TheInquisitiveSpoon's creations

Welcome to my creations thread

Hello, it seems like you have managed to wonder yourself onto my creations. I'm only just starting out with Spriting, and stuff so i am not really that good, i am however trying to get better. I'm not going to be taking any requests or anything on this thread for spriting, however i will take requests to do some builds within my world. I may do Spriting requests in the future, dependant upon how things go. For now this is just a thread for me to post some creations that i have made and to see what your opinions are on them.

This is also my first forum thread that i am going to manage, so any advice with things that could help make this thread easier for you to navigate around on and stuff would be greatly appreciated.
Also any criticisms or ways that i can improve are warmly welcomed. I am also sorry if the pictures that i upload don't come out in great quality, i am unsure of the best way to upload them. I will be uploading more stuff, so please excuse the little amount of stuff i have done.

The Emerald Sword
Emerald sword.png

Iron Greatsword
Nordic Greatsword.png

The Fabled Sword
Fabled sword.jpg

The Silencing Void
The Silencing Void.png

Thunder Charge
Thunder Charge.png

Hailfire Interruptor
Hailfire Interruptor.png

Icy Palace of the Spoon
My home.jpg

Last edited:
Very symmetrical!
I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know why but when building, especially in-game creations building non-symmetrical things sort of annoys me, i don't know why. I just usually find myself building symmetrical things even without thinking about it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415776140][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very symmetrical!
I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It's just something i do, i end up building symmetrical things, especially in-game, and i don't even think about doing it. Plus sometimes when things are like one block off on one side i will destroy what i have made and restart.

I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know why but when building, especially in-game creations building non-symmetrical things sort of annoys me, i don't know why. I just usually find myself building symmetrical things even without thinking about it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415776140][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It's just something i do, i end up building symmetrical things, especially in-game, and i don't even think about doing it. Plus sometimes when things are like one block off on one side i will destroy what i have made and restart.

Voxel-based games will do that to Ya'. It's not necessarily a terrible thing when it comes to building - not that Yours is bad; it's pretty nifty - but You are missing out on a lot of neat builds :) You should give it a try sometime, see how You like it.

Voxel-based games will do that to Ya'. It's not necessarily a terrible thing when it comes to building - not that Yours is bad; it's pretty nifty - but You are missing out on a lot of neat builds :) You should give it a try sometime, see how You like it.
I shall do, is there anything you would like me to attempt to build?

Yeah, probably shouldn't limit yourself to symmetry. For example of slight asymmetry, you could give one of your symmetrical houses a chimney on one side. Of course, you can do more than this.

Also there's an F button that turns off the HUD that's useful for screenshots.. I don't remember which one, though. Press it again to bring it back.

-snip-
Also there's an F button that turns off the HUD that's useful for screenshots.. I don't remember which one, though. Press it again to bring it back.

For a second I thought You said that the button WAS the F key - and not F(1-12) - then went on to say You forgot which one it was.

F11 disables HUD. A small Google search game me the answer.

I shall do, is there anything you would like me to attempt to build?

Well I don't think I should tell You what to do; it helps your creative imagination if you figure something out yourself :) But what I will do is give references to get Your imaginative blood flowing!:

Google Search: "Terraria Building Ideas" ;)

Yeah, probably shouldn't limit yourself to symmetry. For example of slight asymmetry, you could give one of your symmetrical houses a chimney on one side. Of course, you can do more than this.

Well I don't think I should tell You what to do; it helps your creative imagination if you figure something out yourself :) But what I will do is give references to get Your imaginative blood flowing!:

Google Search: "Terraria Building Ideas" ;)

Okay, thank you both, those are some helpful tips. I would be fine to have some references. I don't really know what to build lately but i know that i want to do something, so some inspiration would be good.

Okay, thank you both, those are some helpful tips. I would be fine to have some references. I don't really know what to build lately but i know that i want to do something, so some inspiration would be good.

I have a server if You'd like to build sometime. Who knows, we may learn something from each other.

Your builds are cool!
However, your sprites aren't very Terraria-y. They look like they could go in a card game or something.

But I really like the builds!

Your builds are cool!
However, your sprites aren't very Terraria-y. They look like they could go in a card game or something.

But I really like the builds!
Yeah i sort of realised that, i'm still tying to understand how to make them fit into Terraria better. Is there anything you can suggest?

There's some guide thread... Let me look for it! ;)
Okay so i found the Thread you were talking about, and now i have managed to match my style a lot more to Terraria, i also started using better software to create the images, so that i may get rid of backgrounds and stuff. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom