tModLoader The Yoyo Overload Mod!

What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Hmm...how about a yoyo called "The Moon" that the Moon Lord can drop or it could just be crafted using Luminite Bars and a few of each lunar fragment? It would be able to give off homing projectiles (each representing a different pillar) with different colored dust depending on the pillar color (projectiles would be transparent). Each projectile would deal the respective pillars damage type as well.

Solar projectiles could explode, Stardust could summon small minion-type projectiles that would seek out enemies as it travels, Vortex would blast out lightning at any NPC it detects, and Nebula would send out nebula busters that would explode into dust on contact with an NPC or tile (like the Inferno Fork).

This seems hard to do, but it would be cool to have it made :)

Hmm...how about a yoyo called "The Moon" that the Moon Lord can drop or it could just be crafted using Luminite Bars and a few of each lunar fragment? It would be able to give off homing projectiles (each representing a different pillar) with different colored dust depending on the pillar color (projectiles would be transparent). Each projectile would deal the respective pillars damage type as well.

Solar projectiles could explode, Stardust could summon small minion-type projectiles that would seek out enemies as it travels, Vortex would blast out lightning at any NPC it detects, and Nebula would send out nebula busters that would explode into dust on contact with an NPC or tile (like the Inferno Fork).

This seems hard to do, but it would be cool to have it made :)
It's not overly hard to do, I was planning on making Pillar themed yoyos anyway ;)

Update 0.2 is up! Added 2 new Yoyos, Sprites courtesy of @infernon! Also increased the drop rate of a few yoyos! Get it on the mod browser or here, where it is attached in the OP. Thanks :)

I would love a Yo-Yo that applies Stacks to enemys like for Excample if the Yo-Yo hit the Enemy 5 times it will deal Bonus Damage or trigger an other Effect

Ok, I just finished a yoyo sprite called the Golden Geyser. It drops from Ichor stickers and floaty grosses. It would be too annoying to get if it only dropped from ichor stickers. Upon hitting an enemy it has a chance to spray up a geyser of ichor. (I still have to make the geyser effect sprite.)
Golden Geyser Yoyo.png
I have more ideas in mind but I'm gonna be outta town this week. IDK if ill bring my laptop, but probly not. So I won't be able to make those sprites or the geyser effect sprite till probly next week, since I actually leave today. Give me criticism on my sprite because I wanna know what I should change and what you guys think is good.

I have a suggestion/idea!
Yoyos are pretty unloved when it comes to invasion event drops and it makes invasions almost not worth it in a yoyo playthrough. Really only solar eclipse is worth it right now. So what about a Frost Moon yoyo drop?
I was thinking it'd be good as a rare-ish drop from Santa-NK1 but up to you!

I've mentally been calling it The Crumbler but the name could be anything. It'd be a cookie yoyo that would theoretically have stats better than Eye of Cthulu as it would have a lower drop rate and come from a harder mob than Mothron. This could mean better crit, higher damage, better knockback or maybe even giving you the well fed buff while using (don't know if that is possible).

Sprites:
BMtD65c.png
Item sprite
MUgYQuX.png
Projectile Sprite

Tooltip could be "Crumbs are going everywhere!" which would even fit more if some crumb looking existing Terraria particle effect could be repurposed for when its in use.

Feel free to ignore this idea if it's not good! Also man I am not used to pixel art, especially on such a small scale so those sprites might be not be great.

I'll purpose some Yoyos here, and I found that there have been lacking accessories in the yoyo department, so I'll purpose some as well.

A real One Drop yoyo, there's nothing too special about this one. It has a greater damage output tham similar tiered weapons, and can inflict Cursed Inferno on hit, but it has a much lowered range compared to all yoyos. Intended as a Corruption equivalent to the Chik, so its recipe could be a Wooden Yoyo, 15 Cursed Flame, and 10 Soul of Night.
Another real yoyo manufactured by One Drop, it is a pre-hardmode weapon dropped by Goblin Warriors. While its damage and range are only decent at best for when you can get it, it has a greater knockback value than most yoyos.
Once again manufactured by One Drop, Benchmark 13 is actually a triplet of Yoyo models, made as H, O, and V. Their damage is the same, but they have other differences:
Benchmark 13H - bonus flight time
Benchmark 13O - bonus range
Benchmark 13V - bonus "counterweight"
The 3 yoyos could be dropped by the Mechanical Bosses, but Damnation is already dropped by Spazmatism, so I'm not sure about how to get these.
A post-Moon Lord yoyo. When in flight, it shoots Phantasmal Deathrays! Recipe is The Eye of Cthulu yoyo and Luminite Bars.
1. Yoyo Bearing - Increases flight time.
2. Smooth Axle - Increases the "speed" of the yoyo, homing in/following on your cursor much quicker.
3. Brain Clutch - After a certain amount of flight, the yoyo in use gains increased damage. Works with infinite flight yoyos as well.
4. Yoyo Kit - Combo of above @ Tinker's workshop
5. Yoyo Case - Yoyo Bag + Yoyo Kit @ Tinker's workshop

Last edited:
(Hey pheonix, just saying, dont add EVERY. SINGLE. YOYO from the spirit mod to this, or else people will not play Spirit Mod.)
[doublepost=1466970980,1466970875][/doublepost]
(Hey pheonix, just saying, dont add EVERY. SINGLE. YOYO from the spirit mod to this, or else people will not play Spirit Mod.)

(And personally i think you should take this thread down when the mod releases..)

What do u think about my yoyo the golden geyser up above. Should I fix some things up on it? Also, I'm up north rn so I can't do any sprites till probly Thursday, but I have loads more yoyo ideas so be prepared for them next. I'll be reelin them out fast.

I have a suggestion/idea!
Yoyos are pretty unloved when it comes to invasion event drops and it makes invasions almost not worth it in a yoyo playthrough. Really only solar eclipse is worth it right now. So what about a Frost Moon yoyo drop?
I was thinking it'd be good as a rare-ish drop from Santa-NK1 but up to you!

I've mentally been calling it The Crumbler but the name could be anything. It'd be a cookie yoyo that would theoretically have stats better than Eye of Cthulu as it would have a lower drop rate and come from a harder mob than Mothron. This could mean better crit, higher damage, better knockback or maybe even giving you the well fed buff while using (don't know if that is possible).

Sprites:
BMtD65c.png
Item sprite
MUgYQuX.png
Projectile Sprite

Tooltip could be "Crumbs are going everywhere!" which would even fit more if some crumb looking existing Terraria particle effect could be repurposed for when its in use.

Feel free to ignore this idea if it's not good! Also man I am not used to pixel art, especially on such a small scale so those sprites might be not be great.
Amazing idea, it's one of the yoyos added in the next update :)
What do u think about my yoyo the golden geyser up above. Should I fix some things up on it? Also, I'm up north rn so I can't do any sprites till probly Thursday, but I have loads more yoyo ideas so be prepared for them next. I'll be reelin them out fast.
I had an idea similar to this a while ago, but I have a different sprite. Expect it in the next update!

Ive got an idea for a yoyo. The Sky String a prehardmode yoyo. shoots feather at the opponent. Dropped by Harpies. Maybe around 15-22 damage, feathers doing 10-15.

Happy Days on youtube is playing an expert modded yoyo only play through. I believe he has installed this mod. Might wanna check them out :D
Yeah, I've checked it out. Happy is an amazing youtuber, and I'm glad he's using my mod!
That said, Update 0.2.5 is up! It adds two new Yoyos- Crumbler and Purulence (thanks to @timboss and @Jaybird for the amazing ideas!). Enjoy! Download from the mod browser or the zip file in the description.

Back
Top Bottom