Theory: Conveyor belts can act like faster Hoiks?

Predious

The Destroyer
The thread title sounds a little confusing, but i'll try to explain my idea. Conveyor belts move entities at a slow constant rate, as is intended by the devs. What if they could move things faster if made into a hoik, and work even faster then a regular block hoik? Or would the conveyor belt 'hoik' simply act like a non-conveyor block hoik? Or would it not work at all? thoughts? I may try this myself, but i'm in the process of moving my base into a new world as i'm not satisfied with my old world now.

To clarify what i'm saying here, examples away:

A regular block hoik moves things at (just to make an example) 50 mph.

A conveyor block hoik, with its built in ability to move things already, would make things in the hoik go 60 mph instead.

True, false, wouldn't work at all? I'm curious what research is done for this, and as I said, I'll may try to do this myself too. Thanks for reading!

A conveyor belt hoik would likely either function like an ordinary hoik, or it may not function at all. For a hoik to work, the player or NPC must be aligned with the hoik teeth. If a conveyor belt were to nudge the player a bit further than the hoik does on each frame, he may become misaligned with the teeth and get stuck. I'm not sure conveyor blocks would even affect an object that is overlapping it, anyway, so it might not have any affect at all.

A conveyor belt hoik would likely either function like an ordinary hoik, or it may not function at all. For a hoik to work, the player or NPC must be aligned with the hoik teeth. If a conveyor belt were to nudge the player a bit further than the hoik does on each frame, he may become misaligned with the teeth and get stuck. I'm not sure conveyor blocks would even affect an object that is overlapping it, anyway, so it might not have any affect at all.
Yeah, it looks like you actually need to stand ON the conveyor to get pushed. If they did push you, they would just break the hoik due to to the misalignment. An easy way to test this, is by making the floor/ceiling of the hoik track out of conveyors.

An interesting concept, but the above is true. Im a novice at hoiks, but they do depend on being mounted into the block correctly.

Interesting thought, but yeah it wouldn't work. I just had another interesting thought. It would be cool if items being moved by conveyor belts could trigger teal or some other kind of pressure plates.

Back
Top Bottom