Items The "Yolo YoYo"

J Fizzle

Golem
Hey all you TCFers out there, it's the one guy who most of you don't know due to extreme lack of popularity, Cloud_9_Gamer! I don't know, you might know me... I wrote a book...

ANYWAY...

Now, we all know that the hardcore setting in Terraria is absolutely useless. It provides no beneficial or strategic purpose in the character creation interface. Though, there is the occasional
person bragging about how "I defeted the moon lard in hradcore mod.!" (Yes all you grammar nazis, I know I spelled those wrong, I too become extremely aggravated when someone makes the slightest grammar mistake.)

BUUUUUUUUUUT...

What if a devilishly handsome man came up with the idea for an item that can only be obtained in hardcore mode?! (I hope you don't think I'm actually handsome, I'm the brains, not the looks.)

Drum roll pleeeeeeaaaaaase... *Terraria fans make shameful drum roll noises with hands*

The Yolo YoYo!

Now I know what all you people are thinking (no I don't). But Cloudy, what could be better than the Terrarian, the single best weapon in the game according to people who don't bother to check the amount of damage done by the Meowmere? Well here's where the genius comes in. Or maybe not, depending on your personal definition of 'genius.'" I created this chart like one from the Official Terraria Wiki.

Yolo Yoyo

(I really need someone to help me sprite this)

Statistics:
Type Weapon
Damage 210 (melee)
Knockback 7.5 (Strong)
Critical chance
14%
Use time 25 (Fast)
Velocity
Rarity
Sell
Gold_Coin.png

Here are the requirements!

Must defeat all bosses in hardcore mode!

Drops from the boss you defeat last (ex. If you have defeated all but one boss with that character [In hardcore mode], once you defeat that boss, you will be awarded the Yolo Yoyo).

This is all the info I have at the moment!
Plz feel free to comment on this thread about ideas, modifications, or other!

I am in the process of making a signature or people who support this slightly mediocre item idea!

Future edits to come,
Cloudy

Hmm, you just opened a door for difficulty exclusive items, this is both good and bad, but you have my support

Interesting concept but I honestly am not a big fan of difficulty exclusive weapons.

Not to mention there's almost no way to ensure a person does this legit; most people are just gonna make a hardcore character, gear it out in stuff gotten from a normal character and beat the bosses easy.

Not to mention there's almost no way to ensure a person does this legit; most people are just gonna make a hardcore character, gear it out in stuff gotten from a normal character and beat the bosses easy.
That's what everyone does with almost everything. Oh well. It's just an idea.

I don't really like having useful items around that are reserved for the elite among us. Sure, there are expert mode items too, but those can easily be acquired due to being allowed to die over and over (and over and over) again.
But maybe bosses can drop a special trophy when defeated with a hardcore character so you can show those off?

It'd be easy enough to get by getting end-game equipment with softcore and going through murdering them all.
Also, I don't like the idea.
Difficulty exclusive stuff seems rather "meh".
I'm kind of "meh" about expert-exclusive items, too.
But, yeah... no.

Hardcore is insanely hard making this items useless since people will cheat,also there is no need to use this when you have the meowmere or the terrarian

I'm not supporting this. Why? Because 1.It's stronger than terrarian 2.It's stronger than Meowmere.
Exactly! Don't you understand? That's the point! The fact that it is almost impossible to get makes it even more fun to obtain! It puts the "hard" in hardcore! Wow, there has got to be a better way to say that. Holy crap. But what I'm saying is, as it clearly stated in the thread, it's meant to be better than the Terrarian because it's, I don't know, how many times harder to get?

Also coz it's a Yoyo

I love yoyos ;)

Exactly! Don't you understand? That's the point! The fact that it is almost impossible to get makes it even more fun to obtain! It puts the "hard" in hardcore! Wow, there has got to be a better way to say that. Holy crap. But what I'm saying is, as it clearly stated in the thread, it's meant to be better than the Terrarian because it's, I don't know, how many times harder to get?
Rarity or difficulty to get doesn't give an excuse for the item to be incredibly overpowered.

If there was a weapon that dropped 1/200k times from a nymph, that did 300 damage, and you managed to get it on the first try, the rest of the game is incredibly easy.

Now, now, I know this is one of the last things you'll get all game, but that does not justify it either.

But Cloudy, what could be better than the Terrarian, the single best weapon in the game according to people who don't bother to check the amount of damage done by the Meowmere?
Damage doesn't make a weapon good. It depends on what modifiers you have, but the Terrarian is much better than the Meowmere depending on how you play the game. I, for one, find the Meowmere useless.

idea for an item that can only be obtained in hardcore mode?!
Difficulty-exclusive items? No thank you. While I agree that there should be more awards for various difficulties, they shouldn't come i the form of incredibly OP weapons.

Now, we all know that the hardcore setting in Terraria is absolutely useless. It provides no beneficial or strategic purpose in the character creation interface. Though, there is the occasional
... Well... The hardcore setting in Terraria is useless for those who don't want a challenge. I play the hardcore setting for a challenge that I simply cannot find in easy/mediumcore.

TL;DR I incredibly dislike the idea of having a weapon OP just because you can only obtain it in hardcore mode. I play hardcore mode for the challenge and this would take the fun out of the game.

Back
Top Bottom