tModLoader TheLoneGamer's misc mods

LadyLone

Steampunker
Unless mentioned, these mods are for 1.3, but they will be ported to 1.4 in time.
Currently only Tree Cut Time, No NPC Drowning, and Wood Armor Bonuses are ported to 1.4.

These are smaller open source mods I created that I feel are not big enough to have an entire thread dedicated to each of them separately. These are all on the Mod Browser with alternate download links here if that ever has trouble.

Discord

Ever wished music boxes worked in vanity slots? Tired of waiting for a song to be recorded? This mod would not have been possible without jopojelly's Antisocial mod, so massive thanks to that.

This small mod makes the music box record music instantly and make music boxes work in vanity accessory slots.

Known Issues...

- Custom music doesn't record instantly
- Since this checks for accessories containing "Music Box" in its name, vanity music box playing might not work for non-English languages

Future Plans...

- Mod icon
- Make custom music record instantly if possible. Even then the custom music would need a music box to go with it

Change Log...

- 1.0: Released.
Ever wanted to fall faster? Find the default falling speed way too slow especially when going down a hellevator? Don't want to have to hold a post Moon Lord item to fall faster? Don't want to use the Slime mount to fall faster? Actually if you combine that with this mod you can fall even faster.

This tiny mod makes it so you can fall as fast as if you were holding a Portal Gun by holding down while falling.

Future Plans...

- Mod icon and config file for exact speed and possibly pressing down to stay in fast fall mode till stopping like in Super Smash Bros. games.

Change Log...

Want an alternate to getting fishing accessories? Fun fact. I made the Dungeon Crates always include a Golden Lock Box after feeling like I was taking too long to get Thorium dungeon items that I wasn't lucky enough to get to spawn in a chest.

This tiny mod adds some extra items to fishing crates.

- Wooden Crates have an 1 in 15 chance to give any non-combined fishing information accessory and 1 in 20 chance for any non-combined fishing accessory.

- Iron Crates have an 1 in 8 chance to give any non-combined fishing information accessory and 1 in 10 chance for any non-combined fishing accessory.

- Golden Crates have an 1 in 3 chance to give any non-combined fishing information accessory and 1 in 5 chance for any non-combined fishing accessory.

- In hardmode, Hotline Fishing Hooks has an 1 in 50 chance to be obtained from Wooden Crates, 1 in 25 chance from Iron Crates, and 1 in 10 chance from Golden Crates.

- Corrupt Crates have an 1 in 10 chance to give any Ancient Shadow armor piece, 1 in 3 chance post EoC or EoW to give 10-20 Demonite Bars, and 1 in 3 chance post EoW to contain 5-10 Shadow Scales.

- Crimson Crates have an 1 in 3 chance post EoC or BoC to give 10-20 Crimson Bars, and 1 in 3 chance post BoC to contain 5-10 Tissue Samples.

- Jungle Crates have an 1 in 3 chance in Hardmode to contain a Turtle Shell and 1 in 4 chance post any Mech boss to contain a Life Fruit.

- Dungeon Crates always include a Golden Lock Box and post Plantera give 2-5 Ectoplasma.

Future Plans...

- Mod icon, possibly more items added to crates, and chance changes with possibly a config file.

Change Log...

- 1.1: Added items to Corrupt, Crimson, Jungle, and Dungeon Crates.
Version 1.0 is for tMod 1.3. Versions 1.1 and up are for tMod 1.4.
Want NPCs to live underwater without drowning? Perhaps they arrived inside a pool of water and were not smart enough to get out on their own? Whatever the reason, here's this rather random mod.

This tiny mod makes it so town NPCs can't drown underwater like prior to 1.3. They still won't move into a house that's underwater on arrival, but can be manually moved there afterward. They will still also panic and try to jump out of the water. This mod can also help with mods that make town NPCs immune to hostile damage, as those mods alone won't stop drowning damage.

Future Plans...

- Perhaps disable the drowning panic part of their AI.

Change Log...

- 1.1: Ported to tModLoader v2022.9.47.4
- Added mod icon.
icon.png

I really liked Thor's Hammer in Thorium, three different weapons meant to be a single one in melee, ranged, and magic damage modes. I kept thinking how would it be if it included all the classes, so this mod is inspired by it. Thanks to Apacchii for a bit of code help (mainly for the ranged hammer damage handling with ammo) and Logar for re-doing all of the sprites.

This small mod adds in a hammer split between seven different weapons. This includes each of the main classes plus throwing, sentry, and Esper Class Telekinetic. These hammers scale with boss progression. All hammers auto-swing with 20 use speed except the summon and Telekinetic hammer. The throwing hammer can pickup items. This mod is open source.

Crafting is 10 each of copper/tin bars, iron/lead bars, silver/tungsten bars, and gold/platinum bars at an anvil. A hammer can be switched to any of the other six at a work bench.

If Expanded Sentries is enabled, the Sentry Hammer can be summoned past the turret limit during the Old One's Army event proven you have enough Etherian Mana. It will also benefit from sentry speed added by that mod.

Known Issues...

- Balance still needs a lot of fine tuning
- WeaponOut's emblem accessories will cause massive damage scaling
- Magic Hammer's laser creates dust effects where they shouldn't appear if the laser isn't at full length
- Swiping between hammer types can allow for effectively free prefix rerolling

Future Plans...

- Balance changes
- Cleaner code
- Add back in Calamity post Moon Lord scaling
- More unique behaviors
- A way so swiping between hammer classes can remember what prefix it previously had

Change Log...
- 1.3: Added Telekinetic Hammer to work aside Esper Class.
- Revamped the code of the Summoner Hammer minions. Should work far better now.
- Changed Magic Hammer to now fire a maintained laser beam.
- Ranged Hammer now only changes wooden arrows, instead of all arrows fired, to allow for more diverse use of the weapon through other arrow types.
- Thrown Hammer now functions differently, staying in place for a moment upon reaching mouse cursor (upon use) and better item pickup behavior.
- Toned down the damage scaling compared to the previous update.
- Ranged Hammer should no longer multiple damage from arrows so it shouldn't have a big DPS boost compared to other class hammers anymore.
- Thanks to Logar, all the hammers have been re-sprited and even a mod icon added.
- Base damage of Melee Hammer lowered to 12, down from 16.
- Added an extra tooltip for any hammer at post Moon Lord tier.

- 1.2: Fixed not being able to summon Sentry Hammers over the turret limit during DD2 event if Expanded Sentries is enabled. Also added damage scaling for Calamity post Moon Lord bosses.

- 1.1: Lowered early game damage scaling. Hammers now scale in rarity instead of having a set rainbow rarity. Updated mod description to actually explain how to craft the hammers and more.

Each of the hammers have a base damage that scales with vanilla bosses defeated in a world. The scaling is based on the highest boss defeated and doesn't add up from previous bosses. So having Moon Lord alone defeated would be the same scaling as all the other bosses including him.

Eye of Cthulhu = 1.25x
Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu = 1.5x
Queen Bee = 2x
Skeletron = 2.5x
Start of Hardmode = 3.5x
Any Mech Boss = 4x
All Three Mech Bosses = 5x
Plantera= 6x
Golem = 8x
Duke Fishron = 10x
Lunatic Cultist = 15x
Moon Lord = 20x

If the Melee hammer has at least a damage multiplier of 4, it will shoot out a projectile that does 75% of the damage of the hammer swing itself. Ranged and Magic hammers penetrating scale with bosses defeated. Magic hammer range scales with bosses defeated. Throwing hammer velocity scales with bosses defeated.
Built into Terraria 1.4.4 and thus, this mod won't be updated for tMod 1.4.
Tired of waiting for the 30 second countdown between waves of the Old One's Army event? Just want to speed things up and get on with it?

This small mod makes it so during the Old One's Army event, you can right click the Eternia Crystal Stand to skip the delay between waves, aside from just starting the event.

Future Plans...

- Mod icon
- Fix any bugs

Change Log...

Do you find it hard to tell exactly how fast an axe will cut down a tree? Axe power can be misleading as an axe with a higher axe power can take longer to cut down a tree than an axe with lower axe power due to tool speed. This mod should clear up any confusions.

This tiny mod adds a tooltip to items with axe power to display the exact time it takes to cut down a tree. There's also optionally a tooltip for hammers to display wall break time.

Future Plans...

- Currently none.

Change Log...

- 1.1: Updated to tModLoader v2022.7.58.9.
- Added mod icon.
- Added customizable color for tooltip.
- Now a clientside mod.
- Added Wall Break Time tooltip set via config.
- Formula to get the exact time no longer counts axe power above 500% as being faster.
This little mod gives new bonuses to the wood armors to make them more interesting. Class specific wood armors give 4% damage bonus per piece. Set bonuses also no longer give 1 extra defense.

- Each Wood armor piece gives 10% increased placement speed. Wood Greaves now has 1 defense. Wood Armor set bonus gives one extra tile placement range. Good for early game building.

- Ebonwood Armor set bonus gives 10% increased melee attack speed.

- Boreal Wood Armor set bonus gives 4% increased ranged critical chance.

- Rich Mahogany Armor set bonus reduces mana cost by 10%.

- Palm Wood Armor set bonus gives one extra minion slot.

- Shadewood Armor set bonus gives 10% increased melee attack speed, or optionally via condig file, 10% increased throwing velocity.

- Pearlwood Helmet gives 10% increased mining speed and Shine buff light. Pearlwood Breastplate gives 15% increased mining speed. Pearlwood Greaves gives 10% increased mining speed. Pearlwood Armor set bonus gives Spelunker buff. Acts like an upgraded Mining armor set.

- Tremor's Glacier Wood Armor gives less defense per armor piece, but gives 4% alchemical damage bonus per piece and a set bonus of 4% increased alchemical critical chance.

Future Plans...

- Balance adjustments here and there if need be.
- Give bonuses to modded wood armor that lack any beyond defense.

Change Log...

- 1.1: Ported to tModLoader v2022.9.47.4
- Added mod icon.
- Made Shadewood Armor give melee bonuses instead, with optional throwing bonuses via config file.
- Fixed Pearlwood armor actually slowing down mining speed instead of speeding it up.

Inspired by comments from Gameraiders101 during one of his livestreams. This mod will make most ambient objects drop what they visually appear to be.

- Gem stashes will drop at least 4 gems as visually shown. This is what inspired the mod idea.
- Ambient objects drop tile blocks. Enabled by default, this can be disabled. Hive stalactites have a 50% chance to drop hive blocks, regardless of the config setting, given their rarity.
- As an example, broken chest objects will (proven tile drops are enabled) drop wood when destroyed.

Future Plans...

- Mod icon and support for some other mods, like Thorium's gem stashes.
- Changes to vanilla ambient object drops to better reflect what they could be.

Change Log...

Thanks to help on the Discord server from DarkLight and jopojelly for helping me, especially with the cross mod reference code used in Wood Armor Bonuses.

If I'm offline for 60+ days, then I give permission for anyone to take over ownership and development of these mods.

Attachments

• Fast Fall 1.0.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 289
  • No NPC Drowning 1.0.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Tree Cut Time 1.0.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Fishing Crate Additions 1.1.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 268
  • Wood Armor Bonuses 1.1.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Better Music Boxes 1.0.zip
    5 KB · Views: 254
  • Skip DD2 Wave Delay 1.0.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 227
  • BetterTileDrops.zip
    12 KB · Views: 66
  • OmniHammer 1.3.zip
    117.1 KB · Views: 58
  • TreeCutTime.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 32
  • No NPC Drowning 1.1.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Wood Armor Bonuses 1.1.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Nice.

Why override mining set with pearlwood? Wouldn't just the spelunker effect be enough?
I wanted it to be an upgrade since normally you can access Pearlwood a lot later than the Mining Set. I've seen suggestions that there should be some sort of upgraded and hardmode mining armor set. Then again certain mods allow you to get Pearlwood prior to hardmode so that could be unbalanced.

Any alternates to what Pearlwood Armor could do? The Pumpkin Armor already gives an universal set damage (except summoning?) bonus increase.

May I throw a few suggestions?

Wood Armor Boost
Glacier Wood (Tremor) - Full Set offers 10% bonus Alchemy Damage
Elderwood (Spirit) - Full Set doubles max speed and gives a double (Sandstorm-styled) jump

Fishing Box Boost
Offer support for Tacklebox, Battlecast, and Fishing 2.0

I've updated with another new mod, Tree Cut Time. This will add a tooltip to any item with axe power to show exactly how long it will take to cut down an undamaged tree.

Edit: I've also updated Fishing Crate Additions with some more items that can be gained from crates.
May I throw a few suggestions?

Wood Armor Boost
Glacier Wood (Tremor) - Full Set offers 10% bonus Alchemy Damage
Elderwood (Spirit) - Full Set doubles max speed and gives a double (Sandstorm-styled) jump

Fishing Box Boost
Offer support for Tacklebox, Battlecast, and Fishing 2.0
I could look into modded wood armors and making effects for those if they don't already have any. I could also do the same for fishing crates added by mods, although I currently have no idea what to add for those.

Last edited:
I have a suggestion about the fastfall mod, how about you add an accessory that gives you the physics as if you were holding the portal gun or just allows you to fastfall whilst holding down

People are actually downloading the No NPC Drowning mod? It seems to be the least useful of everything else I've offered so far. Don't by any means stop, but I guess I'm impressed.
I have a suggestion about the fastfall mod, how about you add an accessory that gives you the physics as if you were holding the portal gun or just allows you to fastfall whilst holding down
I rather not add a whole accessory just to do that. Especially with mods, there are so many accessories that even with 6 or 7 max slots, it can be very difficult to decide what to wear.

Updated Wood Armor Bonuses to include support for Tremor's Glacier Wood Armor for alchemist damage. jopojelly really helped me with getting it to work correctly as I had no experience with cross mod variable usage. I did some testing to be sure, but here's hoping nothing breaks with this mod if someone doesn't have Tremor at all. Since you normally can't get your first alchemist armor set, the Chemist set, till after EoC, this should be a nice help for those wanting to get a bit of help at the start for alchemist weapons.

Edit: Any ideas for what the Furniture, Food, and Fun mod's Florawood Armor should do? I was thinking extra life regen so far and I'm not entirely sure about the set bonus yet. Extra mana regen? The Starwood Armor already gives minion related bonuses so I won't touch that.

Last edited:
Allow Reinforced Wood Armors by adding wood armors with the according bars

Forest Wood - Copper
Boreal Wood - Tin
Palm Wood - Iron
Mahogany - Hellstone (Dragonball Z Abridged reference)
Shadewood - Demonite
Ebonwood - Crimite
Pearl - Cobalt
Glacier - Platinum

So here's my unintended Christmas gift, another new mod. This time Omni-Hammer, weapons for each class (including sentry) that scale with boss progression. It's also the only mod here so far that adds any new items.

So as far as I know, I'm unable to add any new items to the fishing crates added by Tacklebox. The mod author of that also hasn't been online in a few months now. All I was able to do from my end was fix the Gem crates of that mod stacking to only 1 instead of 99 like the rest of the crates. I don't have that update up just yet.

Forest Wood - Copper
Boreal Wood - Tin
Palm Wood - Iron
Shadewood - Demonite
Ebonwood - Crimite
Pearl - Cobalt
Glacier - Platinum
I currently don't have any plans to do something like this.

Updated Omni-Hammer. I realized I didn't explain at all in the mod's info how to actually craft the hammers. Then again many people are probably running mods to show recipes. Still I didn't want to post an update to only change that and nothing about the gameplay. From my current playthrough, I lowered the early game damage scaling as the hammers seemed to overpower most other weapons at the time. They're not meant to be JoostMod's legendary weapons that are supposed to be more powerful than other weapons around the same tier.

Balance is really tricky. Vanilla's balance can be all over the place at times, like rare RNG finds being more powerful than craftable weapons. Weapons like the Cutlass can outclass the Excalibur despite the former being obtainable sooner. The Beam Sword from my Target Dummy tests does more DPS than the Chlorophyte Saber and Chlorophyte Claymore. Even with projectiles melee weapons seem to do less damage than magic weapons. Magic weapons in general seem to do the most DPS.

Once I figure out how to do mod configs I might just make the weapon base damages and boss scaling be decided by the user, with hopefully good defaults.

Here's a New Year's update. This time I updated Omni-Hammer again to fix a bug and add Calamity post Moon Lord boss scaling. Although I did some tests, the balance might still be pretty off especially with how powerful Calamity's weapons can get from secondary effects. I also added two new mods, Better Music Boxes and Skip DD2 Wave Delay. Enjoy!

Forest Wood - Copper
Boreal Wood - Tin
Palm Wood - Iron
Shadewood - Demonite
Ebonwood - Crimite
Pearl - Cobalt
Glacier - Platinum
firstly, it's "crimtane". secondly, crimtane should reinforce shadewood, as crimtane is the crimson metal, and shadewood is the crimson wood.

firstly, it's "crimtane". secondly, crimtane should reinforce shadewood, as crimtane is the crimson metal, and shadewood is the crimson wood.
My mistake - I couldn't exactly tell which goes with which. (and thanks for fixing that spelling error for Crimtane)
[doublepost=1514833231,1514832904][/doublepost]Can you allow it so that Music Boxes allow different Bard Buffs for Thorium?

Here's a few examples:
Forest (Day) - Life Regen 1
Forest (Night) - Mana Regen 1
Ice - Ammo Saving 1
Evil - Defense 1
Desert - Crit Chance 1
Jungle - Attack Speed 1

Fastfall is great, if you use the anvil mount (it's from thorium I believe) with this, you can reach a max speed of 281mph. Makes the ride to the underworld a hell of a lot faster.

It's been a couple of years since last posting here. All these mods should still be functional, but if not, let me know and I'll update them to work. Without starting a new thread and going with the most fitting thread I already have, I want to share something that I very recently posted on my Discord. I rather it not be just limited to that.

I don't plan on posting this to the mod browser because I feel it is unsuitable for that. This is meant for testing purposes, not a mod you add to a playthrough to use aside other mods meant for that.

What follows is mostly a copy and paste from my Discord post.

"Alright, big announcement time. This is for my third and possibly final custom class. I've been thinking of my own take on a musical class for almost a couple of years. Yes, I'm well, well aware that Thorium has its Bard class. Mods don't own ideas and I'll defend my case if people all this a rip off. This isn't even me saying that Thorium's Bard is bad. Anyway, for months, I made a prototype for my take on a musical class, the Minstrel. It's not even the first time I shared it, but now I want to make it more official with the fine tuning I've done since.

Attached is a prototype that's meant to demo gameplay and isn't focused on finalized sprites to use, especially the placeholder accessory sprites. Sprite credits go to @Danny Ω.

Everything in this prototype can be crafted with a single dirt block for easy access to test. This is not yet in any way meant for a proper playthrough and such a mod would come later. No custom sounds yet. I'm curious about your feedback on this.

Basically, with a custom UI and visual and audio cues, you time your Minstrel weapons to attack, with failed timings not allowing an attack. Aiming is not required as the attacks are either homing or hit all around you. This is so the player doesn't have to keep track of too much on top of the timing requirement. There are several weapon types, of which will likely change between now and the mod proper."

Attachments

• MinstrelPrototype.zip
    104 KB · Views: 105
I finally got a new misc mod to show off. Maybe this will be the start of more misc mods to come. As a reminder, these are all very small scale mods, in most cases, not even adding new items. What follows is a copy and paste below of what this mod is about.

Inspired by comments from Gameraiders101 during one of his livestreams. This mod will make most ambient objects drop what they visually appear to be.

- Gem stashes will drop at least 4 gems as visually shown. This is what inspired the mod idea.
- Ambient objects drop tile blocks. Enabled by default, this can be disabled. Hive stalactites have a 50% chance to drop hive blocks, regardless of the config setting, given their rarity.
- As an example, broken chest objects will (proven tile drops are enabled) drop wood when destroyed.

Future Plans...

- Mod icon and support for some other mods, like Thorium's gem stashes.
- Changes to vanilla ambient object drops to better reflect what they could be.

Change Log...

Omni-Hammer has been updated. Compared to the previous updates, this one changes a lot more, including how some of the hammers functions and all new sprites by Logar.

- Added Telekinetic Hammer to work aside Esper Class.
- Revamped the code of the Summoner Hammer minions. Should work far better now.
- Changed Magic Hammer to now fire a maintained laser beam.
- Ranged Hammer now only changes wooden arrows, instead of all arrows fired, to allow for more diverse use of the weapon through other arrow types.
- Thrown Hammer now functions differently, staying in place for a moment upon reaching mouse cursor (upon use) and better item pickup behavior.
- Toned down the damage scaling compared to the previous update.
- Ranged Hammer should no longer multiple damage from arrows so it shouldn't have a big DPS boost compared to other class hammers anymore.
- Thanks to Logar, all the hammers have been re-sprited and even a mod icon added.
- Base damage of Melee Hammer lowered to 12, down from 16.
- Added an extra tooltip for any hammer at post Moon Lord tier.

Back
Top Bottom