tModLoader The Yoyo Overload Mod!

What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Are the any plans to update this after Spirit is released?

I know many still use and enjoy this great little mod, myself included. But seeing as a number of yoyo's from this mod will also appear in Spirit, it would be great if this mod was updated to remove the yoyo's that appear in both mods. That way those who still wish to use both don't have to worry about duplicate clutter.

For the record, I've noticed others asking similar questions regarding this issue -- but haven't yet seen it addressed by @PhoenixBlade. If the answer is "no" -- in that case whenever Spirit is released, I'm sure many will stop using this mod.
Truthfully, the reason why I stopped working on this mod was a lack of motivation due to me losing the files entirely. If I salvage them, I'll be sure to remove overlapping content, as this mod is its own little mod.

Truthfully, the reason why I stopped working on this mod was a lack of motivation due to me losing the files entirely. If I salvage them, I'll be sure to remove overlapping content, as this mod is its own little mod.

I saw a moderator telling an other guy that if he lost the source mod files but had the tmod file he might be able to help him recover it. The tmodreader actually is able to decompile the files of everymod but then it deletes them or something if you dont specify that you allow people to see the source code so they might have a version that gets the files anyway or something.

If you have a .tmod file of the mod and didn't also lose those, then you are welcome to send me a PM and we can try a few things to recover your assets and code.

Source: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/randomod.41816/page-3

Not sure if you still use these items but the yoyo's The Vile Spitball and Plague, the 'feature' where they break off is suuuuuper annoying. I go to click, and hold down ofc because its a yoyo, but then it just shoots 1 shot out and doesn't launch. I can't figure out if you intended this or if its just a glitch. The yoyo itself doesn't break off, it just does a single shot that it normally does when you've got it out spinning. Except the yoyo doesn't come with it. And it happens probably 30-40% of the throws, so it kinda makes these yoyos suck. Its like, why would it break off and do 1 shot when I could have it hitting the enemy AND shooting. If its intended as balance then whatever but it just feels unintuitive. Love the mod, haven't tried spirit but if its got similarities I will eventually!

Last edited:
Ask Jopo or someone from Tmod dev if they can extract and save them since they wrote the code for the reader.

Love this mod and would hate to see it die.

Sorry did I offend you ? Was just trying to help

No, don't worry sorry If it came out rude I was just confused. The yoyo breaking is part of the design and he said he wont be touching this mod because he lost the source code so making changes at this point won't probably happen but he can recover the source code easily asking jopojelly or chicken bones the thing is if he wants to.

No, don't worry sorry If it came out rude I was just confused. The yoyo breaking is part of the design and he said he wont be touching this mod because he lost the source code so making changes at this point won't probably happen but he can recover the source code easily asking jopojelly or chicken bones the thing is if he wants to.
Hope he would .... all is it only for these lovely sprites

I've been having trouble with the Yoyo Overload mod. When I try to activate it, it says that it was made for an earlier version of Tmodloader and automatically disables it. Is there any way for me to fix this?

I've been having trouble with the Yoyo Overload mod. When I try to activate it, it says that it was made for an earlier version of Tmodloader and automatically disables it. Is there any way for me to fix this?

You cant fix it you have to wait and see if he decides to release a new version.

Yes it is a shame that the code got lost;( perhaps its really worth a shot for @PhoenixBlade to try to contact the guys from tmodloader to retrieve the code and sprites

Is not a thing about chance if he ask him for the code he will get it. It's a matter of if he wants to ask him and fix the mod or not.

Did you actually try loading it? It works without needing a re-release.

I did test it and got that error also there are some lines like item.useSound that are not supported anymore so it has to be fixed to work it's not a matter of just recompiling it with the new tmodloader. All the mods needed to be updated to work with the new version. I saw some people claiming they enabled mods that were not supposed to work for that version I don't know how they did it but they also said that it caused it to do strage stuff like weapons not working at all or stuff like that.

Are you sure you are using tmod9? did you do something to make it work? Are you using steam terraria or GOG?

Last edited:
I did test it and got that error also there are some lines like item.useSound that are not supported anymore so it has to be fixed to work it's not a matter of just recompiling it with the new tmodloader. All the mods needed to be updated to work with the new version. I saw some people claiming they enabled mods that were not supposed to work for that version I don't know how they did it but they also said that it caused it to do strage stuff like weapons not working at all or stuff like that.

Are you sure you are using tmod9? did you do something to make it work? Are you using steam terraria or GOG?
Sorry, was reading too many forums in a row, thought this was on Hero's mod. Yoyo won't be updated unless They either find the code that was lost or the whole mod gets reverse engineered.

I'm using the steam Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom