entirety of Terraria 1.2.3 content. At the same time, we had started work on the next round of content – and, unfortunately, launching post-1.2.3 content into versions of the game that do not already have the full 1.2.3 update would cause all kinds of issues – for us and for you guys!

So, that leaves us at a crossroads of sorts – and here is what we have decided to do:

We will release the content below as one update – currently planned for the 4th Quarter of 2015 (Oct-Dec), though we will provide a more exact date as soon as possible
  • The remainder of the 1.2.3 content
  • Terraria 1.2.4, in its entirety, including (but not limited to):
  • Minecarts
  • Fishing
  • Duke Fishron
  • And much much more!

So, that – coupled with the recent mobile announcements – will mean that all of the existing Terraria console/mobile platforms will be up to the 1.2.4 level by the end of 2015! Nintendo being the exception, as it doesn’t launch until after the new year.

Beyond that, we have started looking into the 1.3 source code, and will share any plans there just as soon as we have them together.

kdcROYP.png

CUSTOM CONTROLS – WE NEED YOU!

As a part of the update later this year, we are looking to add some additional control schemes beyond the default that is currently in the game. These will likely be in the form of various “alternate” control setups that you would select from in the options menu.

That’s where you come in – we have listed the Default (as it exists today) below. We would love to have you – the community – propose your alternatives to us for possible inclusion in the coming update!

To submit your idea,
  • Make a post in this thread with your suggested changes.
  • Please note that we are only altering button configurations and not adding new functionality to the controller itself.
  • Also you MUST note which platform (Xbox/Playstation) you are addressing.

Action | Playstation | Xbox
Use Held Item/Attack|R1|RT
Activate Environment Object|O|B
Inventory| △|Y
Jump| X or L3|A or L3
Quick Buff|□|X
Left-Right-Up-Down Movement|Left Thumbstick|Left Thumbstick
Hotbar Selection|L2+R2|LB+RB
Map|Select|Back
Grapple|L1|LT
Smart Cursor Toggle|R3|Click Right Thumbstick
Use Bound Item|D-Pad|D-Pad
kdcROYP.png

That's it for now! We are very much looking forward to seeing what awesome control scheme ideas you come up with - and to hopefully sharing some spoilers and additional information around the update coming later this year.

Thanks for your support, your feedback, and for everything else you do!
I'm thinking the same thing Loki

So if they don't know than how about a guess for what day it's Guna come out
[DOUBLEPOST=1440091745,1440091590][/DOUBLEPOST]And I play Xbox 360 and I have all the stuff that the event bosses drop but I don't have the reindeer bells yet

So if they don't know than how about a guess for what day it's Guna come out
[DOUBLEPOST=1440091745,1440091590][/DOUBLEPOST]And I play Xbox 360 and I have all the stuff that the event bosses drop but I don't have the reindeer bells yet

Reindeer bells aren't in the game yet...on console...technically

Last edited:
Can we at least get a fix for Terraria on PS Vita to stop it from crashing and losing valuable play time? Also, would it be too much to ask to fix the upload to cloud feature? I can't upload any of my worlds to the cloud on Vita so I can play them on my PS4, there is always an error. I can provide more information if required and take screenshots/pictures of the problems.

I love the control scheme on the PS Vita, it works very well for me. It is so much fun for me to lay in bed and play the PS Vita version before I go to bed. It would be very nice to have an XBox Controller scheme on Windows 10 to play Terraria PC with a controller. Although I like to play on the Vita, I think I like playing with a controller better but all the console versions lack the current content PC has. Adding XBox controller support for it would allow me to play the feature packed PC version on the big screen with my XBox controller whilst sitting on the couch.

Can we at least get a fix for Terraria on PS Vita to stop it from crashing and losing valuable play time? Also, would it be too much to ask to fix the upload to cloud feature? I can't upload any of my worlds to the cloud on Vita so I can play them on my PS4, there is always an error. I can provide more information if required and take screenshots/pictures of the problems.

I love the control scheme on the PS Vita, it works very well for me. It is so much fun for me to lay in bed and play the PS Vita version before I go to bed. It would be very nice to have an XBox Controller scheme on Windows 10 to play Terraria PC with a controller. Although I like to play on the Vita, I think I like playing with a controller better but all the console versions lack the current content PC has. Adding XBox controller support for it would allow me to play the feature packed PC version on the big screen with my XBox controller whilst sitting on the couch.
The Crashes they're still looking into but this thread has some info about the Cloud issues: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...d-make-accessories-visible.19496/#post-553569 You can post any relevant info you have there :)

Back
Top Bottom