Votes: 4 20.0%
  • excited

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • not very interested

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

SapphireSuicune

Spazmatism
Hello everyone! This is a project I've been working on for a couple of months now, and it's still nowhere near done yet! I want this mod to be pretty cool. That will be hard though when I'm the only one working on it. (Some other people helped with sprites) So far I have some weapons (with pretty bad sprites for most of the ones that I've made), but not very many NPCs since I'm not great at that. Most of the weapons I have so far are upgrades to previous vanilla weapons, but some are unique. The mod is still really early, so you won't be able to find it on the Mod Browser. I hope you like the mod and play it when it is released!

SunlightScimitar.png

Sunlight Scimitar:
A sword made from Solar Fragments. Shoots beams of light from the sky.

NebulaStarburst.png

Nebula Starburst (sprite created by @DinoZers):
A magic gun made from Nebula Fragments. Shoots a burst of pink light.

ThePyramid.png
The Pyramid:
It's a pyramid

OnyxFlamethrower.png
Onyx Flamethrower (sprite created by @DinoZers):
Made from dark shards, light shards, and a flamethrower.

Endohemosis.png

Endohemosis:
I don't know what it does yet.

Exobiosis.png

Exobiosis:
Shoots 2 homing projectiles

TheTacoBell.png

The Taco Bell:
BRING BACK THE POTATOES!

Lancet.png
IchorLancet.png
Demonspawn.png
CursedDemonspawn.png
PetalSpray.png
FireStorm.png

New Books (read!):
Lancet, Ichor Lancet, Demonspawn, Cursed Demonspawn, Petal Spray, Fire Storm
(some of these sprites are bad)

1618234972819.png
1618234986482.png
1618235025895.png
1618235052190.png
1618235062014.png
1618235118812.png

The Zephyr Weapons:
These were actually the first weapons I created, and I am thinking they will be endgame weapons after defeating the final boss (also they are all resprites because I didn't know how to sprite when I made them.

These are just a fraction of the weapons in the mod, and the mod is still far from done. This mod will hopefully add bosses and maybe even some biomes too once I become more experienced in programming. I will add more to this page soon! I hope you stay for the development and journey of the mod.

CREDITS:
me - programmer
@DinoZers - spriter

Last edited:
There isn't much here yet, so don't have much of an opinion on it yet, but, a few tips.

When spriting, have the sprites have 2x2 pixels, the same that (almost all) terraria sprites use. otherwise they just look odd, and don't fit into the graphic of the game. don't use mixels and stuff.
pro spriters whould probably give tons of other advices, but I'm nowhere a pro. but this is something very basic I think, so, try to use 2x2 pixel spites.

I said it elsewhere too, but it makes me anxious when new modders came up with an idea like "going to make a Calamity/Thorium sized mod!" I love and adore that enthusiasm, but I think we seen it in quite some cases that often, the gas runs out of the tank halfways and the new modders just abamdone their half-complete mod.
Not to hurt your optimism, but I would advise to aim for something smaller first. and it always can be expanded later.

That aside, good luck with making a mod!

There isn't much here yet, so don't have much of an opinion on it yet, but, a few tips.

When spriting, have the sprites have 2x2 pixels, the same that (almost all) terraria sprites use. otherwise they just look odd, and don't fit into the graphic of the game. don't use mixels and stuff.
pro spriters whould probably give tons of other advices, but I'm nowhere a pro. but this is something very basic I think, so, try to use 2x2 pixel spites.

I said it elsewhere too, but it makes me anxious when new modders came up with an idea like "going to make a Calamity/Thorium sized mod!" I love and adore that enthusiasm, but I think we seen it in quite some cases that often, the gas runs out of the tank halfways and the new modders just abamdone their half-complete mod.
Not to hurt your optimism, but I would advise to aim for something smaller first. and it always can be expanded later.

Yeah i realized that when doing some spell books i downloaded the waterbolt sprite to see closely how it is and made the book the same as the waterbolt and well i guess i'll do next sprites like that.
thx for the advice

After a long break, I have made a few new things for the mod! Not that much, but I think they're pretty cool. Two of them have been added to the weapons list on the first post.

Last edited:

Hi, im looking to get into modding, but i also like just making sprites can you tell me what software i should use to get terraria looking sprites?

Hi, im looking to get into modding, but i also like just making sprites can you tell me what software i should use to get terraria looking sprites?
I dunno. I just use normal paint XD lol
There are better programs for it too. But some other, normally good picture-editing programs aren't suitable for it, like Photoshop.

Pretty cool! As a (bad) developer, I can try to help you with programming, if you will have questions (quote this)

There are better programs for it too. But some other, normally good picture-editing programs aren't suitable for it, like Photoshop.
What do you mean by normal paint? There are quite a few default paint apps installed onto various devices and im not sure which you mean

pixilart.com. free and very good. I used it to make all my sprites. by the way @SapphireSuicune , I would be glad to make sprites for you. Just give me some requests.

pixilart.com. free and very good. I used it to make all my sprites. by the way @SapphireSuicune , I would be glad to make sprites for you. Just give me some requests.
Thats what i use...
FOLLOW ME PLEASE ON PIXILART.COM I JUST REALIZZED I COULD USE THIS TO GET FOLLOWERS PLEASE I NEED TO BEAT MY FRIend

(sorry bout the shameless plug but please do also i have a sprite in a similar style as yours so you can use that if you want

Back
Top Bottom