tModLoader The Yoyo Overload Mod!

What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Phoenix do you wanna use my sprites and ideas. I'm deciding not to make my own mod. It would take up too much time in my day. Especially cuz I'm gonna be starting baseball soon and then after that :red:ing school again.

View attachment 130281 Earthquake--Drops from the Golem 20% chance. Damage and everything I didn't decide.
View attachment 130282 View attachment 130283 King's Soul--I don't know about this sprite I kinda had trouble coming up with a sprite Idea that was unique for this one. I started by putting a gold crown on a slime based yoyo. But then someone told me it looked kinda off and I agreed somewhat. But I still thought the crown on top was a cool idea. So then I tried putting a ninja hood inside the slimy yoyo just like the king slime holds the ninja suit inside him. Yeah...that took me a couple hours to try and scale and it still didn't work correctly :(. And then someone told me to put the crown inside but I think that looks even worse. So I dunno someone can resprite if they want. I just thought king slime should have a yoyo drop.
The King's Soul: 33% drop chance from the king slime
Damage: 13
Knockback: Weak
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 25 (Fast)
Velocity: 15
Rarity: Blue
Sell: 50 silver
Bonus effects: Has a chance to create a bubble of gel around the player after hitting an enemy that acts as a black belt, and you can dodge one hit. Has a 1 minute cool down.
View attachment 130284 Snowflake--Rarely drops from enemies in the frost legion. (Not to be confused with the Frost moon)
Damage: 40
Knockback: Strong
Crit chance: 8%
Velocity: 12
Rarity: Light red
Sell: 2 gold 50 silver
Bonus effects: Has a chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff on enemies. Also randmly spawns snowflakes that are stationary and will damage enemies if walked into.
View attachment 130289 Solar Flare--I really like how this sprite looks. It might not be top notch to some of you expert spriters out there but I'm relatively new to the spriting universe and this was my first animated sprite. So I'm kinda proud of it.
Solar Flare: Crafted with 100 ash blocks, 20 Hellstone bars, 10 solar fragments, and 1 Sun stone @ ancient manipulator
Damage: 133
Knockback: Insane
Crit chance: 12%
Velocity: 14
Rarity: Red
Sell: 20 gold
Bonus effects: Has a chance to spawn a Solar Mite, which acts like the beetles from the beetle armor except they only deal damage, not give defense. Solar mites will home in on the closest enemies to them and explode on impact, dealing around 50 damage each. With each explosion the mites will heal you for 10% of the damage dealt. I don't know if that makes sense lol. But if the solar mites end up being too powerful then you can always nerf them.
View attachment 130290 View attachment 130291 Zeus's Blessing--Again, don't know which sprite looks better. Someone was telling me to recolor it a bunch. I also tried white but that one wasn't very good.
Zeus's Blessing: 10% drop chance from wyvern
Damage: 36
Crit chance: 10%
Velocity: 14
Rarity: Light red
Sell: 3 gold
No bonus effects

That's all the sprites I have. Sorry I didn't do the projectiles because I was planning on doing them after I finished all the yoyo sprites. But then I kinda stopped making the sprites. I really don't want these to go to waste. That's why I'm posting them here. Now for the suggestions that never got sprites:

Prize Catch: Caught from fishing in the ocean biome. (2% chance with 50% fishing power)
Damage: 16
Knockback: Average
Crit chance: 6%
Velocity: 16
Rarity: Blue
Sell: 25 silver
No bonus effects

Golden Geyser: Crafted with 1 Purulence yoyo (from @PhoenixBlade yoyo overload mod), 1 Damnation yoyo (also from @PhoenixBlade yoyo overload mod), 20 ichor, 20 cursed flames, 10 souls of night and light, and 1 chlorophyte ore
Damage: 58
Crit chance: 12%
Velocity: 16
Rarity: Pink
Sell: 5 gold
Bonus effects: Has a chance to inflict ichor debuff from hitting an enemy with the yoyo itself. Also can create a geyser of cursed flames upon hitting an enemy, which of course inflicts the Cursed flame debuff.

Sorry about the long :red: post. I just didn't want any ideas to go unseen. Notice me Senpai (a.k.a. @PhoenixBlade) :p
How about a general slime yoyo rather than a king slime one?
Based off the different slime colors.

Attachments

• Imported piskel (1).png
    Imported piskel (1).png
    747 bytes · Views: 168
How about a general slime yoyo rather than a king slime one?
Based off the different slime colors.
I don't think having all the different colors of the slimes makes it feel like a slime yoyo tho. I thought of trying that but it just doesn't feel like a drop from the king slime. IDK if you were implying that it could be a drop from any regular slime. If so then sorry lol. But the rainbow colors just don't fit the theme of what the slime yoyos would look like imo.

@PhoenixBlade I agree with a comment from before the current yoyo accesories you made don't feel unique to the yoyos IMO range damage and knockback can be acquired by other accesories not specific to them. It would be nice to give some specific effects to them like the yoyo bag does or combine the yoyo bag with other accessories or the other vanilla yoyo accesories with other accesories like for example the yoyo glove with the master ninja gear and add something on top like inflict shadowflame when using yoyo or something like that.

@royalguardian11 Why don't you try to make the inner pink part look like a pinkie? That might seal the deal. But I still think that it should be a drop from the boss rather than a random slime because it would have to be either extremely rare like the slime staff or be really weak.

Last edited:
BTW playing I noticed that the fireball, the crackling core, the gorgan eye, the peeper and the sweet trow are kinda on the same tier swiching from one to an other feels kinda indifferent would be nice to rebalance them to make them separate tiers (the bonesaw kinda too but the slightly more dmg makes it feel like a slight upgrade). I think maybe with some tweaks the fireball could be a hardmode yoyo drop from the lava bats specially if you could make the fireball not be thrown at a random direction. The peeper would be nice if the hungry acted as a summon with just one at a time maybe or if you wanna keep it as a it's maybe make the circling around you broader or the yoyo damage higher cause as it's now it doesnt feel much like an upgrade. I think if that addressed the other yoyos are ok as they are.

@PhoenixBlade I agree with a comment from before the current yoyo accesories you made don't feel unique to the yoyos IMO range damage and knockback can be acquired by other accesories not specific to them. It would be nice to give some specific effects to them like the yoyo bag does or combine the yoyo bag with other accessories or the other vanilla yoyo accesories with other accesories like for example the yoyo glove with the master ninja gear and add something on top like inflict shadowflame when using yoyo or something like that.

@royalguardian11 Why don't you try to make the inner pink part look like a pinkie? That might seal the deal. But I still think that it should be a drop from the boss rather than a random slime because it would have to be either extremely rare like the slime staff or be really weak.
The thing is, unfortunately, there aren't too many Yoyo- Specific boosts. The most you can do is Counterweight, Melee Speed, etc. I tried adding things that would definitely benefit a Yoyoer, and maybe just be used by anyone else as well.
BTW playing I noticed that the fireball, the crackling core, the gorgan eye, the peeper and the sweet trow are kinda on the same tier swiching from one to an other feels kinda indifferent would be nice to rebalance them to make them separate tiers (the bonesaw kinda too but the slightly more dmg makes it feel like a slight upgrade). I think maybe with some tweaks the fireball could be a hardmode yoyo drop from the lava bats specially if you could make the fireball not be thrown at a random direction. The peeper would be nice if the hungry acted as a summon with just one at a time maybe or if you wanna keep it as a it's maybe make the circling around you broader or the yoyo damage higher cause as it's now it doesnt feel much like an upgrade. I think if that addressed the other yoyos are ok as they are.
You're right, I'll look into making a proper progression system here, changing damage values and such.

The bees from the Sweet Throw don't seem to get larger when Hive Pack is equipped just FYI.

EDIT: Skeletron also didn't drop Bonesaw for whatever reason.

The bees from the Sweet Throw don't seem to get larger when Hive Pack is equipped just FYI.

Is the hive pack supposed to make the bees larger? I always thought it was just supposed to make them stronger.

The first one has been noted, I'm trying to fix it.
As for number 2, that's weird... the drop chance for Bonesaw is 100%....

I noticed that the typhoon duke fishron yoyo doesn't work with the yoyo bag. I don't know if this has been said yet but I hope it gets fixed :happy:
Also noted, the Typhoon was posted over from Spirit, and the way it was coded (by someone else) is nearly impossible for me to decipher :p
@Random @PhoenixBlade Now that you mention it I tested and many yoyos do not give the yoyo glove effect only counterweights. Typhoon does none.

@timboss BTW if you could make your yo-yo mod later it would be nice. Ill be looking forward to it.
Off, only the Typhoon should have that big. They may stack over one another. I've tested a few and they seen fine!
I'm using the Boss Expertise mod which makes bosses drop Treasure Bags on normal mode. Would that have something to do with it?
That may be it. I've never tested it myself, but most modded loot drops outside of the treasure bag.

@PhoenixBlade True sorry. They overlap. The movement compared with the vanilla yoyos is small so It wasnt much noticeable on de dummies with the walls I have but I tested on darker walls to be able to see the strings better and they are there.

@Roxxz I don't know if I'm making my own mod anymore. I just won't have the time to update it and everything. I start baseball season soon and after that school. In summary I really just wouldn't have the time. Basically, I just let phoenix use all my sprites that I had ready for the mod. All he has to do is code them.

Back
Top Bottom